All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Sou1 So1di3r
@insightbb.com

Sou1 So1di3r

Anon

Springfield, IL - When are we getting more HD channels?

I was under the impression that with the Comcast switch over we were going to be getting all the same HD channel lineup everyone else does. It's been over 2 months and nothing has changed except this stupid message that says "You now have Comcast!"

Horray. I have Comcast!
......not.

While I sit here with nothing to watch in HD insight customers get the new Digital 3.0

WTF.
Oh and, is BTN ever going to happen?
NoPegs
Premium Member
join:2006-06-14
Myerstown, PA

NoPegs

Premium Member

I'm not from that region of comcast, so clue me in, Who was your cable company before we acquited you?

Sou1 So1di3r
@insightbb.com

Sou1 So1di3r to Sou1 So1di3r

Anon

to Sou1 So1di3r
Oh I just wanted to add Comcast's website is the most UNhelpful website I have ever used.

Why can't they just have a list of the channels we are supposed to be getting or ANY info whatsoever.

Apparently my zip code is not part of comcast...... but somehow I still get the damn bill!!!!!
Sou1 So1di3r

Sou1 So1di3r to NoPegs

Anon

to NoPegs
Insight.
We were part of that huge switchover that amounted to nothing.
NoPegs
Premium Member
Myerstown, PA

NoPegs

Premium Member

Please tell me you guys have Moto equipment, and not SA boxes? Please?

Sou1 So1di3r
@insightbb.com

Sou1 So1di3r

Anon

Yes we use all the same eqipment. The gray Moto DVR with the orange display. I think they recently started coming out with new ones because my friend who just got a DVR in Dec/Jan has a gray/black DVR that looks totally different and the screen is very small and blue. Still same interface though.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY

sansri88 to NoPegs

Premium Member

to NoPegs
From their site the HDDVR is a Motorola one.
sansri88

sansri88 to Sou1 So1di3r

Premium Member

to Sou1 So1di3r
Your friend got the DCH341x. You have the older DCT64xx or the DCT34xx.
NoPegs
Premium Member
Myerstown, PA

NoPegs to Sou1 So1di3r

Premium Member

to Sou1 So1di3r
what firmware on your box.
Sou1 So1di3r
join:2008-02-17
Springfield, IL

Sou1 So1di3r

how do I check the firmware.

Is there any difference between the old and new moto boxes besides look?
NoPegs
Premium Member
Myerstown, PA

NoPegs

Premium Member

»en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ho ··· Software

New boxes are OCAP/Tru2way (They have physical cable cards semi-permanently slotted in...) No main differences, technically...
Sou1 So1di3r
Springfield, IL

Sou1 So1di3r

No info on HD lineup though......?

I'm still stuck with 9 channels...
NoPegs
Premium Member
Myerstown, PA

NoPegs

Premium Member

Further east of you, the normal time from takeover to full integration into the comcast nation (same channels in the same slots, etc...) is about 12 months... We've just finally finished absorbing Adelphia's fetid corpse out here... They even have CDV now!!!
NoPegs

NoPegs to Sou1 So1di3r

Premium Member

to Sou1 So1di3r
Still at 16.35 firmware?
Sou1 So1di3r
Springfield, IL

Sou1 So1di3r

I have no idea how to check the firmware.

12 months?

Are you f***ing kidding me..........
NoPegs
Premium Member
Myerstown, PA

NoPegs

Premium Member

»en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ho ··· Guide.29

That tells you how to check it...

Over the last 12 months here, we've made constant changes, so it's not like 12 months of the same service then all of a sudden it all changes... Every month or two you get a lottle closer to the finish... I also dare say Insight is waaaaaaaay more compatible with the rest of comcast than Adelphia was, so with any luck it won't take nearly as long...

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

CableTool to Sou1 So1di3r

Premium Member

to Sou1 So1di3r
said by Sou1 So1di3r:

I have no idea how to check the firmware.

12 months?

Are you f***ing kidding me..........
How long would it be under Insight for you to get new HDs?

Really.. its going to take a bit to get in there, find out what can be done, see what agreements insight had with what providers, move some channels around, lessen the analog presence, increase digital line up, re-allocate bandwidth.
Insight was a dog of a system. Im sure a lot of the contracts for that area are still under insight and being negotiated.
said by Sou1 So1di3r:

I was under the impression that with the Comcast switch over we were going to be getting all the same HD channel lineup everyone else does.
Who gave you that impression?

Sou1 So1di3r
@insightbb.com

Sou1 So1di3r to sansri88

Anon

to sansri88
Is it just a cosmetic update or are there actually new features on it?

If there are does that mean we have to get a new one?
It better be free.

Any info on HD lineup?

bp23
@spcsdns.net

bp23 to Sou1 So1di3r

Anon

to Sou1 So1di3r
Insight has been getting new HD channels for months while those of us that got hijacked to Comcast have gotten nothing and we still are getting nothing. I despise this company and cannot wait till FIOS becomes available. For the time being it remains Comcrapstic.

Sou1 So1di3r
@insightbb.com

Sou1 So1di3r to NoPegs

Anon

to NoPegs
Where do I find the firmware?

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

CableTool to bp23

Premium Member

to bp23
said by bp23 :

Insight has been getting new HD channels for months while those of us that got hijacked to Comcast have gotten nothing and we still are getting nothing.
Comcast has also been adding HDs for months. But again, if your being transitioned things are going to be a bit rocky. Certain things are business as usual. Same techs, same management, same everything your used to.
Channel changes and additions might even be the same. Because nothing has been added in 2 months doesnt mean it was because of Comcast. Who know what would or wouldnt have been added in central ill. I do know that system can definitely use a tuneup and overhaul.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

3 edits

dishrich to Sou1 So1di3r

to Sou1 So1di3r
Well, I don't know where you got this idea, but it's probably going to be awhile for several reasons:

- Time for Comcast to actually complete the entire "transfer" process; you DO realize this doesn't happen in a week...

- You actually are going to loose TWO HD channels off the bat; HD Net & HD Movies, since Comcast DOESN'T have a carriage contract with them & most likely probably WON'T by the time they start changing things around. BUT, by the same token, one would hope that Comcast at least replaces them with 2 other HD channels - but again, who knows???

- Due to Insight (foolishly) having a very large amount of analog channels sucking up bandwidth here, look for Comcast to start removing some analogs to make room for more HD. Also, unlike most Comcast systems, our system (& most other Insight systems I've seen) STILL offers many analog scrambled premiums, even though Insight quit actively offering analog decoders some time ago. If they had been thinking ahead, they should have transitioned all SIX of those analog premiums completely off to digital WAY long ago! 6 analog premiums suck up a LOT of valuable bandwidth - that right there would allow at LEAST 12 new HD's. (assuming only 2 HD's per 6mhz ch)

Bottom line - Comcast has a LOT of work to do on ALL these systems, including OURS, before you start seeing much HD flowing.

If you are in any kind of hurry for more HD, or you want to keep HD Net/Movies, better do what I did & get DirecTV HD. Maybe by the time my 2 year contract with DirecTV runs out, maybe Comcast will have this system beefed up more.

Oh, & as far as BTN - it AIN'T probably gonna happen anytime soon, either - since it has NOT happened on any other Comcast systems. You either need to suck it up, or go to satellite to get it.
Sou1 So1di3r
Springfield, IL

Sou1 So1di3r

I'm gonna loose the HDnet channels?

oh my god.

I hate comcast.

Greg_Z
Premium Member
join:2001-08-08
Springfield, IL

Greg_Z

Premium Member

The programming on HDNet is also shown on other HD channels that will be offered in the future. Same for HDMovies. You have to remember, that due to Mark Cuban & Comcast has been bickering more then next door neighbors in the Ghetto, it will be doubtful, unless Cuban gets his way.
IGGY9
No Guru Just Here To Help
Premium Member
join:2001-03-30
Chatham, IL

IGGY9

Premium Member

Sorry to disagree - but there are multiple programs that I get with HDNET that I can't get from any other source at this time. Then again I don't know how other sources could give me what I receive from HDNET when in fact a good portion of that content is HDNET produced. Not a very smart way to compete with the competition either. Considering the competition offers multiple HDNET options.