Search similar:

uniqs
cgar
join:2006-06-26
Lewis Center, OH

1 edit

cgar

[DVR] Help w/ DCT6412 III

I was watching a DVR'd show the other night and the show would freeze up and I couldn't rw or FF but could exit out of the show back to normal TV. If I restarted the show it would start back at the begining, not where I left off. I had to restart the show and FF to where I left off at least 4 times during 1 hour show.

The next 3-4 days it worked fine, then watching lost on DVR last night the same thing happened.

Both times I unplugged for 30 seconds to try and hard reset but that didn't seem to help.

Is this happening to anyone else? Or is my DVR going bad? Regular TV and HD seems to work just fine.

Thanks for any help!!! Let me know if you need more info.
jnjrjbc
join:2007-05-28

jnjrjbc

First, make sure the box isn't overheating by removing any devices from the top of it (if there are any) and making sure there is ample air flow (an inch or two between the top of the box and anything above it). Next, try turning the box off at night (or when not in use). These boxes record whatever channel is on both tuners, so the processor is working overtime, even when you're not viewing something. Lastly, if all else fails and the problem continues to happen, call the company to have a technician take a look at it and possibly change it. Just keep in mind if they need to change the box, you loose the recordings that are stored on it.
cgar
Lewis Center, OH

cgar

I talked with customer service and they reset the box. They said that should fix the problem. I'll test it out tonight and see if that works, if not I will take it in tomorrow for replacement.

? - if I get a replacement, is there a newer model than the 6412? Does it use the same powercord? My cord is plugged in behind a huge entertainment center and I would rather not have to move it if I don't have to.

Thanks.
Couch Potato
What?
Premium Member
join:2004-08-29
Statesville, NC

Couch Potato

Premium Member

said by cgar:

I
? - if I get a replacement, is there a newer model than the 6412? Does it use the same powercord? My cord is plugged in behind a huge entertainment center and I would rather not have to move it if I don't have to.

Thanks.
the newer models (DCT6416 & DCH6416) both use the same power cord as the DCT 6412, 6208, 2000, 1700, and so on
cgar
Lewis Center, OH

cgar

Update- The reset or updated the box remotely but there was no change dvr programs still freeze so I am taking the box back to insight for an exchange.

What is the difference between the DCT 6416 and teh DCH 6416? Should I ask for one over the other? (doubt I'll have a choice but it doesn't hurt to ask!!)

Thanks.
cgar

cgar to Couch Potato

to Couch Potato
I just picked up a DCH 6416 and will hook it up tonight.

Is there a way to hook up more than 1 TV to it?

Are the HDMI and the component outputs active at the same time?

Thanks.
cgar

cgar

So does anyone know if I can hook the DCH6416 up to two tv's at the same time?

I only have 1 box and the tv in the bedroom is on the other side of the wall from the one in the living room. It would be great if I could just run a hdmi cord (right now I only use the component hookups in the living room)through the wall then I could watch all of my DVR'd programs at night in bed.

Anyone know if this will work, I don't have a HDMI cable to test it out and don't want to spend the money on one if it won't work.

Thanks!!!!!

Xanmi
@insightns.com

Xanmi

Anon

Technically, yes you can. But, whatever you choose on the dvr is what will show on both Tv's. Meaning, you cannot be in the living room watching something, and someone in the bedroom watching something else if you are both hooked up to the same dvr. Also, the difference between the dct and dch is that the dch has an annoying cable card in it.
cgar
Lewis Center, OH

cgar

Thanks for the response.

I don't want to watch different shows but just thought it would be nice to be able to access the dvr from more than one tv. I am going to order the cable from monoprice and I'll post back how it all works out.