Search similar:

uniqs
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA

scelli (banned)

[IE] Error Message While Browsing Wikipedia

Never had any problem accessing images on Wikipedia, but tonight I began getting the error message seen in the scrren shot above when attempting to access some pics attached to subjects. I tried various different articles and pictures just to see what might happen and about 50% of the time I get the abort message. Please note that as far as I know, this particular problem is only happening on the Wikipedia.org website.

Anyone have thoughts as to what might be causing this?

Using IE7 on Vista Ultimate SP1.

TIA!

DevilFrank
join:2003-07-13

DevilFrank

Hm...no problems here. Did you relocate the TIF?

Freddy
Premium Member
join:2005-05-17
Arlington, VA

Freddy to scelli

Premium Member

to scelli
scelli,

If you're using AVG anti virus version 8, disable the AVG Safe Search Add-On, under Tools, Manage Add-Ons. If you're not using that version of AVG, then perhaps some other add-on is causing the problem. Other than that, I've no other idea of what the problem could be.

Freddy
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
FLOT/FEBA

scelli (banned)

Nope, not using AVG. Thanks anyway!
scelli

scelli (banned) to DevilFrank

to DevilFrank
You got me on that one: what do you mean when you say did I relocate the TIF?

DevilFrank
join:2003-07-13

1 edit

DevilFrank

It seems to me that the IE can´t save the picture temporally. And we have to find out why... The first idea was that the TIF folder is relocated and the IE is working in protected mode and now the access to TIF is not be able.

Just an idea... But it is only on wikipedia...
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
FLOT/FEBA

scelli (banned)

Finally realized what TIF means, but does anyone know how someone can access this folder in IE7? I have the "show all hidden files and folders" option checked in Windows Explorer but can't seem to find the pesky thing. In previous versions of IE, that folder used to be hidden under "Documents and Settings' if I'm recalling correctly.

Just can't seem for the life on me to locate TIF in IE7, even after doing a file search.

Now here's the kicker: last night, I did my routine manual cleaning out of the Windows Temp folder (using %temp% at the command line) and deleted some junk in there. This morning I went to Wikipedia and tried viewing a number of pictures. Had no problems whatsoever and no error messages like my screen shot from a few days ago! Go figure, huh?

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57

Premium Member

said by scelli:

Finally realized what TIF means, but does anyone know how someone can access this folder in IE7? I have the "show all hidden files and folders" option checked in Windows Explorer but can't seem to find the pesky thing. In previous versions of IE, that folder used to be hidden under "Documents and Settings' if I'm recalling correctly.
Don't know about Vista, but in XP it's Documents and Settings\[User]\Local Settings\.
There's a 'Temp' and a 'TIF' inside there.
. . This morning I went to Wikipedia and tried viewing a number of pictures. Had no problems whatsoever and no error messages like my screen shot from a few days ago! Go figure, huh?
You fixed it.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, as they say.
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
FLOT/FEBA

scelli (banned)

Vista no longer has a "Documents and Settings" folder, which I sort of miss because of becoming pretty familiar with finding stuff in it while using XP Pro for a number of years.

Don't know what might have been in my %temp% folder causing the problem on Wikipedia, but hopefully the issue won't re-appear!