Search similar:

uniqs

PirateJim
Premium Member
join:2007-07-11
Toms River, NJ

PirateJim

Premium Member

NJ - MSG HD/MSG Plus HD coming 10/15 ...

From today's Asbury Park Press:

Effective October 15, 2008, the following channels will be added to the Comcast channel lineup:

•MSG HD - Expanded Service HD Channel 196
•MSG Plus HD - Expanded Service HD Channel 197

Also effective October 15th, the following channels will no longer be available:

•HD Special Events/CN8 HD - Channel 201
•MOJO - Channel 206

Applies to Comcast Of Monmouth County, Ocean County, Central New Jersey, Toms River and LBI

dyhrdmet
@sbc.com

dyhrdmet

Anon

It's about time. Let me beat some others to the punch, and ask - is this going to be available for Comcast Union/Verona?

While I'm here, let me ask - if MOJOHD goes away, where would NBATV HD games be seen? the crap on channel 201 was a waste of space on the program guide when it didn't show our local HD games. Looking at this, 2 adds and 1 subtract, it probably means that there's very limited capacity to add, and MSG and MSG+ are showing all games from now on in HD, so it basically becomes a must do (like how they had to remove NFL Network HD to make room for SNYHD when all Mets games went HD this year). Comcast owes Cablevision a lot because of how they hold these channels hostage from AT&T and Verizon, so this is only fair.
dmasterscott
Comcast Of NJ II
join:2006-10-14
Woodbridge, NJ

dmasterscott to PirateJim

to PirateJim
Click for full size
Also applies to Comcast of Union, Meadowlands Plainfield, Central NJ II (General)

Travelfan1
RIP Analog Go Digital
join:2005-08-23
Woodbridge, NJ

Travelfan1 to PirateJim

to PirateJim
not that I'll miss it, but I am wondering if Mojo is been discontinued as a stand-alone channel - not that I'll miss it at all... Anyway, I wished Comcast were to add MSG+ HD sooner, for the college football games in HD, but October 15th isn't too bad.

psujim
join:2007-10-10
Reading, PA

psujim

said by Travelfan1:

not that I'll miss it, but I am wondering if Mojo is been discontinued as a stand-alone channel - not that I'll miss it at all... Anyway, I wished Comcast were to add MSG+ HD sooner, for the college football games in HD, but October 15th isn't too bad.
Yeah, unfortunately, it's that 30-day notice of removal that they have to give that'll hold it up...

dyhrdmet
@sbc.com

dyhrdmet to PirateJim

Anon

to PirateJim
thanks. i knew someone with a newspaper and a scanner would answer my question. I can't seem to find these things on nj.com anymore. and this is the type of thing you'd expect Comcast to tell us with a "message" on the cable box (like they do with PPV events, free previews, and any other event that can coax people to spend money on Comcast services), but i'm willing to bet that just like all the other channel changes, you won't find it there.

I assume that for any HD games (at least regular season NHL games) on MSG and MSG+ before October 15, we will continue to get the same treatment of finding them on 201 & 206.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to PirateJim

to PirateJim
Obviously the first question is, is this only Comcast in south Jersey? I wouldn't think so. If they are making this change up North, it's another reason for me to exit CC. The only team I might watch on MSG are the Devils, and I've found MOJO to be a really neat HD channel. Fios does not have Mojo at all, but if CC gives it up, I have less reason to remain.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to PirateJim

MVM

to PirateJim
I would not be happy to loose Mojo. I like their original series such as Three Sheets, Pressure Cook, and Technology Jones.

Sounds like your area is so starved for bandwidth they are required to remove 2 HD channels in order to have room for 2 more.
rob316
join:2005-10-17
Carteret, NJ

rob316 to dmasterscott

to dmasterscott
There is Union and there is Union II two seperate systems. So NO Union II will not get these channels.

Travelfan1
RIP Analog Go Digital
Woodbridge, NJ

Travelfan1

no rob, that's incorrect. Comcast of NJ II/Union has been renamed to Comcast of Union. So these changes apply to us indeed. Not that it matters to you, as you've been getting both via Directv....
rob316
join:2005-10-17
Carteret, NJ

rob316

My BADD so they changed the name. I wonder how Comcast will free up space on the system to add these channels

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY

sansri88 to PirateJim

Premium Member

to PirateJim
Strange if you ask me. EIA ch 32 is still empty, why remove Mojo? I can understand 201, but Mojo? I'm gonna miss my IMAX movies

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to PirateJim

to PirateJim
im thinking mojo is being discontinued nationwide to make room for hdnet and hdnet movies. Just my prediction.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88

Premium Member

That sort of makes sense.

Comcast is a part owner, though, of iNDemand Networks which (if I'm not mistaken) owns Mojo (which used to be iNHD).

CRP2
Comcast of Ocean County
join:2005-12-26
Brick, NJ

1 edit

CRP2

I'll miss MOJO. Not too excited about getting MSG HD or MSG+HD.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Just a thought here..

What is going on in this Comcast system?? It seems bizarre how they cannot seem to make any changes for channels or pretty much have done nothing over the past year.

They remove 2 HD channels to put 2 other ones in? Seriously?

ulffy555
@comcast.net

ulffy555

Anon

Well, only really removing 1, channel 201 was not in HD until thy would flip the switch and put MSGHD on during Rangers and Knicks games. This is a good thing, plus there are more programs in HD now in HD on MSG and MSG+. Last weekend there was a college football game in HD, plus some programs produced by MSG are now produced in HD. We have had MSG and MSG+ in HD full time for the last 4 months or so in Comcast NW New Jersey.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

I guess that's the price you New Yorker's have to pay.

You need 3 sports channels to watch all your lousy teams.

(Just kidding, well maybe)

CRP2
Comcast of Ocean County
join:2005-12-26
Brick, NJ

CRP2

Actually its 4 sports channels (YES, SNY, MSG, MSG+) for NY sports.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to PirateJim

to PirateJim
The problem is that Comcast still carries Analog, and a lot of it, hence we have little HD. I too will miss the MOJO Imax stuff. The only thing I can think of is that much of MOJO's stuff is also on Amazon Unboxed, JOOST, Hulu, not to mention On Demand. I've always seen Mojo as sort of a test-bed/preview of HD programming. However, since it is NOT being replaced by HD_Net or HD_Net Movies, I would call that a great trade. But for MSG, that is hideous. No, having MSG HD is not a plus over FIOS.

dyhrdmet
@comcast.net

dyhrdmet to ulffy555

Anon

to ulffy555
I think the reason this is happening now is that MSG and MSG+ are probably going to air all games in HD from now on. they've been giving us all the HD games for almost the past 2 seasons. Comcast NJ II had to drop something in order to add SNY HD back in March when the mets went 100% HD. I'm sure they'll find a way to get MOJOHD back on our TVs within 6 months (note that the channel numbers aren't being reassigned).

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88

Premium Member

Again they did not have to drop Mojo to add MSG and MSG+. EIA ch 32 was empty, and they could have put these two new channels on a 2:1 mux without dropping Mojo
mdelcorso
join:2007-12-23
Berkeley Heights, NJ

mdelcorso

Isn't 32 where they put the MSG2, MSG2+ overflow?

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88

Premium Member

Channel 32 got removed, it's available on digital only somewhere in the 850's I think.
dmasterscott
Comcast Of NJ II
join:2006-10-14
Woodbridge, NJ

dmasterscott

Actually they didn't...

It was Removed from DIGITAL 32 (Remapped), but its still on ANALOG 32 showing a black screen..

This is like same thing like last year when they "CLAIMED" they were moving TV Guide channel To Digital... and they didn't..
MDeCillis
join:2008-06-11
Iselin, NJ

MDeCillis to PirateJim

to PirateJim
This really sucks, i really like MOJO!
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

1 edit

ajwees41 to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

im thinking mojo is being discontinued nationwide to make room for hdnet and hdnet movies. Just my prediction.
Cox Omaha is also loosing MOJO on the 15th. When I asked the csr they said the reason MojoHD is being removed is the Network is removing itself nationally.

I also heard they just signed up with one of the satelite providers.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream

MVM

Then why do they show new fall content on their website?
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

It's a national move by MojoHD. The decision was made by parent company iN DEMAND to cease operating the channel. Select Mojo HD content will remain available via On Demand. Mojo Mix Hd On Demand offer select Mojo shows and music videos free On Demand to digital cable subscribers with HD service .
Info from cox info guy.

Travelfan1
RIP Analog Go Digital
Woodbridge, NJ

Travelfan1 to cypherstream

to cypherstream
cypher, maybe Mojo is pulling a Lehman Bros on people on their web site - You know, Lehman upper management was telling people a week ago that they were fine, that they had plenty of funds to survive on their own....