spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sjfeinbe
join:2006-02-11
Saginaw, MI

sjfeinbe

Can't send Email

I have ATT dynamic DSL in Michigan. Been using it for about two years . Today, suddenly, I can't send email from my main account memeber@sbcglobal.net or any of my sub accounts. No setting has changed. I keep getting a message that the server may be down. Can receive mail with no issue. Anyone else having this problem?
sjfeinbe

sjfeinbe

Found the problem! After troubleshooting, I discovered that the SMTP port I've been working on since June of 2007, port 465, no longer works. Instead, I used port 25 and it worked fine! Would've been nice to have received some notice!

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

You will probably soon start receiving notices that you should use port 465 (with SSL).

If port 465 no longer works for you, that is likely a problem on your computer, not a change from ATT or Yahoo. (If they had changed that, many people would be complaining).

Check your settings, to make sure that SSL is turned on for port 465. And check your firewall/virus scanner to make sure that they are not interfering with the outgoing email.
gkar2000
join:2003-01-27
Fond Du Lac, WI

gkar2000

I ran into the same problem here in Fond du Lac, WI yesterday. I have been getting frequent errors on pop3 and couldn't send mail on port 465. I switched back to ports 110 and 25 and it works. I'm using Pegasus on Win2k and it worked fine on the SSL ports for a year or more and I have made no changes here.
sjfeinbe
Saginaw, MI

sjfeinbe to nwrickert

to nwrickert
I discovered that it was port 25 that worked because I accidentally set my wife's computer to run on port 25 (SSL) and it has been that way for over a year! Never got a notice about changing to port 465 for that computer. Also, I'm not using a firewall/virus scanner (!) so I know there's no interference there. I have things set up so neither is necessary.
computerman2
Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
Trenton, MI

2 edits

computerman2

Premium Member

Cannot send mail with Outlook 2003, WIndows Vista, and WIndows Live Onecare, Tried to send mail with Outlook 2003, and for some reason it keeps saying SSL error message, here i'll copy it, and maybe someone can determine what the issue is, only change was installing Windows Live Onecare?

Task 'pop.att.yahoo.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL-secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

can send email from webmail, but not outlook

Second Desktop has the same antivirus software/firewall...Is it a problem with Windows Live Onecare 2.5?

Or something with at&t
sjfeinbe
Saginaw, MI

sjfeinbe

Check your SMTP port setting in Outlook. If it's 465, as mine was, change it to port 25 and see if that works. Just as a test.
geektitan
join:2008-09-26
Hammond, IN

geektitan to sjfeinbe

to sjfeinbe
reply to computerman2

hi there! since you're getting message saying that your server is not SSL compatible, then your outlook 2003 does not support it. Minimum requirements for SSL on mail clients using att server (smtp.att.yahoo.com port 465 SSL enabled) is at least OUTLOOK 2003 SP 3 (service pack) i think your outlook is not on SP 3. If not,then upgrade your outlook if still doesn't work then it's a problem on your outlook being not SSL compatible. Using upgraded mail clients such as outlook 2007 or outlook express will resolve your issue or you may set your smtp server to smtpauth.sbcglobal.net no SSL and port 25 for a temporary solution

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to computerman2

MVM

to computerman2
said by computerman2:

Cannot send mail with Outlook 2003, WIndows Vista, and WIndows Live Onecare...
In the Microsoft help groups, one MS-MVP has suggested that Onecare might be the problem. Can you disable, or even uninstall it for testing?

There are reports from users of:

• MS Outlook 2003
• Windows Mail (included with windows Vista)
• Windows Live Mail (two versions currently extant; one is a Beta)

All not working with 'smtp.att.yahoo.com:465'. And one not working with 'smtp.gmail.com:465'.

OTOH, I've tried all of those clients, but MS Outlook 2003 (I don't have any Office products installed), and on:

• 'smtp.att.yahoo.com:465'
• 'smtp.mail.yahoo.co.jp:465'
• 'smtp.gmail.com:465'

And none fail. Whatever this problem is, not all MS Outlook 2003 users are having trouble, and the trouble is happening for at least one user on another server.

And now I see one user of Pegasus Mail has a problem.
Is it a problem with Windows Live Onecare 2.5?
One MS-MVP suspects so.
Or something with at&t
It is not universal for the Yahoo! servers (you have 'at&t Yahoo! HSI', and Yahoo! runs 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'). It is not universal for MS Outlook users. Makes it a difficult problem to sort out.
computerman2
Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
Trenton, MI

computerman2

Premium Member

Got it fixed, was corrupt Digital id in Digital id area, how it got there i don't know, but mail works fine now, and back to using Avast Home editon, dumped Onecare on every PC it was on.

Thanks for responding though