jaceg
Keep'In An Eye Out For Ya
Premium Member
join:2000-08-12
Revere, MA

jaceg

Premium Member

[E-mail] SmartZone Mail Server Down ??

Can't get to the Comcast mail server with my Thunderbird client or Comcast Webmail.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion

MVM

IE 6 here and got to it fine though a little slow loading.

trent7
join:2005-11-28
Philadelphia, PA

trent7 to jaceg

to jaceg
SmartZone works fine with firefox for me.
Not sure if it's slower than usual, because I'm not home and the connection that I'm using now is crap (not Comcast )

jaceg
Keep'In An Eye Out For Ya
Premium Member
join:2000-08-12
Revere, MA

jaceg

Premium Member

It seems to be OK now.

Thanks

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

1 edit

RR Conductor to jaceg

Premium Member

to jaceg
Everytime I login and try to access the Smartzone link, I get this page-

HTTP ERROR: 400
invalid request: server abs.comcast.net does not have zimbraMailMode set, maybe it is not a store server?
RequestURI=/service/preauth

Powered by Jetty://

I hope they haven't hosed my email account.

bigchris
Do Not Shoot The Messenger
Premium Member
join:2002-04-29
Leesburg, VA

bigchris

Premium Member

said by RR Conductor:

Everytime I login and try to access the Smartzone link, I get this page-

invalid request: server abs.comcast.net does not have zimbraMailMode set, maybe it is not a store server?

I hope they haven't hosed my email account.
RR Conductor. Message me your primary account name and i'll take a look at it. It's most likely something wrong with your account on the server.

justpostit
@mantech.com

justpostit to jaceg

Anon

to jaceg
I also can't get onto the smartzone to check my email.
Very annoying - improvements are great - huh?

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

I can get everywhere else I tried - so pretty sure it is comcast. I was on fine earlier...

mark5019
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Atlanta, GA

mark5019 to jaceg

Premium Member

to jaceg
still down

pokesph
It Is Almost Fast
Premium Member
join:2001-06-25
Sacramento, CA

pokesph to jaceg

Premium Member

to jaceg
working fine here.. no issues loading or browsing mail / cdv vm's
wozz007
join:2008-09-09
Greensburg, PA

wozz007 to jaceg

to jaceg
Help desk stated that some of the mail servers are down, when i called in.

trent7
join:2005-11-28
Philadelphia, PA

trent7 to jaceg

to jaceg
My account wasn't accessible an hour or 2 ago and now its back online.
So either they're having some problems, or some work is being done.
wozz007
join:2008-09-09
Greensburg, PA

wozz007 to jaceg

to jaceg
Sry, left this out, the .net accounts on certain servers are down and so are the business class domain hosted email accounts on the businessclass.comcast.net site. No eta on when they will be back up.

bonnyjean
@comcast.net

bonnyjean to jaceg

Anon

to jaceg
I have also had problems accessing my email with Webmail since they went with this SmartZone. Not so smart as far as I am concerned.

I usually use Outlook Express for email, but when I get an error message or can't connect I go to Webmail and also find that I cannot get to my email.

I also notice that it may tell me I have 9 messages/0 unread when there are no messages in the Inbox. I don't know why they change things that work perfectly well. I find that it takes longer to connect with SmartZone and it is not as user friendly as before.

I can ditto this for the TV Planner which they have totally ruined.

I would like to strangle the person who got this great idea.

soleon
@charter.com

soleon to jaceg

Anon

to jaceg
Yeah its down everyone. but it seems to depend on which set of servers you are on.

about 125,000 customers are without email right now (both web and local connection failures) . No word on the reason why. Some people getting back on say email is missing from their webmail folders.

mrsplants0
join:2005-10-27
East Falmouth, MA

mrsplants0 to RR Conductor

to RR Conductor

get that error also

EbsMom
@comcast.net

EbsMom to jaceg

Anon

to jaceg
This is the third time in four days that Comcast or SmartZone have been down at our house. The first day we sat on hold for 47 minutes for the help desk. The second time it took 6 phone calls of them saying that they had reset the modem for them to admit that there "was a problem in our area and they were not sure when it would be fixed".

I wish they had never switched to SmartZone - lot more problem than it is worth and not as user friendly as it was!

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA

joetaxpayer to jaceg

to jaceg
I am down as well.
Joe
amautik
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Stow, MA

amautik to jaceg

Premium Member

to jaceg
Me too....down in Stow(MA)for well over 2 hours
Lion84
join:2007-08-10
Marietta, GA

Lion84 to jaceg

to jaceg
Me too...Marietta, GA. Yesterday down too, then fixed, now down tonight.

SmartZone is dumb.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

3 edits

cypherstream to jaceg

MVM

to jaceg
It's down. Outlook 2007 keeps asking me for the password. I'm trying my password but it just comes back about a minute later. So I decided to use the SmartZone web interface. I get redirected and it's a completely blank page. I can't ping mail.comcast.net or pop.comcast.net either. There must be network problems.

Is SmartZone out of Beta now? Does everyone have it? When Beta Testing it the only real problem was the e-mail count was always wrong in the web interface. I'm trying the mobile site m.comcast.net and it just hangs when I submit my username and password. I know it should be right because I can log into www.comcast.net and do account maintenance and all of that.

Pinging mail.g.comcast.net [76.96.30.119] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 76.96.30.119:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Also logging into Comcast.net does not show an e-mail count in the top left corner like it should.

Edit:

»online.comcast.net/netwo ··· eck.aspx

Shows E-mail and Smartzone as being down.

ch2x
@comcast.net

ch2x to jaceg

Anon

to jaceg
Yes, that seems to be happening to us as well in Melrose, MA. Hope this won't last too long. Really need email right now. Wonder if they are overloaded with the election volume. What's going on?? Tried calling and they cut me off saying "due to heavy call volume."

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA

RR Conductor to bigchris

Premium Member

to bigchris
Done and done Chris, thanks again for the help!
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss to cypherstream

Premium Member

to cypherstream
It was mentioned by bigchris in another thread, the servers are currently configured not to respond to ping requests. Using telnet, here was my response.

telnet 76.96.30.119 110
Trying 76.96.30.119...
Connected to 76.96.30.119.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK POP3 ready
QUIT
+OK
Connection closed by foreign host.

Felicia
@comcast.net

Felicia to Lion84

Anon

to Lion84
I do not like this system it suck. I can not get email keep getting error..They should have left it alone..GREAT JOB COMCAST

Gabe
@comcast.net

Gabe to jaceg

Anon

to jaceg
my windows mail stopped working and when I try to log into the web mail I get this

"Internal Server failure, APACHE plugin. Cannot continue."

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to jaceg

MVM

to jaceg
Well due to network health, live chat with queues of 400+ and some more threads on Comcast.net's forums ( »forums.comcast.net/comca ··· ard.id=2 ) E-mail is down. Has nothing to do with ping requests, e-mail is simply down. Webmail, POP mail, m.comcast.net mobile e-mail access, etc... Let's have Karl write a news story.

mattg
@comcast.net

mattg to jaceg

Anon

to jaceg
Same problem here. Just started earlier this evening. Comcast was also having server problems over the weekend. Nothing to do but be patient, I guess.

willymon
@comcast.net

willymon to cypherstream

Anon

to cypherstream
I had problems early in the afternoon, but eventually got through, that was around 130pm EDT. Since i got home from work, no such luck, and i've tried at 630, 730, 815 and 10pm. I even went in and paid my bill ahead of time thinking they were screwing with me, but at least i can take comfort in that this is a system wide problem Way to go COMCAST!

I have not tried my mobile connection, because it costs a quarter minimum every time i do it, but i might try now, and maybe report back. But you guys have probably already pursued that angle, so maybe i will just throw the quarter out into the middle of the street.

Arthur_Aarvark
@comcast.net

Arthur_Aarvark to jaceg

Anon

to jaceg
Yes down in Northampton, MA

actor90
Never a dull moment
Premium Member
join:2003-07-21
Jackson, NJ
·Verizon FiOS
Wistron NeWeb CR1000A

actor90 to jaceg

Premium Member

to jaceg
Comcast is just getting more and more Comcastic! Which in 2009 should be defined in the dictionary as substandard. Smartzone was brought in for one reason only, to add to the revenue of the company. Smartzone has ads that either Comcast profits from directly, or profits from through the makers of Smartzone. I don't mind Comcast increasing their revenues in this way, however, make sure the monetizing software you are using actually works before you force it on your whole customer base.