All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
amigo_boy
join:2005-07-22

4 edits

amigo_boy

HOW-TO: QoS and Tomato (fixes "choppy voice")

Click for full size
Figure 1. Basic Settings (Outgoing)
Click for full size
Figure 2. Basic Settings (Incoming)
Click for full size
Figure 3. Classification
Click for full size
Figure 4. View Graphs
Click for full size
Figure 5. View Details
This article describes how to configure QoS in Tomato 1.23.[1]

Overview

Tomato is a free firmware which can replace the firmware of many popular routers.

QoS is a feature to give priority to some internet traffic at the expense of other traffic. For example, giving higher priority to VOIP (voice) traffic so web browsing and file transfers don't interfere. A basic primer on QoS is available.[2] QoS can dramatically improve voice quality, fixing the oft-reported "choppy voice" problem.

Alternatives

Some consumer routers come with QoS features. If you're not comfortable flashing your router with Tomato, or you router is not supported, the instructions below may help you understand your router's features (if present) and how they could be used.

However, Tomato's QoS is highly configurable, giving you much more flexibility. I believe it will produce results superior to the limited QoS features available in some consumer routers.

Finally:

• If you don't feel capable of flashing a router, and your router doesn't have QoS, you may want to consider the Hawking Broadband Booster. This is a black-box implementation of QoS. Just connect it and it will configure itself using pre-configured rules. Many MagicJack users have reported positive results. (However, it's hard to believe it could be as effective as a router with greater flexibility and specificity.).

• If you want to flash your router but it's not supported by Tomato, I recommend the Linksys WRT54GL. Other routers could be better. But, I've used this one. If you're wondering what I recommend, that's the only one I can.

How to configure Tomato 1.23

After flashing your router with Tomato, open a browser to 192.161.1.1. This is the Tomato administration UI. The default login is user="root", password="admin".

Step 1 (Basic Settings -- Outbound)

1. Refer to Figure 1.

2. Navigate to "QoS" and "Basic Settings."

3. Make your page look like Figure 1.

However, the "Max Bandwidth" should be changed to reflect your max upload bandwidth. You can go to www.speedtest.net and run some tests.

Be sure to "save" your changes.

NOTE: This speed should be conservative. For example, if your speed varies throughout the day, you should use the slowest speed you regularly experience. If you use cable internet, and it has "speed boost" (a temporary increase in bandwidth), you should take that into consideration too.

The importance of this speed being accurate (and conservatively the slowest max-speed normally encountered) is that Tomato will not only prioritize packets according to the rules you specify (Step 3), but it will throttle the speed at which it sends them. If you set your Max Bandwidth too aggressively, Tomato will send packets too fast, causing congestion which will diminish the benefits of prioritization.

Tomato 1.23 includes a new feature called TCP Vegas. You will see it at the bottom of the page. This is an outbound congestion avoidance algorithm built into the Linux kernal. For some people, this may work better than QoS. For others, it may reduce the problems associated with specifying your Max Bandwidth too high. (I haven't used it yet. But, the theory is that you would let Tomato prioritize packets using QoS, but send data as fast as it can. TCP Vegas would control the real sending speed at the operating-system level.).

Step 2 (Basic Settings -- Inbound)

1. Refer to Figure 2.

2. Navigate to "QoS" and "Basic Settings."

3. Scroll down, and make your page look like Figure 2.

However, as described in Step 1, the "Max Bandwidth" should be changed to reflect your max bandwidth.

Note: Step 1's caution about (conservative) accuracy applies here too.

If you read the novice introduction to QoS,[3] you will have learned that there is some controversy over inbound QoS. It's not "traffic shaping." It involves delaying acknowledgments, discarding packets, etc., to (hopefully) cause the sender to slow down, retry, etc.

My experience with Tomato is that, whatever it's doing, it's very effective. Others have suggested that setting the outbound Max Bandwidth to a maximum value (all 9s) works better. This may depend on the speed of your internet connection, whether you have a cable provider who uses "speed boost" (or other conditions which cause the speed to vary). My speed is a constant 1500kbs down, and I notice a considerable improvement using Tomato's inbound QoS feature as described in the Figure 2.

In the Additional Thoughts section below, there is information on how to test the effectiveness of your QoS. This can be used to test different outbound Max Bandwidth values, including unlimited (all 9s).

Step 3 (Classification)

1. Refer to Figure 3.

2. Navigate to "QoS" and "Classification."

3. Make your page look like Figure 3.

This is where you define how traffic should be identified and classified. The classes relate to the percentages specified in Steps 1 & 2.

On this screen, you want to add the two highlighted rules using the following values:

4. MJ SIP signaling

- Any IP address
- UDP
- Dest port: 5060-5070
- Layer 7: sip
- Class: Highest.
- Desc: MJ SIP signaling.

5. MJ RTP voice

- Any IP address
- UDP
- Dest port: 10000-20000
- Layer 7: rtp-2
- Class: Highest.
- Desc: MJ RTP voice

6. Move these rules "up" above the "bulk" rule (as shown in Figure 3.).

The order of the rules is important. If they are after the "bulk" rule, then that rule will apply to the MagicJack traffic before these rules are considered.

Also, there's no reason to move them even higher. These rules apply when a connection is created. You'll probably be creating more web and DNS (hostname lookup) connections than you will telephone calls. There's no reason for Tomato to even consider applying them to those more frequent connections.

NOTE: The Layer 7 "rtp-2" is a temporary fix (or alternative) to Layer 7's "rtp" choice. In the future, this fix may replace "rtp" (or given a different name).

Step 4 (Check the classification)

1. Refer to Figure 4.

2. Connect your MagicJack and place a call to the special echo number (which will echo what you say back to you) 909-390-0003.

3. Navigate to "QoS" and "View Graphs."

4. Click on the slice of the pie that represents "Highest."

Refer to the color code on the left side of the screen. If you place your cursor over a slice of the pie, it will tell you which classification it represents.

NOTE: In Internet Explorer, you must have the Adobe SVG plugin to see the graphs.

Step 5 (View classification details)

1. Refer to Figure 5.

2. Check "Automatically Resolve Addresses."

You should see two items on this page related to "talk4free.com." One is for "proxy1" (the SIP connection). The other is for "vms1" (the RTP connection).

The city name may be different depending on your location.

The "proxy1" connection occurs when you start MagicJack. The "vms1" connection only occurs when you place or receive a call.

If you don't see either of these items, you will have to click on other slices of the pie to see where they were classified. If your rules didn't apply, then it probably fell into the "bulk" rule (which is "lowest"). Depending on the speed of your connection and whether it was the vms1/RTP connection, speaking to the special echo number will probably produce unusable results. Especially if you are doing anything else, like browsing the web.

Alternatively, you can navigate to "QoS" and "View Details." This is the same screen you are on now, but it shows all traffic. You can click the headings ("destination" or "class") and it will sort everything. This might help you locate either of those servers if you have trouble locating them by going through the pie chart.

Additional thoughts

• Remember that the Tomato page contains a link to make a donation.[4] If Tomato is useful, buy the author lunch at McDonald's. (If it's really useful, "Super Size" it.).

• It's a good idea to perform steps 4 & 5 occasionally, and keep them in mind if your voice quality ever deteriorates significantly. QoS is an excellent tool. But, if the rules don't apply as you expect, it can make things much worse. WARNING: You have the responsibility to check how the rules are being [mis-]applied before reporting a voice-quality problem to MagicJack support.

• An article on Wikibooks describes Tomato's menu choices.[5] It may not yet be complete for version 1.23.

• You can use »www.speedtest.net to test the effectiveness of your QoS (and any changes you make to the settings suggested by this document). Call the special echo number (see Step 4) and while counting into the phone, start a speed test. The speed test will saturate your connection (down first, then up).

You can disable QoS (see Step 1) and compare what you hear.

BTW: If QoS is operating correctly, you should see about 100kbs difference in speedtest results (with and without QoS).

• Unrelated to QoS (except that unwanted traffic will compete with your voice traffic): By default, Tomato 1.23 has uPnP enabled. I recommend you navigate to "Port Forwarding" and "uPnP" to disable this feature. If you see any ports on that page that have already been opened, I would delete them. After saving changes to this page, check back to make sure it's still disabled. (I've seen it take a couple tries to make the disable take effect.).

uPnP allows processes to open ports without your approval. This is generally considered a security hole. And, if something opens a lot of ports without your knowledge, you could have a high amount of traffic consuming bandwidth without knowing it, degrading your voice quality.

[1] »www.polarcloud.com/tomato

[2] »vonage.nmhoy.net/qos.html

[3] ibid.

[4] Supra, note 1.

[5] »en.wikibooks.org/wiki/To ··· Firmware

Authority
join:2000-03-29
Los Angeles, CA

Authority

said by amigo_boy:

the theory is that you would let Tomato prioritize packets using QoS, but send data as fast as it can. TCP Vegas would control the real sending speed at the operating-system level
Curious your source on this - or is it just a guess?
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

I gleaned it from this very long thread, where DD-WRT users were trying TCP Vegas for the first time. Some reported success setting DD-WRT's QoS outbound max bandwidth to unlimited. Others didn't.

»www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/vi ··· &start=0

Mark

Authority
join:2000-03-29
Los Angeles, CA

Authority

said by amigo_boy:

I gleaned it from this very long thread, where DD-WRT users were trying TCP Vegas for the first time.
Ah - so you assumed the implementation was the same in Tomato. I'm less sure as the sparse FAQ doesn't clearly suggest that using both works. If it did, it would be the best scenario I agree!
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

said by Authority:

Ah - so you assumed the implementation was the same in Tomato. I'm less sure as the sparse FAQ doesn't clearly suggest that using both works. If it did, it would be the best scenario I agree!
It seems intuitive to me. With QoS disabled, using TCP Vegas should improve outbound performance compared to not using it. If that's true, then the question would be whether QoS with no outbound limit would add any improvement (as it gives priority to packets, but hands them off as fast as it can, letting TCP Vegas avoid congestion like it does when QoS is disabled).

But, you're right. I don't know if Tomato prioritizes traffic that way. Like, sending two of these to every one of those. If it's been told the outbound limit is "99999", maybe it sends everything equally because it senses that it's nowhere near saturating 99999.

Maybe I'll suggest to Jon that a different QoS algorithm should be used when outbound max-bandwith is set to "0". Use the QoS classification to influence the percentage of packets sent (relative to other classifications) regardless of the saturation level (which, at this point, QoS wouldn't know about).

Mark
eviljafar
join:2007-04-10
Montreal, QC

eviljafar to amigo_boy

to amigo_boy
There is no point setting an inbound limit. All that Tomato can do when you set inbound rules is drop packets if the link is saturated. Then they have to be sent to you again, creating more traffic. Just set all the inbound rules to none, and throttle applications like P2P in the application itself.

Using rules based on L7 is processor intensive, slower to process and not always accurate. It is better to base rules based on MAC address, IP address or port. I guess if you are using a Majic Jack then mac and IP may not be an option, but if you are using an ATA they are.

Outbound limit should be less than your actual upload speed. Not your theoretical maximum, but your actual speed. Do some tests. It depends who you ask and what your outbound rate actually is, but play around with something between 80-95%.
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

said by eviljafar:

There is no point setting an inbound limit. All that Tomato can do when you set inbound rules is drop packets if the link is saturated.
I would encourage anyone who follows the howto to perform some tests as described in the "Additional thoughts" section. With inbound max bandwidth set to your actual speed, and set to 99999 (unlimited), call the echo number, start a speedtest.net test, and begin counting into the phone as your download bandwidth is saturated.

My experience has been that it's a significant improvement to use actual speed (maybe a little less to be conservative). Maybe it doesn't work as well for others. But, I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that it doesn't do anything for anyone.
said by eviljafar:

Using rules based on L7 is processor intensive, slower to process
I thought the same thing. But, anyone can go to their router's administration UI, to the main page, and watch the CPU load. I get virtually no load. A fraction of 1%.

As I described in the howto,

1) Adding additional qualifications (UDP, port range) helps. It won't apply the L7 filter unless the packet meets that criteria.
2) Placement of the rule can avoid application of the rule to other traffic (such as DNS traffic).

Also, I recall reading somewhere that QoS rules (or L7 filters) are only applied when a connection is opened. Do you know if that's correct? If so, that would make L7's packet inspection insignificant.
said by eviljafar:

and not always accurate.
That's especially true for RTP because it's apparently difficult to identify. Myself and "authority" worked with the L7 project to get the "rtp" filter improved because it wasn't working with MagicJack (and possibly other RTP traffic). That's why there is an rtp-2 filter in Tomato 1.23. (The next version of Tomato should contain this filter in the official "rtp" filter.).

However, if the "rtp-2" filter stopped working (because MagicJack changed their RTP packet structure?) it would become immediately obvious. It wouldn't just go back to performance like there is no QoS. It would fall to the "low" (or "lowest") category. You'd know immediately.
said by eviljafar:

It is better to base rules based on MAC address, IP address or port.
"Better" is subjective. The problem with using a QoS rule based upon the destination IP address is that MagicJack will eventually change server addresses. The likelihood of this happening is much greater than them changing the packet structure of RTP. (I.e., that's the reason we have hostnames and DNS resolution to IP address, to protect us from hardware changes.).

I just saw a list of all proxy* servers registered to public IP addresses. It looks like MJ is preparing to expand capacity, load balancing 4-5 servers for one region. I think that means we can expect an IP address change soon.
said by eviljafar:

I guess if you are using a Magic Jack then mac and IP may not be an option, but if you are using an ATA they are.
Interesting. Can you explain that? I would think the susceptibility to IP-address change would be the same either way.

Mark
eviljafar
join:2007-04-10
Montreal, QC

eviljafar

said by amigo_boy:

My experience has been that it's a significant improvement to use actual speed (maybe a little less to be conservative). Maybe it doesn't work as well for others. But, I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that it doesn't do anything for anyone.
Interesting. I'd like to understand how it makes a difference. With outbound QoS you have control over the order in which data is sent, but with inbound data you have no control over how it is received. All I can see that setting a limit will do is cause packets to be dropped when your link becomes saturated.
said by amigo_boy:

"Better" is subjective. The problem with using a QoS rule based upon the destination IP address is that MagicJack will eventually change server addresses.
said by amigo_boy:

Interesting. Can you explain that? I would think the susceptibility to IP-address change would be the same either way.
I mean source IP, not destination IP, the IP of your ATA for example. Better as in more reliable. Because the MAC address of your ATA is never going to change, and you don't have to rely on packet inspetion to determine the type of traffic. But as I said I don't think using source IP or MAC is possible with a Magic Jack, so source port would be the next "best" thing.
amigo_boy

4 edits

amigo_boy

said by eviljafar:

Interesting. I'd like to understand how it makes a difference.... with inbound data you have no control over how it is received.
From what I've read, Tomato does things like slow down acknowledgments, even drop packets, which should cause well-behaving senders to slow down (and try again, in the case of dropped packets).

I pointed out in Step 2 of the HOWTO that this isn't "QoS" in the true sense of the term. But, the trickery seemed very effective to me.

It's easy for anyone to verify for themselves. Do the concurrent echo (voice) and speedtest (saturation) tests:

1. With QoS disabled.
2. With QoS enabled per the HOWTO (i.e., specifying an accurate inbound max bandwidth).
3. With QoS enabled, but with no inbound max bandwidth (i.e., all 9s).

If your theory is correct (that inbound "QoS" doesn't do anything, or may be harmful) then the sound quality of #3 during the download should be the same #1. Or, worse.

I would hang up between tests to be sure Tomato reclassifies the next call.

What I found is that the voice quality during the download test isn't as immune from saturation as the upload test (when it's nearly perfect). There's a few pops. But, it's much better than not using QoS.
said by eviljafar:

I mean source IP, not destination IP, the IP of your ATA for example.
I understand now. Giving priority to one port of the router (connected to a dedicated device performing VOIP services) is the same, but less ambiguous as giving priority to one protocol on any computer attached to the router.

Yes, that would be less complicated. Like you said, it's not feasible with MagicJack unless someone's running MJ on a dedicated computer.

I thought you meant using destination IP to avoid using L7 packet inspection. That can be used. Before the fix to the rtp-2 filter I did it that way. I was afraid to recommend it to others because eventually an IP address would change, and hundreds of people would contact MJ support, forgetting they have an IP address hard coded.

For the masses (people who might choose to use Hawking Broadband Booster), the improved L7 filter seems like a good choice. If someone really wants top performance, they could set the destination IP address instead of the L7 filter. I even considered doing that myself. But, like I said, the "CPU Load" on the Tomato UI barely registers 0.03% when I'm on a call.

The L7 guy said something about how the filter is only applied to the first packet (when the connection is opened). When I get time I'll ask him if this means the filter isn't applied to all packets after connections are opened. I.e., if the performance penalty is insignificant.

But, I do know Tomato doesn't apply an L7 filter until other criteria are true (UDP, port range). I asked the Tomato author about that and he said L7 is definitely applied last.

Mark

goixiz1
@comcast.net

goixiz1 to amigo_boy

Anon

to amigo_boy

Does this apply to all VOIP

Does it also apply to VOIP that uses a router provided by Phonepower (linksys router)
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

said by goixiz1 :

Does it also apply to VOIP that uses a router provided by Phonepower (linksys router)
If the router model is supported by Tomato, you could flash it. It doesn't matter where you got it unless the service provider flashed it with something proprietary (I know in Chile the cable companies do that with Motorola cable modems. They neuter the wireless/router part so customers can't get themselves in trouble.). Or, if they charge you $5 a month for "home networking," it could be a problem to flash their router and get in trouble where they wouldn't support you.

Mark

goixiz1
@comcast.net

goixiz1

Anon

the router they provided is (only a router not wireless) connected to the wireless router that has the tomato running (which is a wrt54GL)

i set it up identical to your recommendation (tomato 1.21)
but voice still choppy
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

said by goixiz1 :

i set it up identical to your recommendation (tomato 1.21)
The instructions in the first post of this thread are for Tomato 1.23. That's where the Layer 7 filter for "rtp" was fixed (and is called "rtp-2" until the next version of Tomato when it will pick up the newest Layer 7 libraries, and the new "rtp" filter).

So, you need to flash to 1.23. The "rtp" filter in 1.21 doesn't work.

Or, if you want a quick fix, you can follow the instructions in the how-to above, the part about viewing where the voice-traffic connection is being classified. Get the IP address for the "vms1" server that you connect to during a call. Then, change the classification rule to specify that destination IP address. And disable Layer 7.

That should work for you. But, you have to always remember that you have an IP address hardcoded in your Tomato's configuration. If your voice quality falls apart someday, you have to remember to check if the IP address changed.

Mark
goixiz
join:2008-10-08
Duluth, GA

goixiz

how bout giving ti highest priority to the ATA (Mac Address) of the router for the voip ?
Whats the drawback of that
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

said by goixiz:

how bout giving ti highest priority to the ATA (Mac Address) of the router for the voip ?
Whats the drawback of that
If you're running MJ on a dedicated computer, then yes you can give priority by MAC or IP address of the computer running MJ. But, if it's on a computer you use for other things, you'll either need to upgrade to Tomato 1.23 (and use the temporary rtp-2 filter as described in the how-to), or specify the destination address of the vms1 server where the RTP traffic is going.

Mark
goixiz
join:2008-10-08
Duluth, GA

goixiz

must have deceived you - im not using MJ
im using phonepower with an ATA
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

said by goixiz:

must have deceived you - im not using MJ
im using phonepower with an ATA
Sorry. I misunderstood. Yes, giving priority to the MAC addr of the ATA should work.

Mark
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

HOW-TO MOVED

I have moved this HOW-TO to the wiki: »en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ma ··· w-To/QoS.

Mark

KodiacZiller
Premium Member
join:2008-09-04

KodiacZiller to amigo_boy

Premium Member

to amigo_boy

Re: HOW-TO: QoS and Tomato (fixes "choppy voice")

This tutorial is great for people not on Comcast or Cox. But for those of us on Comcast with powerboost, QOS goes out the window. Our bandwidth hits a spike for the first 50 MB and then decreases. It is almost impossible to QOS this (unless you want to set your router to not allow powerboost, but then you lose all that speed).
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

said by KodiacZiller:

It is almost impossible to QOS this (unless you want to set your router to not allow powerboost, but then you lose all that speed).
Is there any alternative? AFAIK, if a person has a variable-speed network connection and needs a 100% consistent feature like VOIP, they have to use QoS and set their "Max Bandwidth" to the minimum speed they normally get.

Using TCP Vegas (with or without QoS) might help a little. It only affects TCP traffic (MJ is UDP). And, it only affects outbound traffic, not inbound. But, in some cases it might allow greater utilization of available (variable) bandwidth, and prevent TCP traffic from congesting the network, allowing UDP to have the small amount of headroom that's left over. That might be enough if the only UDP running is MJ. If it were combined with QoS, set the "Max Bandwidth" higher (but not to the maximum you may encounter), and set your QoS rules to tone down TCP, giving MJ UDP the advantage, you might find a balance that would let you take advantage of higher bandwidth (when it's available).

I don't see any other alternative. The problem (IMO) is that things like "turbo boost" are gimmicks for personal users, and not consistent with a connection with multiple users (and uses). If you want to use QoS to prioritize and shape traffic for multiple users (and uses) you have to look at the most consistent speed of the connection, not the gimmick that gives you a temporary boost.

Mark
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

Change to QoS port ranges

This morning I noticed MJ opened an RTP/vms1 port above 20000. This affects the how-to. It looks like it should be 10000-30000 now.

See: »www.magicjacksupport.com ··· ml#30426

Mark

shurasama1283
@pldt.net

shurasama1283 to amigo_boy

Anon

to amigo_boy

Re: HOW-TO: QoS and Tomato (fixes "choppy voice")

wow a lot of people are still having problems with magic jack concerning the ports, too bad magic jack is poorly made, here's a link for the common tested udp ports:

»www.moushigo.com/index.p ··· ettings/
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

said by shurasama1283 :

wow a lot of people are still having problems with magic jack concerning the ports, too bad magic jack is poorly made, here's a link for the common tested udp ports:

»www.moushigo.com/index.p ··· ettings/
That web page could be misleading.

See follow-up the same post you made here: »Re: QoS: MJ uses more ports (!!!)

Mark
comanche1313
join:2009-02-18

comanche1313 to amigo_boy

to amigo_boy
Ok guys... not sure what is going on. I have followed everything in the help images above.

I have a tomato 1.23 but it isnt putting anything in highest when i view the graph. Everything is under Unclassified. I have made calls and it is still choppy and even while making the call everything still stays under Unclassified.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

said by comanche1313:

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
The how-to has moved to the wiki: »en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ma ··· S/Tomato

Verify that you followed those steps (which have changed since the original posting here).

If it still doesn't work, take screen shots of all 5 screens and email me at magicjackbs@yahoo.com. (PM me or reply here to let me know you sent them. I don't check mail there unless someone tells me they sent something.).

Mark
comanche1313

comanche1313

I sent you the screen shots as requested. I am sure it is something I am over looking, but I am just not seeing it.

Thanks again for your help.
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

said by comanche1313:

I sent you the screen shots as requested. I am sure it is something I am over looking, but I am just not seeing it.
The configuration looks right. But, in screenshot 4 it appears nothing is being classified. If you browse a web site, does it appear in the QoS graph and/or details as classified "High?" (The screenshot #4 you sent shows the entire pie chart is unclassified.).

Did you "save" the configuration changes?

All I can think is to reboot the router (one of the links in the left-hand navigation pane). Then check all the configuration items to make sure they were really saved. Then restart MJ, and see if it is classified. (Also browse some web sites to see if they are classified).

Mark
comanche1313

comanche1313

just rebooted everything as requested and it still doesnt want put anything as Highest all unclassified.

scratching head man....
amigo_boy

amigo_boy

said by comanche1313:

just rebooted everything as requested and it still doesn't want put anything as Highest all unclassified.
If you confirmed all the settings, and that QoS is enabled in screen #1, and it's not classifying web browsing, then you should go to the Tomato forum at www.linksysinfo.org. It's something specific to your Tomato and/or router.

I wouldn't get into all the MagicJack stuff. Just reset the firmware back to its original values (administration->configuration). Restart, and confirm again that enabling QoS (and restarting again) that web browsing isn't classified to High. If that's true, then ask for help on the linksysinfo site.

Also, when resetting the configuration, I would try the option to "erase all data in NVRAM." That will make sure there aren't values leftover from a previous firmware that may confuse Tomato.

Mark
comanche1313

comanche1313 to amigo_boy

to amigo_boy
Will do....

Thanks again for all your help