spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Authority
join:2000-03-29
Los Angeles, CA

4 edits

Authority

** Time Warner Cable discounts and credits for the asking!

With unprecedented consumer defections clobbering the cable industry in general and Time Warner in particular they're being more aggressive than ever in discounting but only *if* you ASK!

»twitter.com/pseroogy/sta ··· 59927259

»twitter.com/pvandyke/sta ··· 08471364

»twitter.com/nastynick/st ··· 04915788

»twitter.com/stephfierman ··· 74771982

»twitter.com/JadeLily/sta ··· 86813996

Consumers just have to ask, don't be the last person paying full rate - call today, and if the first rep doesn't give you what you want keep calling. As you can see from the above examples, sometimes it takes a little work.

PS They're also issuing credits for the recent outages but again only *if* you ask.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

Thats funny...I called last fall and I felt like I was being treated like a thief for even hinting at a price break.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Authority

Premium Member

to Authority
Of Course as Time Warner is a very regional company with many separate divisions, what may be practice in one area is very different to others. Making blanket statements based on 5 individual twitters over 2 months and possibly scattered across the country is hardly scientific.

All companies may use add ons as a retention tool, FIOS offered me two months of movie premiums as a sorry for missing my 8-12 install.

Hob

Authority
Los Angeles, CA

4 edits

Authority to swintec

to swintec
said by swintec:

Thats funny...I called last fall and I felt like I was being treated like a thief for even hinting at a price break.
Keep calling! As you'll see from the examples above (and there are a lot more) it can sometimes take multiple calls. The examples above are from NC, CA, WI, and NY... it's not ONE region.

You can also reach their national PR people on twitter who are giving out free months like a restaurant gives out mints to try and slow the cancelation avalanche. They've made no secret that their priority on a NATIONAL level is customer retention, and that NATIONAL customer service will trump the regional decision every-time so if you get a "no"... ESCALATE!

Sooner or latter, they will hopefully realize that the cost of hiring and training good people and upgrading their network is actually less than the cost of PR to cover up all the complaints and advertising for new customers.
Expand your moderator at work
Authority

3 edits

Authority

Re: ** Time Warner Cable discounts and credits for the asking!

said by hobgoblin:

"You can also reach their national PR people on twitter who are giving out free months like a restaurant gives out mints to try and slow the cancelation avalanche."

Can we have some examples of that?
Sure - jump on Twitter and search "Time Warner"! Let me help... »search.twitter.com/searc ··· r+credit

You'll see that many if not all the people that complain on Twitter about Time Warner are contacted by their PR staff and given credit. Others are contacted privately.

If you are happy with the service and pricing then don't call, but really, is that ANYONE?

Let us know if it works for you... at the end of they day, you have nothing to loose but a phone call.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"To be fair, Comcast is doing the same thing, but their PR problems aren't as bad."

Yes, Comcast actually never makes the front page of this site at all with any PR problems!

You just destroyed what little credibility you ever had!

Hob

Authority
Los Angeles, CA

2 edits

Authority

As a Time Warner customer for cable (not internet), unhappy with the pricing, customer service, and poor system quality, when I called to cancel I got a "new customer" promotion for 12-months.

The deals are out there, people only have to call and ask... the worst thing they can do is say no... and if they do call and try another rep!

Derwood2
Wherever you go, there you are
Premium Member
join:2003-01-21
Dayton, OH

Derwood2 to Authority

Premium Member

to Authority
I got a similar discout this past week when I called in to Dish Network. They lowered my monthly bill right on the spot. After my programming changes and their price break, I'm saving $20 a month.
Kingcarcas3
join:2006-09-05
Los Angeles, CA

Kingcarcas3 to Authority

to Authority
Worked all the time with Directv because we were customers for over 10 years, didn't think it would be possible with TWC. Eventually they'll get the pinch from FIOS and have to lower their prices, no? Hopefully

Authority
Los Angeles, CA

Authority

Noticed a bunch on Twitter today...

@stephfierman: Go Time Warner Cable: rep gave me a $10/mo discount & a brief break on HBO. Stick to it: made same call 2 days ago & diff rep offered zip!

@frandango: so, i called time warner to CANCEL my service. they counter-offered by discounting my monthly by $22

@pvandyke: Just made Time Warner my bitch - 33% discount on service this month because of slow speeds today.

The deals are there if you take the time to ask. Anyone else try?
qworster
Bryn Mawr, PA

4 edits

qworster to Authority

to Authority
I dumped TW last summer because my promotion ended and I found a better deal with DirecTv and AT&T Dry line DSL.
Actually, my Internet promotion was supposed to last a year and they ended it after six months-then basically called me a liar when I called them on it.

I had digital basic for 30 dollars a month and RR Extreme for 40 dollars a month. When my bill jumped from 72 dollars to 117 dollars I knew it was time to make a change.

I got DirecTv 200 channels with 1 DVR and one HD box for 55 dollars a month and AT&T Dry line 6000/768 DSL for 40 dollars a month.

When I called TW and gave them the chance to keep my business by giving me a deal, the only deal they offered was to lower my internet service to 6000/512 and drop my price by ten dollars a month. When I told them that they weren't giving me any discount over their posted list prices, they told me to "take it or leave it", so I left it.

Even worse, my understanding is that you pay for TW service a month in advance. I cancelled and returned my equipment to their office the day BEFORE my month was done-yet they still tried to bill me another 30 dollars. The CSR at the office had no idea why they were trying to strong arm me for 30 dollars (because she agreed that I was turnimg in my equipment early)-and I fought it until they finally gave up trying to get it. If I find they have dinged my credit in any way, my lawyer will be calling them.

TW Guy
@pacbell.net

TW Guy

Anon

The best thing you can do is play the game and move your service to whoever has the promotion... if that means canceling and switching the account to your husbands name to get the "new customer" deal so be it, they make the rules.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

1 edit

rcdailey to hobgoblin

Premium Member

to hobgoblin
Of course, if one is a TWC customer, Comcast policies are irrelevant since a TWC customer is not in a position to become a Comcast customer by choice, so far as I know. It's like being told constantly how wonderful FiOS is, when it is not available and never will be available to you. I'd rather go window shopping at a Ferrari dealership.

Edit: I suppose a TWC customer could become a Comcast customer by moving to Comcast territory, but in reality, who has the money to move these days just to get "different" cable?

RR User
@rr.com

RR User to Authority

Anon

to Authority
I just managed to get a discount on my service and thought I would share my story.

I live in the Raleigh/Durham area of NC and my TWC triple play consists of Digital cable with HD DVR and HBO, RR standard at 7000/384 and digital phone with voice mail. Up until a few days ago, I was paying $192~$200 a month for the combined services, and keep in mind this price is *without* any movie on demand rentals of any kind. If you read below, you will see how I managed to reduce my bill to $144.

Sadly, I've been paying well over $180 for the three services for about 3 years now, and only just recently, got ticked off when TWC recently raised their rates which pushed my bill to the near $200 mark. I should also add that AT&T-Uverse service has recently come available here a few months ago. Of course I did my research and figured if I switched, I could get as good, if not better service for roughly $140 from AT&T. But what can I say... It's just a hassle to switch, so why not see if TWC can do anything about it.

So I call TWC, and inquire my bill being rather high. The first rep I talked to was quick to offer me their "2 year price lock" promotion which I immediately asked and was confirmed that it's a contract... and I have no desire to be locked down. So I asked him what else he could do, and all he offered was to downgrade to a slower internet package, and of course that's the last thing I would ever want since I think 7000/384 is slow enough as it is. So I canceled the only thing I really had no use for anymore (HBO) which reduced my bill by $11. Following that, I started asking the rep on the phone questions about how the process would go when I decide to call up AT&T to get my phone number switched over so I can cut all service from TWC. Surprisingly, the guy didn't even seem to flinch, and told me that AT&T would nearly take care of everything for me that had to be done if I was switching service. Sure, nobody likes to be haggled with reasons and free extras to keep their service, but this guy seemed to have no care in the world that I was ready to dump them.

The next day, I called TWC back, after I had received an email from them promoting digital phone for $19.95 for 12 months. I figured.... it's probably only for new customers... it's a stretch but why not at least try. Once I got a rep, it was of course confirmed that there was no way I could get this promotion. He did offer me a load of free movie channels, but I said I have no interest in having more. So then I told the guy "I've been a customer for 8 years, paid full price the entire time... AT&T U-verse is a phone call away, is there anything you can possibly do". He told me to hold on the line, as he transferred me to what I'm pretty sure was the customer retention department. From there, they first offered me the same "2 year price lock" promotion... I once again rejected, even though she said it could lower my bill from the mid $180's to roughly $132, and the ETF would be pro-rated and not exceed $150. So after I refused that, she said she would see if there was anything else she could do... and comes back about 2 seconds later saying they have a 1 year promotion which isn't a contract that would lower my bill to $144. Yes! finally! we have reached a middle ground, and she even said a year from now when it goes back up, that I was welcome to call back to re-negotiate another promotion.

So to recap, after dropping HBO, and my 1 year promotion of $144, I'm fairly happy. While I think the price I now pay is "fair" I still feel a bit cheated (have for a long time now) only having 7000/384 for internet. I really don't have any issues with the download speed, but the upload is simply a joke, considering it's 2009, and they offer upload speeds of 1-2 mbps in other area's of the country. Why they haven't done anything to compete with U-verse in speed in my area is beyond me, so I still feel compelled to switch service, even if it's just to get some more upload speed.

If I was to suddenly get or have the option of getting 10/1 or 15/2 from TWC (instead of 10/512 which is lame), I'd be happy, and have no urge at all to switch to U-verse in order to get 10/1.5.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to Authority

to Authority
I have road runner turbo it's slow really really slow should I call them and say that for so long my connection is slow and If I would be able to get any discount for all the problems?

would it work?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by patt2k:

I have road runner turbo it's slow really really slow should I call them and say that for so long my connection is slow and If I would be able to get any discount for all the problems?

would it work?
Have you called and told them before that it is slow?

Hob

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to Authority

Premium Member

to Authority
they do not give them to you as they Lie all the time
Anonymous_

Anonymous_ to RR User

Premium Member

to RR User
said by RR User :

If I was to suddenly get or have the option of getting 10/1 or 15/2 from TWC (instead of 10/512 which is lame), I'd be happy, and have no urge at all to switch to U-verse in order to get 10/1.5.
switch then?
ignorant6
join:2006-03-26

ignorant6

That's the same advice many people have given you.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_

Premium Member

said by ignorant6:

A-B conversion C your way out
ignorant6
join:2006-03-26

ignorant6

said by Anonymous_:

said by ignorant6:

A-B conversion C your way out
What? conversation? It's a public forum,but this is all off topic anyway.

RR User
@rr.com

RR User to Anonymous_

Anon

to Anonymous_
I probably will switch... It's really a matter of me cleaning out the room that has all the TW equipment in it, so I can move my behemoth desk out from the wall so a U-verse installer could get to the outlet.

It took TW a full day to install my original services... I'm guessing something similar for U-verse. It's just a bit of inconvenience to switch all your services from one provider to the other, so I want to be completely sure I want to switch before I call up and set up an install, that's all.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
O yea like 20 times? maybe more!