spc
Search similar:

uniqs

luvhh
@fthcm.org

luvhh

Anon

Remote won't fast forward or reverse but goes to end/beg

I've searched back to February for when I first started having this problem, and saw only one post that seemed somewhat related but gave no answers.

Sporadically, and out of the blue, my remote for my HD Motorola DVR will fast forward all the way to the end of a recorded program when I try to fast forward just a little. Conversely, when it gets to the end and I try to rewind just a little, it immediately goes straight to the beginning.

I have two boxes, and this has happened with both remotes. Both have fresh batteries; the newer remote is more responsive overall, but it still does the skipping straight to the end or beginning thing. So what happens is, the only way to watch the program is to start at the beginning and never try to fast forward OR rewind, or it takes you straight to beginning or end.

I don't think it's the program that's recorded, because it has actually done it on programs which have been watched in their entirety by others in the household, without have this problem. Anyone know what could cause it or have a solution to it? Thanks for any help!
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

The Q

Have you noticed it on one channel more than others? HD or broadcast channels for example? Where city/town/state are you located? I also have experienced this issue, but now I use the skip ahead/skip back 5 minute shortcut (page up/page down buttons on the remote).
gt1racer
join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA

1 edit

gt1racer

This happens on my parent's living room box on my DVR on HD programming especially during Monday Night Raw,Friday night smackdown, House and Cold Case.
beavercable
Premium Member
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR

beavercable to luvhh

Premium Member

to luvhh
Is the problem happening on both dvr's or just one?

AlexE4
join:2006-12-16
Chicago, IL

AlexE4

This happened to me awhile back, maybe a month or 2 ago, then didn't happen at all for awhile.. I figured comcast released a fix. Then it happened to me again, first time I noticed it was 2 nights ago.. so the problem is backkkk
beavercable
Premium Member
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR

beavercable to luvhh

Premium Member

to luvhh
What model hd dvr do you have?

frakky
@netia.com.pl

frakky to luvhh

Anon

to luvhh
»www.vector.com.pl/en/mar ··· tors.php

check it out, i think there you can find an answers;)

luvhh
@fthcm.org

luvhh to beavercable

Anon

to beavercable
I'm the OP, the problem is happening on both DVRs. They are both the latest versions of DVR that Comcast has in Southern Maryland, however I'm not at home to tell you what the models are. They are by Motorola, they are HD, and the hold quite a bit of programming. Last summer I swapped out the models I had for about 3 years for these new models.

It is also happening on HD, digital, and analog recordings.

Frakky, thanks for providing that link, however, I'm not sure what I'm looking for on that web site?
gt1racer
join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA

1 edit

gt1racer to beavercable

to beavercable
My dvr is the Moto HD Dual Tuner DVR DCH 3416 if that helps now it happens in all 4 rooms that has this box.
IGGY9
No Guru Just Here To Help
Premium Member
join:2001-03-30
Chatham, IL

IGGY9 to luvhh

Premium Member

to luvhh
I've seen a similar issue the past few days. I'm in Chatham, IL The box is a Motorola DCT6412 III. In a recent article I didn't mention this problem because it wasn't taking place at the time.

What I had been seeing was a problem with some HD stations having signal issues.

Comcast High Definition signal problems Central Illinois

»iggyz.com/?p=5295
ajax25
join:2003-12-10
Colonia, NJ

ajax25 to luvhh

to luvhh
It does that too on my HD DVR. I'm tired of taking it
in and getting replacements only to continue to have
the same problems. I guess I'll wait till the next
time it crashes and deletes all my content (it's about
time for that to happen again) and then I'll take it
in and get another one. BTW, the last time the one that
I picked up still had movies on it. You would think
that they would at least delete the existing content.
What if it had been adult movies? I suspect they just
pass the bad ones around between people to shut them
up rather than actually trying to fix anyuthing.

SushiSeeker
@bellsouth.net

SushiSeeker to luvhh

Anon

to luvhh
Ok, so I am also having this problem with my MOTO HD DVR. Started a few months ago. Happens alot when I am trying to FF through commercials. Found this thread through a search.

I believe the problem is a FW update. I've had this DVR for many years and have cleary noticed the DVR functioning differently. For example, the speed of the 4 FF/RW speeds has changed over time. I'm pizzed because it cause me to inadvertently delete a program.

JP

GameraFan
join:2003-01-03
Monster Isle

GameraFan to luvhh

to luvhh
This happens to me only on certain shows on my older Moto 6412. One that always does it is The Office HD. I can skip forward in 30 second intervals but fast forwarding is a no-go.