Bamafan2277
Premium Member
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

1 edit

Bamafan2277

Premium Member

[DVR] Menu's and remote commands super slow - Louisville, KY

Why with any Insight DVR are the menu's super slow to respond or the guide. I've had 2 different models and 3 dvr's in my house and all are sluggish to respond to remote commands to the point where you push the button many times and 2 minutes later it finally starts doing all the button pushing you did.

This is especially a big pain when trying to clean off the dvr hard drive of old recordings or going through the guide.

bradrenfro58
@insightbb.com

bradrenfro58

Anon

I had that same problem, that is why I gave up on insight's dvr and got a tivo. I had two different boxes over a year, and even my mom's dvr in lexington has the same problem. Maybe it is a hardware defect in these dvrs..

Cable Tech6
join:2002-02-18
Vincennes, IN

Cable Tech6 to Bamafan2277

to Bamafan2277
What kind of tv is is? I've ran across some calls like that where it is asensor on the tv itself jamming our ir codes from the remote to the dvr. Try these:

1. Look for and see if you can disable the "autoview sensor" on the tv menu. It might be labeled something else depending on the television, but this feature senses the light in the room and automatically adjusts the picture settings.

2. Move the box away from the tv to see if you can find a different location for the remote to work right.

3. If you can't shut it off and moving the box doesn't help, then there is no fix for this as of yet.

RacenutBG
join:2003-02-18
Bowling Green, KY

RacenutBG to Bamafan2277

to Bamafan2277
It not the hardware its the software. For me this problem has been helped greatly with that software update we got a while back.

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium Member
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN

ARGONAUT to Bamafan2277

Premium Member

to Bamafan2277
Have you changed the battery in your remote?
IGGY9
No Guru Just Here To Help
Premium Member
join:2001-03-30
Chatham, IL

IGGY9 to Bamafan2277

Premium Member

to Bamafan2277
It's interesting to me how everyone seems to be blaming the customer here. When in fact it is a known problem with some cable box hardware. The response lag may not be to a remote problem or hardware conflict.

That said our Comcast remote has recently been acting up. But it is easy to tell that it is in fact the remote. The buttons are just plain worn out. But this is easy to determine by touch.

Trying the easy solutions like a battery change first is always wise. But to me the description above sure sounds like a fairly well known hardware issue that has been reported with cable boxes.

I covered that problem with many links to informational resources at the link below. That of course has links to many relevant forum threads that have been posted on this site.

»iggyz.com/?p=6182

Bamafan2277
Premium Member
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

Bamafan2277 to ARGONAUT

Premium Member

to ARGONAUT
New batteries, new remote, new box. All the same issues! Its not me! Even worse here lately. Once a recording finishes it takes about 30 seconds before you have the option to delete the recording.