spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Yetiman
join:2008-02-06
Winnipeg, MB

Yetiman

Updated MTS Info

Previous post was over 90 days old. As such I have to create a new post to share anything relevant.

The speeds that I listed before have become rather useless. May as well reference a updated source list available on the website... 'http://www.mts.ca/hsiwsc/Consumer_HSI.html'

As far as I know the usage threshold listed in the document is not being enforced as of yet.

Primary DNS Server: 142.161.130.155
Secondary DNS Server: 142.161.2.155

Legacy Email Info
»webmail.mts.net
Incoming mail server: pop.mts.net
Port: 110
Incoming secure mail server: pops.mts.net
Port: 995
Outgoing mail server: smtp.mts.net
Port: 25
Outgoing secure mail server: smtps.mts.net
Port: 465
Incoming and outgoing require SSL.
Outgoing mail server requires authentication.
Account name is your full email address.

Windows Live Email Info
»live.mymts.net
Incoming mail server: pop3.live.com
Port: 995
Outgoing mail server: smtp.live.com
Port: 587
Incoming and outgoing require SSL, TLS is preferred if available.
Outgoing mail server requires authentication.
Account name is your full email address.

If you want to transfer your email address over form the legacy platform to the windows live platform go to 'http://www.mts.ca/emailtransition'

Note: once your address has been transferred you will still have your @mts.net address as well as @mymts.net address, however you will only be able to access them through a email client or the live.mymts.net or hotmail.com sites. Not through webmail.mts.net

VikingBob
Go Jets Go!
Premium Member
join:2004-06-05
MB Canada

VikingBob

Premium Member

Thanks for the update!

I've yet to get anywhere near the cap for Lightning, so I'm not worried about that. I just wish the higher speeds were available out here in the Boonies. (Funny, though, a phone rep told me the speed for "Lightning" was 10 MB, not 7. But 6.8 is about the best I can get.)

As for Windows Live, not going to do it, ever. Live is a rebranded Hotmail, and I find it inferior to the regular MTS mail servers. I've an old Hotmail account, and it gives me more connection errors that it should. I'll stick with MTS's POP3 service, as long as they keep it alive.
Yetiman
join:2008-02-06
Winnipeg, MB

Yetiman

I wish for higher speeds as well, but I find that I am rather content for the time being considering the price. I wouldn't want to pay a single cent more for the same speed.

Unfortunately, eventually everybody will be forced over to the Windows Live platform. I have done the transition already, and I agree with you. I get tons of errors in my POP3 client that are resolved by simply restarting it. Never happened on the MTS Email Servers.

Only thing I have found somewhat useful is the ability to use Delta Sync with the Windows Live platform. Wont work for Outlook Express, but...

Microsoft Office Outlook Connector
»office.microsoft.com/en- ··· 033.aspx

Windows Live Mail Client- has built in Delta Sync compatibility, if you are willing to switch email Clients
»download.live.com/wlmail
Derfel
join:2004-06-06
Winnipeg, MB

Derfel to Yetiman

to Yetiman
Wait - so they are pushing caps now? Don't they have to provide a way for us to check our usage to do that?