Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

Comcast iPhone app 2.0 update

Click for full size
Click for full size
Version 2.0 of the Comcast iPhone app has been released today! Grab it now in the iTunes app store!

New features and Enhancements:

Remote DVR support
Push notifications for new email, voice mail and TV show reminders

Enhancements
Inbox - upload attachments, acess to POP/IMAP folders, mark e-mail as spam
Digital Voice - forward voice mail as an attachment
Guide - Filter TV listings based on categories, prime-time and now, reminder management, quick jump navigation bar
Bug Fixes
cypherstream

cypherstream

MVM

You might have to completely uninstall the app, then go into the app store and get it from scratch.

For some reason the "upgrade" would not add the myDVR features. This was also the case for a few other users.

I am trying to schedule Mega Builders on Science HD. I tried both Ch 194 or 872 (both SciHD). Both the 9AM and 9:30AM will not set. I get:

Error

myDVR could not obtain program information for this channel. Please try your request later.

Maybe it will take a few hours to get all the information.
Comcast Guy
join:2008-01-16
Harrisburg, PA

Comcast Guy to cypherstream

to cypherstream
Just updated on my iPod. I did have to uninstall and re-install.

Great feature add with the DVR controls. Very nice!

megahurt
@comcast.com

megahurt to cypherstream

Anon

to cypherstream
Same here. Update doesnt work. Uninstall/reinstall does.

The DVR function is really awsome.
metalsaber1
join:2003-03-08
Slippery Rock, PA

metalsaber1 to cypherstream

to cypherstream
Hopefully we get the myDVR feature in my area. That would be a great feature to have. Updated on my iPhone.

MeaCulpa
@comcast.net

MeaCulpa to cypherstream

Anon

to cypherstream
Guys,
The myDVR icon in the application will not appear until your area (zip code) has the new Comcast guide (they call it A.28) rolled out.

So you may have the DVR service from Comcast, but you won't be able to user Remote DVR from application unless Remote DVR (myDVR Manager) service is fully rolled out.

So, i got form the Forums that this is still being rolled out nationally, and some markets have this feature. When your zip code is enabled you will see a pop-up in the app that myDVR Manager is now available to use.

you can go to www.forums.comcast.net for more information.

I love everything else- Push works fantastic for TV reminders and Voicemails. Looks like there are some issues initially as the app is new.

bigchris
Do Not Shoot The Messenger
Premium Member
join:2002-04-29
Leesburg, VA

1 recommendation

bigchris

Premium Member

Two changes..

»forums.comcast.net for the forums...

and to check if you have mydvr go to

»www.comcast.net/mydvr
bigchris

bigchris

Premium Member

For those that UPGRADE the app but don't see the rDVR feature but DO have it available at their homes, can you tell me if the app asked you to verify your zip after the upgrade?

When you re-install, it'll definitely ask for the zip, but we're interested to know if after an upgrade does it ask.

cribbss
@apid.com

cribbss to cypherstream

Anon

to cypherstream
Just got the 2.0 update. Once installed it keeps chiming to tell me I have 8 new items to view. I open the Comcast app and there are no new items, anywhere. So I close the app. The "8" goes away. Minutes later it chimes with 8 new items, open the app, no new items. Close the app, again the "8" goes away. THis repeats. I open the app turn off Audio Alerts, turn off Push notification, turn off email notification, turn off digital Voice mail notification and turn off TV reminders and close the app.
Minutes later it chimes to remind me I have 8 new items!!!! I guess I just have to delete this app altogether!
Comcast Guy
Harrisburg, PA

Comcast Guy

Mine did that. I went in to look at my DVR scheduled recordings and it went away.

cribbss
@comcast.net

cribbss

Anon

Unfortunately the remote DVR feature is not yet available in my area yet so I cannot access the scheduled DVR feature.

I did try this however. I uninstalled the application and re-downloaded it. I did NOT log in with my name and password yet it still chimed with 8 new items. I went ahead and logged in just now to test it. Still the same thing.

Very strange.
Eddieg
join:2010-02-20
Newtown, PA

Eddieg

Mine is doing this too! So annoying - it woke me up at 4am!!!

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

bigchris
Premium Member
Leesburg, VA

bigchris

Premium Member

Eddie/Cribbss, the errant notifications should be fixed now. Let me know if you see it again either here or in the CC forums.
Chad473
join:2007-12-18
Lancaster, PA

Chad473 to cypherstream

to cypherstream
you had me at remote dvr support. looks like I need to reinstall this one!
LowRider
join:2006-06-23
Dallas, GA

LowRider to cypherstream

to cypherstream
was happy when i saw this on my IPhone. unfortunately its not available in my area yet. good news is there is supposed to be a firmware upgrade to my cable box this week. hopefully that gives the feature
Comcast Guy
Harrisburg, PA

to cypherstream
Still am having no luck getting mine to work with my DVR. Any solutions out there?

bigchris
Premium Member
Leesburg, VA

bigchris to Chad473

Premium Member

to Chad473
Chad, If you are SURE that you have mydvr i.e. you can program it today via a web-browser, before re-installing, just try entering your zip code again in settings. Then select your DIGITAL lineup.

If that still doesn't work, re-install the app.

Let us know.
bigchris

bigchris to LowRider

Premium Member

to LowRider
Lowrider, that's probably the A.28 rollout and if so then yes myDVR will be there very shortly after.
bigchris

bigchris to Comcast Guy

Premium Member

to Comcast Guy
said by Comcast Guy:

Still am having no luck getting mine to work with my DVR. Any solutions out there?
See my earlier note about changing the zip or as a last resort re-install the client.
Chad473
Lancaster, PA

2 edits

Chad473 to Comcast Guy

to Comcast Guy
said by Comcast Guy:

yeah, mine is still trying to synchronize recordings for tonight that I added a few hours ago. I had issues with a scheduling I tried to make a few days ago via the web too. who knows. Is there any sort of reset we can do on the box, short of unplugging? I really don't feel like losing the guide data. Is there some sort of resync?

it did work the first day, but I haven't been successful since then.
Comcast Guy
Harrisburg, PA

to cypherstream
Just re-installed. Works! Great update to the app!
Comcast Guy

to cypherstream
And just to add some positive notes: I scheduled the DVR to record "The CLeveland Show" at 8:28 and it went through and recorded at 8:30.

Nice!

bigchris
Premium Member
Leesburg, VA

bigchris to Comcast Guy

Premium Member

to Comcast Guy
Thanks for letting us know you had to re-install to make it work. Can I just confirm you tried updating your zip in settings first and it didn't work?
Chad473
Lancaster, PA

Chad473

now I can't even schedule from the web. just getting this error. guess I have to reboot the box and hose my guide for the next couple days. great.

Error code: guideworks:-56

The STB: 00000136B787 is unreachable. The message has been logged.

Dav12David12
@stsn.net

Dav12David12 to cypherstream

Anon

to cypherstream
Upgrade did work for me. DVR works like a charm. I can now stick to comcast cable. Great and easy feature. Never thought that my iPhone will be my dvr remote:)

johnpaulson
@comcast.net

johnpaulson to cypherstream

Anon

to cypherstream
awesome comcast.. good to finally see dvr. don't charge me extra for this ). Love the app. I should throw away the slow and stupid remote now.
Comcast Guy
Harrisburg, PA

Comcast Guy to bigchris

to bigchris
said by bigchris:

Thanks for letting us know you had to re-install to make it work. Can I just confirm you tried updating your zip in settings first and it didn't work?
I updated the zip on the first re-install. It automatically asked. Had to update it again on the second re-install.
Chad473
Lancaster, PA

Chad473 to cypherstream

to cypherstream
crossing fingers hoping that mine is working now. did a full reset and reactivation of the service late last night. I tried to set a recording from work this morning that failed, but just now was able to successfully send a scheduled recording for the olympics tonight. It's updated on the myDVR part of the website and on the actual DVR.
Comcast Guy
Harrisburg, PA

to cypherstream
App update available.
Rwatson
join:2001-04-01
Hightstown, NJ

Rwatson to cypherstream

to cypherstream
Downloaded it yesterday, working good so far. Had an issue where a voice mail on CDV would not give a push notification, but after the upgrade seems to be working now.