aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ

aelingil

Premium Member

Cisco DPC3000 Login & Password

I found out that users cannot/do not get the user name & password to log into the cable modem that is in their office.

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I can understand why they may not allow "home" users but it is a shot in the foot when a business is trying to find out what is wrong with their network.

I spent about 40 minutes looking through the internet trying to find a default username / password to no avail.

I'm hoping this will get out to anyone else using this Modem and stop you from trying to find it the log in info. Cox will not give it to you, and they do not care if it loses them business.
Demetrius887
join:2008-07-12
Las Vegas, NV

Demetrius887

There shouldnt be any password to login to the modem page of the modem. It should be at 192.168.100.1 Here is a link to what the page should look like: »/speak ··· bA%3D%3D

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ

aelingil

Premium Member

There is a different front page that i get shot to. I'll have to log into work and take a screen cap of it tomorrow but i thought the same thing i should be able to just pop right into the modem and be good to go..

It is just Cox being overly worried that someone is going to get into the modem and "modify" it so its an open full speed modem, no capping..

I've never seen your page James. That was the info that i was looking to view. (namely the updates to firmware and connections..)
aelingil

aelingil

Premium Member

Click for full size
Forgot i am going to the Ren fair tomorrow, i am going to attach the picture i screen cap'd from work. This is the page i get when i go to 192.168.100.1

I'm giving up on trying to access the modem, i'll just spend the 25 minutes going through cox's wonderful crapy ass phone system and have them waste their time answering my questions.

However, if you have Cox and this modem, and you get to this point.. give up.. you are denied the password

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to aelingil

Premium Member

to aelingil
said by aelingil:

It is just Cox being overly worried that someone is going to get into the modem and "modify" it so its an open full speed modem, no capping.
Modems aren't shelled[anymore] so it wouldn't be possible to change anything.
however by locking down the pages, you'd be forced to believe the lies your service provider is feeding you with!

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ

aelingil

Premium Member

that makes me even more anoyed.

really makes me want to get a T1-T3 and tell Cox to bugger off.

Fubar16
join:2001-02-20
Phoenix, AZ

Fubar16 to aelingil

to aelingil
What other info would you need? That page has all your signal strength...

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

1 edit

1 recommendation

tubbynet to aelingil

MVM

to aelingil
said by aelingil:

really makes me want to get a T1-T3 and tell Cox to bugger off.
besides having the equipment to terminate a ds3, i'd love to see your reaction when you get *that* quote from qwest...

q.

NetAdmin1
CCNA
join:2008-05-22

NetAdmin1 to aelingil

to aelingil
said by aelingil:

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I can understand why they may not allow "home" users but it is a shot in the foot when a business is trying to find out what is wrong with their network.
You shouldn't have to get into the modem's configuration to troubleshoot any network issues if you have a page with the signal readings and the operational status. In reality, there really isn't anything in a modem config that would help you out anyway.

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ

aelingil

Premium Member

It does not show when & if there was any updates from Cox. I wanted to log in to see if they had done any modem updates that could have caused my router to stop working.

The problem i did have was on their end. they started moving some of their subnets and instead of the static ip i have hard coded into everything.. i got some random Dynamic ip address, which no one mentioned to me the 3 times i was talking to Cox on the phone to verify that everything was working.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by aelingil:

It does not show when & if there was any updates from Cox.
neither does any other modem. check your firmware versions - this is the only way any of us know if there are updates.
wanted to log in to see if they had done any modem updates that could have caused my router to stop working.
nope. in your case the two are distinct devices. what affects your modem will not affect any settings on your router. worst case, if you don't pull dhcp, you reboot your modem, router, or both.
The problem i did have was on their end. they started moving some of their subnets and instead of the static ip i have hard coded into everything.. i got some random Dynamic ip address, which no one mentioned to me the 3 times i was talking to Cox on the phone to verify that everything was working.
are you on cox busines service (cbs)? this is the only way that they'll give you a routed cidr block of static ip addresses. otherwise - the problem was on your end because you set your ip as static, when you're really just a dynamic client.

q.

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ

aelingil

Premium Member

No, we pay for a static ip, we have for 2 years now.. they fk'd somthing up when we increased our banwidth from 15/2 to 25/3. I rebooted the Router, modem and servers thinking it was a problem. No, the problem was Cox gave me a Dynamic ip and not the Static ip i have had for 2 years.

Fubar16
join:2001-02-20
Phoenix, AZ

Fubar16

You should just plug your Static IP into your router. If it is set as DHCP it will pull a random IP not your Static...

needforspeed59
Cruise Ship Just Passing Through
join:2001-05-02
La Place, LA

needforspeed59 to aelingil

to aelingil
The problem is identified and solved. No information from the modem would have solved this issue. I say stick a fork in this thread; it's done! (where's the image of roast with a fork in it when you need it.)

CoxTech1
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA

CoxTech1 to aelingil

to aelingil
said by aelingil:

No, we pay for a static ip, we have for 2 years now.. they fk'd somthing up when we increased our banwidth from 15/2 to 25/3. I rebooted the Router, modem and servers thinking it was a problem. No, the problem was Cox gave me a Dynamic ip and not the Static ip i have had for 2 years.
Are you on a business connection? Cox does not offer any up-sell options for static IP addresses on residential accounts.

odog
Minister of internet doohickies
Premium Member
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA

odog

Premium Member

it something was reset and his IP changed then the equipment was not in static mode. Point is.. if you pulled an IP via the dynamic process the equipment had to ask for an IP, something it shouldn't be doing if it is setup statically.