Search similar:

uniqs
bmurm
join:2002-05-14
Pittston, PA

1 edit

bmurm

[STB] volume

I have a cisco rng 150. I cannot set the box to control the volum. When I put the code 993 to have the box control the volum the white volum lines comes up but it does not change the volum I press the mute and nothing happens.Its a Samsung TV. Before with another box I could do it was there a firware update

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

the rng boxes don't allow you to do that for some reason. You have to control the volume through the tv.
jjv124
join:2009-11-21
Hanover, PA

jjv124 to bmurm

to bmurm
RNG 150 is done in a Sa market I believe. In that case make sure you go hit menu twice, go into the audio settings and make sure it's set to variable and not fixed. It should then let you change the volume via the remote
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich to bmurm

to bmurm
Why wouldn't you just prog the remote to do the volume directly thru the TV, which is the preferred way of doing it???
I can't imagine the remote NOT having the correct code for a Samsung TV...

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to bmurm

MVM

to bmurm
The volume control probably only works with the ANALOG audio outputs. If you are using digital outputs, it will not work.
bmurm
join:2002-05-14
Pittston, PA

bmurm

I was able whith another box to do it. I changed the box because it had trouble.
The reason I would have the box control the volum is that I have to have the volum turned up over 50% or higher on my TV to hear the sound.
I have a friend with the same trouble he has a Panasonic 50 inch plasma he was able to do it to until he changed his box.
Yes we are in Sa market.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich

said by bmurm:

The reason I would have the box control the volum is that I have to have the volum turned up over 50% or higher on my TV to hear the sound.
Which makes even LESS sense why you would want to do it thru the box.
The way you are supposed to do it, is to turn the volume up ALL the way on the box & leave it there. THEN, prog the remote to control it thru the TV. You would find it will work WAY better & you'll get better audio quality to boot.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

On the Motorola's, there is a 'Auto' point or something like that on the box's volume bar that is normal line-out volume.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

1 edit

gar187er

said by andyross:

On the Motorola's, there is a 'Auto' point or something like that on the box's volume bar that is normal line-out volume.
not on sa boxes.....crank the box to full volumes, and use the tv...thats the normal way.....

or just set the audio in the menu (hit it twice) to fixed, thats the same

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to bmurm

to bmurm
the rng is one of the few boxes that doesn't have the ability to change the volume on the box. My dcx 3425 you can control the volume on the box and the tv not so with my rng110.

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA

markofmayhem

Premium Member

The rng110 is capable of controlling the level of volume on the analog out connections.