Pensacola, FL

1 edit

MineCoast

Premium Member

Bandwidth Usage Meter

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Interesting.... so when did this happen?

CulDeSac
join:2007-12-01
Chandler, AZ

CulDeSac

Not here in AZ.
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87 to MineCoast

to MineCoast
Not here in virginia either, Must be new. I do know cox has been looking to do this for awhile, and seeing as Comcast has done this also, I'm not surprised cox has follow in there footsteps.

I'm sure this will be slowly rolled out in all there markets, and your market must be one of the first. Thanks for the heads up. Probably be some news regarding this from cox soon, since you have brought this to our attention.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

not in Omaha either

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

Bandwidth Usage Meter FAQ

Click for full size
FAQ.pdf
179,113 bytes

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

1 edit

1 recommendation

BryanInPHX to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast

Re: Bandwidth Usage Meter

So you used 74GB of your allotted 250GB, That's only 30%...

So can you just pay for 30% of your HSI bill??? LOL That would be great.
deadzoned
Premium Member
join:2005-04-13
Cypress, TX

deadzoned to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast
Seems fair to have to offer this if they are going to impose caps - regardless of if they are soft or not.

Metal Head
Premium Member
join:2001-02-15
Escondido, CA

Metal Head to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast
It's not here in San Diego either.
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

Well most likely cox will start using caps to there advanage, as more area's have this feature added. I can say cox is better then comcast. Because all there residential accounts have 250gb max cap, atleast every tier of service from cox has its own caps, and if you can't stay withen them caps, Its time to move up to a business tier of service.

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO
·Comcast XFINITY

jchambers28

Premium Member

said by lilstone87:

Well most likely cox will start using caps to there advanage, as more area's have this feature added. I can say cox is better then comcast. Because all there residential accounts have 250gb max cap, atleast every tier of service from cox has its own caps, and if you can't stay withen them caps, Its time to move up to a business tier of service.
Or find another provider.
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

Well goodluck with that, if you want decent speeds.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

He can get UVERSE, I can't. I'm curious to know what I'm using now..

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO
·Comcast XFINITY

1 edit

jchambers28

Premium Member

said by Rob_:

It would be centurylink but overall if any one who does not like the caps can go with someone els. 250 GB is alot od usage for me.

MarkRH
Premium Member
join:2005-02-08
Edmond, OK

MarkRH to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast
Don't see it in Oklahoma City area yet. I've been running DU Meter since 2007 so it will be interesting to see what Cox thinks my bandwidth use is vs DU Meter's measurement.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet to Rob_

MVM

to Rob_
said by Rob_:

there are free softwares that exist to tell you the usage of a single computer. additionally, if you have a third party firmware compatible router, there are software packages that will poll the device using snmp to obtain usage.

q.

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
said by Rob_:

You're in the Gulf Coast market, according to the article, shouldn't this be available for you right now?

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

said by BillRoland:

said by Rob_:

You're in the Gulf Coast market, according to the article, shouldn't this be available for you right now?
It's limited. I live in West Pensacola and cannot get it where I live, yet my grandparents 5 miles away, also in West Pensacola, is able to get it. Its not in all of northwest Florida, only in select neighborhoods.

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland

Premium Member

said by MineCoast:
said by BillRoland:
said by Rob_:

It's limited. I live in West Pensacola and cannot get it where I live, yet my grandparents 5 miles away, also in West Pensacola, is able to get it. Its not in all of northwest Florida, only in select neighborhoods.
Ok. The article on the front page with the response from Cox suggests its available in the whole market now. Thanks for the clarification.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

2 edits

Rob_

Premium Member

Yea,, he can get it (or so I thought). I'm not in PCOLA. That sucks you can't. If we (gulfcoast) get chewed by TWC, I'm going to scream. Yea, it's centurybleh.. and they are buying out QUEST?? Does this mean maybe Verizon can buy them out totally so we can get FIOS here??? (I know, not happening)

The gulfcoast is served by AT&T and Centurylink.. why? I don't know.

EDIT: and yet..we are the first market to see this, I'm at 120 for the month.. it's amazing what Skype does and watching videos does. »Cox Starts Rolling Out Usage Monitor [16] comments

I'm not a BW hog but, we are trying to get some paranormal teams to here so we can visit the lighthouse and possibly bring tourism to the area if a show on Travel Channel called Ghost Adventures comes here. Would be awesome.

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

said by Rob_:

Yea,, he can get it (or so I thought). I'm not in PCOLA. That sucks you can't. If we (gulfcoast) get chewed by TWC, I'm going to scream. Yea, it's centurybleh.. and they are buying out QUEST?? Does this mean maybe Verizon can buy them out totally so we can get FIOS here??? (I know, not happening)

The gulfcoast is served by AT&T and Centurylink.. why? I don't know.
Don't forget Mediacom, Brighthouse Networks, and Connexion Technologies as well. They are all large providers in this area as well.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

True.. and Knology and Comcast serves Mobile/Panama City also.

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

said by Rob_:

True.. and Knology and Comcast serves Mobile/Panama City also.
Yep. Cox isn't the only one in the game in this area. I'm very happy with my service with Cox. The cable set top boxes could be improved and VoIP cheaper, but overall, it's great.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Click for full size
I'm kinda glad for this because I had my wifi spot open and this is the result: I skype, tweet, upload backups, and watch videos. I doubt what I do equals to what i got here.

(now, it's encrypted)

-Rob

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by Rob_:

upload backups, and watch videos
if you're uploading backups or shows and you watch a lot of flash video -- this is understandable.
as i see it, you're looking at cumulative data -- upload *and* download. 151gb is very reasonable for that depending on your usage.
I had my wifi spot open
though this is really inexcusable.

q.

JeffLA
@cox.net

JeffLA to MineCoast

Anon

to MineCoast
I noticed the meter doesn't update every day. I sometimes I don't see an update for 2 days, then its all there.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28 to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast
I am wondering if they will be doing this nation wide?

ccc1005
join:2003-06-03
US

ccc1005 to MineCoast

to MineCoast
In Northern VA I have a link for the bandwidth meter, but it says the data is unavailable.
XIII
Premium Member
join:2010-06-16
Scottsdale, AZ

XIII to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast
az now has it though you have to go their manually as it doesnt show up as an option yet, probably because its incorrect, mine has me as only using the Internet 5 days for the past month
»myaccount.cox.net/intern ··· sage.cox
m8trix
join:2003-12-24
Chandler, AZ

m8trix to MineCoast

to MineCoast
tool doesnt show up for me
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to MineCoast

to MineCoast
Says unavailable at this time. Still new to Neflix and taking some time off currently. Interested to see if Cox meter matches the usage said in my router.
Come January will go way down as back to no extra time anymore.