spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TelusInquiry
@telus.net

TelusInquiry

Anon

Default WiFi Password for modem?

Yeah, I'd just like to know what's the default password for wifi after I reset my telus modem?
By the way, I don't mean the password that you need to change your internet connection settings when you type in 192.168.1.254, and you type in "admin" as your username and "telus" as your password. I mean the actual wifi password/WEP key when you're trying to connect to the modem wirelessly.
My modem is a Siemens SE567 and I have Telus High Speed Connection.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak

Premium Member

Check the bottom of the modem, there should be a wireless passphrase written on it.

nss_tech
join:2007-07-29
Edmonton AB

nss_tech

said by pfak:

Check the bottom of the modem, there should be a wireless passphrase written on it.

As far as I know only the Actiontec has the default SSID and Key printed on the bottom. If it's a SE567, there is no consistent default wireless key. Only way to find it is to log in to the admin area.

TelusInquiry
@telus.net

TelusInquiry

Anon

Yeah.. But the problem is that I can't login to the admin area without connecting to the modem! I don't have any LAN drivers, and my pc is very heavy [custom built] and hard to carry. Isn't there any default WEP key?

nss_tech
join:2007-07-29
Edmonton AB

nss_tech

The default key for a SE567 varies and is a 26 digit number. Ever consider temporarily moving and connecting the modem to your desktop, setting the wireless key, then reconnecting the modem to the jack where it works? It's far easier to move the modem than a desktop.

TelusInquiry
@telus.net

TelusInquiry

Anon

Ok I did that. But my internet still doesn't work.
When I try to connect wirelessly, it says it has limited or no connectivity. What options do i have to change in the Advanced Settings when you go to 192.168.1.254??

JammerMan79
Premium Member
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

Could be a known issue with the Siemens.... you're connected properly.
Call and ask for an actiontec for a replacement