spc
Search similar:

uniqs
teicher
join:2010-06-30
Raleigh, NC

teicher

getting promotional rates as an existing customer

I've reached my first year anniversary with u-verse internet and my promotional pricing is going to expire. Has anyone had success with getting a second year of promo pricing from AT&T? I'm satisfied with uverse and would rather stick with it than change providers, but TWC is offering $29.95 service and that's $20/mo savings.
snoopytwo
join:2011-01-18
Sacramento, CA

snoopytwo

in the past, i'd just call up their customer service line and tell them i want to cancel. they'd then offer me some new promotional rates wherein i'd get faster speeds at a lower price. this worked the last two years. however, my anniversary date just came up last week and i called them threatening to quit and the woman just said, "okay, sorry to see you go. your service will end on such and such date, etc." i was shocked.

anyway, if you look at their current promotions, they stink. basically, upgrade for $5 off for 3 months! still, you can try calling them and just be honest...tell them your contract is up and you're tempted to switch companies for the lower price and see what they say. good luck.
teicher
join:2010-06-30
Raleigh, NC

teicher

I wouldn't have expected that response either.

I'm planning to go the route of telling the truth about the TWC offer and not threaten to quit.
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb

said by teicher:

:)

I'm planning to go the route of telling the truth about the TWC offer and not threaten to quit.

hahahahaha I did that and an AT&T reps response was "well, they're the cable company and were the phone company..."

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

1 recommendation

MeInDallas to teicher

to teicher
Wow they always give me the new promos here in Texas. I never have a problem getting my bill down here. I hope in the future that doesnt change but I guess you just never know what will happen.
dborja
join:2003-03-02
Concord, CA

dborja to teicher

to teicher
They removed my $20 promo discount after only 6 months so my bill for Internet (12Mbps) and unlimited phone rocketed to $99. After calling and being referred to different numbers four times, the answer was that I had my promo discount but was paying $30 in taxes. My bill was showing $45 for Internet and $40 for phone so I feel I'm getting a runaround for their screwed-up billing system. Now shopping for other providers... So long UVerse!
slckusr
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC

slckusr

Premium Member

said by dborja:

They removed my $20 promo discount after only 6 months so my bill for Internet (12Mbps) and unlimited phone rocketed to $99. After calling and being referred to different numbers four times, the answer was that I had my promo discount but was paying $30 in taxes. My bill was showing $45 for Internet and $40 for phone so I feel I'm getting a runaround for their screwed-up billing system. Now shopping for other providers... So long UVerse!

Im not billed properly for taxes either, not that im complaining ive had enough problems with my uverse account that i dont want to rock the boat.

debit72
join:2004-01-18
Pasadena, CA

debit72 to teicher

to teicher
Just called the retention dept because my 12 months is up also and I got a big hike in my bill ... they said that they can only offer existing customers $5 off each service (voice/internet/tv). After I asked, he specifically said that they are not allowed to offer the promotional rates to existing customers anymore. SAD!

K3
join:2008-05-06
Kankakee, IL

K3 to teicher

to teicher
My promotional rate expired a year ago. Comcast came to the door offering the same package I have for $99/month for the first year, $139.99/month for the second year. I pay $230/month for U300,phone and 24/3 internet plus hd service. I called customer service and got sent to the retention department. They said they can only offer me a single promo of $5 off tv..thats it so I canceled tv and phone, kept the internet because there are no caps on uverse internet yet and I will just spend $8/month for netflix for my tv and download my shows that I will miss. It seems they have no interest in retaining valued customers who pay their bill on time or early every month. They are only interested in gaining new customers or snagging customers from other service providers.