spc
Search similar:

uniqs

preek
@qwest.net

preek

Anon

[AZ] Centurylink DSL internet outage?

anybody else in Arizona having issues with internet from centurylink? Started about this time yesterday evening, I am still able to browse some pages, but seems like larger pages wont load, haven't been able to get into gmail or any site that requires a login. I called them and they said the whole state was having issues, just thought it was weird that I am still able to connect and load 'smaller' webpages.
anitun
join:2013-05-23
Goodyear, AZ

anitun

Also in AZ, experiencing the same issue... haven't been able to log into anything today. Nothing related to Google will load properly or even at all. was on the phone with CL today for a few hours and said one of the DNS servers went down and another call said something about a cable...

Shrinky
@qwest.net

Shrinky to preek

Anon

to preek
YES...I am in Avondale and the internet is spotty at best. The modem and even the ftp connect says all is well, but it is decidedly not. Spent 90 minutes with off shore tech support to no avail. She told me there were no outages. Called back when internet still wouldn't work and was told there were issues

bubbagump
@qwest.net

bubbagump to preek

Anon

to preek
I cannot connect to any secure sites; gmail, banking, etc or to my work VPN. I called support and yes, they are having an issue around the Phoenix area. I have a feeling someone forgot to register some certs.

preek
@qwest.net

preek to anitun

Anon

to anitun
thanks for the reply, downdetector lists a lot of recent reports from az, but I still thought it was strange being able to browse some sites when they told me AZ had an 'outage'. I don't really know anything about networky stuff, but from reading around the net a lot of what I've found keeps leading to something wrong with DNS(whatever that is, lol) Hopefully they get us straightened out soon =)

bob123
@cox.net

bob123 to preek

Anon

to preek
Yes. I have the exact same issue. Called tech support multiple times. They have been giving me a run around saying that it is my DSL modem issue/my router issue etc. They were saying because some sites are working it is not the problem with their network. The issue started last night in Metro Phoenix.
overhere
join:2012-12-19
Phoenix, AZ

overhere to preek

to preek
Yes and it was odd in that it only seemed to be https sites such as almost everything associated with Google and my bank. I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out if it had something to do with the update I just did on my firewall software. Anyway, this morning I had to reboot my router but now everything seems to be fine--fingers crossed.

bubbagump
@qwest.net

bubbagump to preek

Anon

to preek
My modem was disconnected this morning from my ISP. After a reboot, I was back online. Secured sites and VPN are working. This is the first time in 5 years I had a problem with Qwest/Centurylink.
anitun
join:2013-05-23
Goodyear, AZ

anitun to preek

to preek
Restarted modem/router around 7am this morning and everything is now back to normal.

It seems there were a lot of outages this month with CenturyLink??