TSI Support
ISP Employee
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

TSI Outages

ISP Employee

[Outages] Outages Report 19/08/2013 21h50

Hello,

Please be advised that we are currently experiencing slow speeds for all of our customers on all of aggregated Rogers POIs. This will effect most of our customers in the Greater Toronto area. We are working with our vendor to resolve these issues as soon as possible.

We are currently experiencing the following outages for cable internet:
RF Signal 1000 dupont (Toronto)
RF Signal 330 Bloor (Toronto)
RF Signal 35 Scarlett (Toronto)

We appreciate your patience while we work on resolving the issues.

Best Regards,
Martin

Slowatpia
@teksavvy.com

Slowatpia

Anon

Thanks. At least i know you are aware of the sudden speed reduction that started with the atpia "upgrade".

Hope they resolve it soon. Netflix youtube nothing is usable at rush hour.

Ottawa st laurent

Pir8pete
join:2003-09-05
Ottawa

Pir8pete to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
here on the Ottawa st laurent POI and very slow
Jeffico800
join:2013-08-19
canada

Jeffico800 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
I'm not in Toronto and experiencing a very slow speed problem. Just started this evening. I'm in the uplands region in Ottawa.
xetrog
join:2010-06-10

xetrog to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
My speeds had been terrible all night, but it looks like it's getting better now! In downtown Toronto on aggregated.

Optional
join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON

Optional to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Speeds are back up, does it mean rogers fixed the problem or did people just go to bed?

mr_kaligari
join:2008-08-02
Toronto, ON

mr_kaligari

Not for me. 5Mbps download in downtown Toronto.

kingwest
@rogers.com

kingwest

Anon

Or simply NO internet Toronto.. going on 6 days now. What happened to the thread about this,, was it deleted?
qwerty123z
join:2011-09-04
canada

qwerty123z to Pir8pete

to Pir8pete
fallowfield poi is also very slow in ottawa.

RKN
@wind.ca

RKN to TSI Outages

Anon

to TSI Outages
I was out of town until Sunday afternoon, so I'm not sure when it started, but I've had NO internet connectivity since then... can't connect at all. I'm in the Dupont/Dufferin area. Is there any time estimate on when this will get resolved? Just an approximate guess would be nice... are we talking hours? days? A week? 2 weeks?

Bweb
@rogers.com

Bweb

Anon

Still no internet at all here at Ossington/Dupont. 8 days now. I've had TS open a ticket with Rogers and escalate it. I've given 6 days of availability and was told Rogers would call me. No call. Very upset. Is there any explanation or timeframe for the complete lack of service?
Bweb

Bweb

Anon

Update on the above: internet back up, running smoothly at Dupont/Ossington. Thanks TSI!!

RKN
@wind.ca

RKN

Anon

Still out for me, and I'm between Ossington and Dufferin near Dupont. I haven't opened an official ticket with Rogers (technically my landlord is responsible for the internet), do you think that's why you finally got yours back?

loglive
@telus.com

loglive

Anon

No internet connection in Oak Ridges - Richmond Hill - Aug 20 around 3pm, area not mentioned in the announcement, I guess it's Rogers Newkirk

joshmm
@rogers.com

joshmm

Anon

Still down in liberty village...

kingwest
@rogers.com

kingwest

Anon

August 21st 1 am still no internet.. 7 days now?
king and bathurst.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Please advise status of RF Signal 35 Scarlett (Toronto) issue. Asking on behalf of my bro.

Thx

mr_kaligari
join:2008-08-02
Toronto, ON

mr_kaligari to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
So in my case, download speed is back to normal, but now my upload speed is at 0.2Mbps instead of 1Mbps. :-/

joshmm
@rogers.com

joshmm to AkFubar

Anon

to AkFubar
Just called in to check on scarlett POI - seems to be the worst affected... 48 hours was the suggested fix time.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar

said by joshmm :

Just called in to check on scarlett POI - seems to be the worst affected... 48 hours was the suggested fix time.

Jeeze OK thanks. That would put the down time to about 1 week. Not great but what can you do really. It depends on Rogers.
kingwest
join:2013-08-21
Toronto, ON

kingwest to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Aug 21, 11:30 Am, still down!

DuffBloor
@utoronto.ca

DuffBloor

Anon

Ours went out last night. Crazily it coincided with changing internet routers (although the new one is brand new). Changed back to the old setup and still nothing. tried again before work this morning...nothing...come on Rogers/Teksavvy SORT IT OUT!!
AtomicVGZ
join:2011-10-03
Orleans, ON

AtomicVGZ to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
On in the 28/1 package in Orleans, and the US light on my DCM475 has been flashing for the past 2-3 weeks.

Going to assume there is still a problem with the recent upgrades.

loglive
@teksavvy.com

loglive to loglive

Anon

to loglive
said by loglive :

No internet connection in Oak Ridges - Richmond Hill - Aug 20 around 3pm, area not mentioned in the announcement, I guess it's Rogers Newkirk

Sorry, it wasn't teksavvy, it was my router with it's OpenDNS live parental controls... everything back up after setting up DNS from ISP. However, I need to block all the junk so I set it up back on opendns and it's working fine for now.
kingwest
join:2013-08-21
Toronto, ON

kingwest

Aug 22nd, 1:00 am. Still down. Still... still!

RKN
@wind.ca

RKN

Anon

Still out in the Dupont/Dufferin area too.

DuffBloor
@utoronto.ca

DuffBloor

Anon

Still out in bloor dufferin area (Gladstone st)...

are we going to be reimbursed for this? People didn't pay for milk when the milkman didn't deliver!!

JennyW
@brunico.com

JennyW to TSI Outages

Anon

to TSI Outages
Mississauga, Lakeshore & Silver Birch (Clarkson area), 13 days without Internet. Haven't seen any one doing any work in the neighbourhood in the past 2 weeks although the customer service was telling me that they are replacing cable due to the flood damage.
Expand your moderator at work