spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RonM6
join:2013-05-02
Madison, AL

RonM6

Online TV

I was informed via e-mail a couple of weeks ago that the Online TV ("Watch" TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, etc) websites/apps would be available to WOW! customers starting Sept. 11th. Then via phone call I was informed that they had been delayed to today (Sept. 17th). I tried to log into one of these (Cartoon Network's app under "Live TV" and was unable to access it via my Knology/WOW! username & password. Has this service been delayed again?

AlexE4
join:2006-12-16
Chicago, IL

AlexE4

Although I didn't hear about this, I was able to login to TNT and cartoon Networ using my WOW login and watch the live streams as a test... confirmed working here in Chicago using my account!
RonM6
Madison, AL

RonM6

Well, all I know is that I received an e-mail (apparently sent out to all Knology/WOW! customers) that said the "Watch TV Anytime Online" feature would be available on September 11th. And now it is September 17th (almost one week later) and I am still unable to access the online "Watch TV" feature!

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22

Us Knology users got screwed it seems. WOW posted on their facebook page that the upgrade hit a "speedbump" (their words), and it was rolled back. It did screw up the online stuff. I could not login for 3 days to my account to pay my bill, 404 errors and redirects back to the WOW login page (which would not accept my knology info).

I finally got in to pay bill but still hit 404 error pages. Nothing now on the knology.net home page located here: »home.knology.net/

They removed the info about the upcoming upgrades.

Have they WOWwed you as much as me?! WOW (shakes head)
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Body Count to RonM6

to RonM6
Is this an android app or a webpage?
baess
join:2011-01-28

1 edit

baess to RonM6

to RonM6
I was just on my WOW email account and no such email for me.

I can log in to CN and probably all the others...if I only knew what they were.

edit: I should spend more time looking at what WOW offers.

»www.wowway.com/our-produ ··· nline-tv

gsw
@knology.net

gsw

Anon

My daughter was trying to watch the CN app on her Nook and it won't accept our login. Is this related?

stet
Volitar Prime
join:2002-03-08
Utica, MI

stet to RonM6

to RonM6
Thanks for posting this as I never received any email or other notification from WOW and would otherwise not have known that these were added. I have use HBO Go for a while now and love it and have been waiting for more streaming services to work with WOW.

I tried the following ones which all worked for me:

CN Video
A&E
Watch TBS
History (also includes H2 in the same app)
USA Now
watch [adult swim]
Watch TNT

I could not find the SyFy app. I also hope that this means that we will get the Starz one soon.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to RonM6

Premium Member

to RonM6
WOW! has had this service for a few years, but the Knology/WOW! side did not. This upgrade was for all previously Knology areas to get them the service as well. I unfortunately do not know the status of what is going on with that at this time.
boopin
join:2011-08-25
Pickerington, OH

boopin

said by Just_Dan:

WOW! has had this service for a few years, but the Knology/WOW! side did not. This upgrade was for all previously Knology areas to get them the service as well. I unfortunately do not know the status of what is going on with that at this time.

WatchESPN ever going to happen with WOW?

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by boopin:

said by Just_Dan:

WatchESPN ever going to happen with WOW?

We had ESPN3 for a few years, which I thought became WatchESPN, unless WatchESPN is something different. We're listed on this site as a provider for ESPN3. »espn.go.com/watchespn/affList

vasdf
@rr.com

vasdf

Anon

ESPN3 is an online only channel.

WatchESPN lets you watch the various other ESPN channels online live (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc)
Body Count
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
said by Just_Dan:

We had ESPN3 for a few years, which I thought became WatchESPN, unless WatchESPN is something different. We're listed on this site as a provider for ESPN3. »espn.go.com/watchespn/affList

ESPN3 and WatchESPN are two different services.

We still have ESPN3 but it's basically useless. All the games I want to watch are blacked out because it's showing on ESPN on cable.

WatchESPN kind of mirrors what is showing on the cable channel. Games are not blacked out.

WatchESPN > ESPN3

We all want WatchESPN. At least I want it because then I can watch games at work or when I'm out of town. The only games that I can watch on ESPN3 are from teams nowhere near the midwest... which I do not care about watching in the first place.
RonM6
Madison, AL

RonM6

Apparently the online TV services are available now. I had to go through a quick e-mail validation that "moved" my account from the old MyKnology over to WOW! Account manager. I'll have to try them out this evening.
devolved
join:2012-07-11
Rapid City, SD
Ooma Telo

devolved to RonM6

to RonM6
ESPN3 and "Watch ESPN" are two different things.

"Watch ESPN" is a service that simulcasts ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, ESPN Deportes, Longhorn Network, ESPN Goal Line, and ESPN Buzzer Beater to select providers, and is the exclusive platform for ESPN3 broadcasts. ESPN3 is just a virtual channel, available online only.
devolved

devolved to Body Count

to Body Count
If you're out of town and watching on a provider that doesn't have Watch ESPN, you won't have access to Watch ESPN.

Watch ESPN works at my sister's house and she's on Charter in Wisconsin.
Body Count
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

said by devolved:

If you're out of town and watching on a provider that doesn't have Watch ESPN, you won't have access to Watch ESPN.

Watch ESPN works at my sister's house and she's on Charter in Wisconsin.

Actually not true. If you have an ESPN member account (which is free to sign up), you can link your WOW cable provider access to it and then sign into that anywhere in the world and you'll have all the access as if you were at home. It's free to do.

But to link it you must be on the WOW internet. I tried to link it at with my work internet and it wouldn't let me. Came home and could do it.

This is for ESPN3 access by the way since we don't have WatchESPN access .. yet
OldEE
Premium Member
join:2002-08-25
Westerville, OH

OldEE to Just_Dan

Premium Member

to Just_Dan
When trying to sign up for watchEspn, the drop down list of providers does not include WOW barring my sign up in my WOW home. ???
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess

said by OldEE:

When trying to sign up for watchEspn, the drop down list of providers does not include WOW barring my sign up in my WOW home. ???

Ummm, that's the point. WOW is not an authorized provider for WatchESPN.

They should be. At one point I had someone at WOW looking in to it but no responses to my queries anymore.
OldEE
Premium Member
join:2002-08-25
Westerville, OH

OldEE

Premium Member

I agree. Comment for Dan

Inflex
join:2002-09-05

Inflex to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
said by Just_Dan:

WOW! has had this service for a few years, but the Knology/WOW! side did not.

Jeez, I never knew this.
garfield
join:2011-03-12
Columbus, GA

garfield to RonM6

to RonM6
Am I mistaken or is the Online TV only applicable for cable TV users and not for us cord-cutters? And only for those cable TV channels in your paid package?

koilkeith
@knology.net

koilkeith

Anon

I finally was able to login to the new WOW today instead of using the Knology login. So, I was excited to try out my new Online TV. First I tried NBC Sports Extra. It let me get through the login (much further than before) and then gave me a "Thing API exception: user must reauthenticate" message. I tried on my phone, and it said that my WOW account did not have permissions. So, then I tried HBO GO...same exact message when I logged in using my new WOW login. Seems like they still haven't migrated our accounts to allow us permission to these online tv sites. I get both NBC Sports and HBO in my package....so I should get these (finally...it has been months since they took over for Knology). I am frustrated to say the least.....

Anyone else having this issue as well?
koilkeith

koilkeith

Anon

said by Anon80:

I finally was able to login to the new WOW today instead of using the Knology login. So, I was excited to try out my new Online TV. First I tried NBC Sports Extra. It let me get through the login (much further than before) and then gave me a "Thing API exception: user must reauthenticate" message. I tried on my phone, and it said that my WOW account did not have permissions. So, then I tried HBO GO...same exact message when I logged in using my new WOW login. Seems like they still haven't migrated our accounts to allow us permission to these online tv sites. I get both NBC Sports and HBO in my package....so I should get these (finally...it has been months since they took over for Knology). I am frustrated to say the least.....

Anyone else having this issue as well?

"Thin API exception: user must reauthenticate" - sorry for the typo
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11 to RonM6

to RonM6
I noticed WatchESPN is now available as a Roku channel. I added it, but WOW isn't listed as cable provider when I try to use the channel. So does anyone have an update on WOW & WatchESPN? I would love to watch the non-televised games on my Roku, rather than on my PC via ESPN3.
Body Count
Columbus, OH

Body Count

I doubt WOW will add WatchESPN anytime soon. They still think ESPN3 is working perfectly.

Hell they haven't added Starz Play yet even though they give away Starz to the highest tier subscribers.