spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gapmn
join:2013-11-10
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn

Technicolor C2000t

I picked up a used (1 month old) CL Technicolor C2000t modem a few days ago. So far are really like it. It has the same basic GUI as most other CL branded modems, yet has some variations that I like. I used to get around 15000 FECs and maybe 25 CRC errors per day using a Q1000z (I never noticed any problems related to these errors). The C2000t has been averaging 90 FECs and 0 CRC errors per day (got to like that). It says my loop length is around 300 feet longer than the Q1000z stated. Both the Q1000z and C2000t are extremely stable (never any dropped connections) I have the C2000t bridged to an ASUS RT-N66U because the the WIFI speeds are considerable faster. So far it looks like the accolades the C2000t has been receiving are warranted. My current connection is a single line 40/5 VDSL (no bonding or Prism TV).
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152

as i've said over and over again on here, it's by far the best modem CenturyLink issues, and has issued to date.

Mine has been rock solid for over a year now
ArizonaSteve
join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve

I've not seen any Technicolor models yet, do you only get that if you sign up for Prism?
gapmn
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn

I believe so.

dondude
join:2005-09-15
Lehigh Acres, FL

dondude

Prism installed on ADSL2+ and have a technicolor 2000t. Hoping VDSL makes an apparence here in Ft. Myers Florida. Fingers crossed.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby to gapmn

to gapmn
You get this in non-Prism areas too, I have one.
brugar
join:2002-09-16
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

brugar

Technicolor C2000T users may want to install a recent firmware update: CTH003-4.12.0.100.bin

Download from »internethelp.centurylink ··· nethelp/
gapmn
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn

I upgraded to .100 F/W yesterday. No problems so far.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby to brugar

to brugar
»internethelp.centurylink ··· are.html
brad152
Chicago, IL

brad152 to gapmn

to gapmn
I did it a few weeks ago, and the only thing i notice now is the GUI stops responding to requests after about 48hrs, and i now have to reboot the modem to get into it.

Not a big deal since i've decided to do a separate 5GHz router now anyway since i can see 52 WiFi networks in 2.4GHz at my kitchen table.
brugar
join:2002-09-16
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

1 edit

brugar

I pull modem operation statistics from my C2000T modem via its telnet port every two minutes for the DSLstats utility without problems. I rarely access the modem's GUI interface, but I had no problem accessing the GUI interface just now after 9+ days on the .100 firmware.

I operate the modem in (single line ADSL2+) bridged mode because I participate the the FCC/SamKnows ISP monitoring program.
gapmn
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn to brad152

to brad152
I have not had any GUI access problems with the .100 F/W either.
gapmn

gapmn

Here is a C2000t for-sale if anyone is interested. He said he would be willing to ship it. I would only pay with PayPal if it was me.

»seattle.craigslist.org/s ··· 065.html
jcims
join:2008-07-07
Marysville, OH

jcims to gapmn

to gapmn
Does anyone in here know how to report bugs with the firmware? There's a gui bug in the WAN configuration page. If you configure it for transparent mode, you can't switch back. It throws a javascript error and you need to do a hard reset or reverse engineer the form post.
OOMJR
join:2011-02-09
Fort Wayne, IN

OOMJR to gapmn

to gapmn
Anyone have a manual for this unit? I wanted to verify many things and get the specs...

Also, if anyone else is using this unit.. is it normal for the internet light to frequently keep blinked 24/7. Most other modems only showed the internet light blinking when the unit is using wan.
Stunty
join:2013-09-16
Littleton, CO

Stunty to gapmn

to gapmn
Internet LED will blink as long as you Internet traffic.
Most of the useful information on the C2000T are here : »internethelp.centurylink ··· pon.html
Datasheet : »internethelp.centurylink ··· 000t.pdf
Other information can be found on the GUI of the device (CPU etc...)
What are you looking for in term of specification for the C2000T ?
PS: I sent you a private message.
OOMJR
Fort Wayne, IN

OOMJR to gapmn

to gapmn
The datasheet helps. Just trying to get some specs on the modem and what features it has.

Thank you for the post!
OOMJR

OOMJR to gapmn

to gapmn
Anyone know what chipset the C2000t uses?
Stunty
Littleton, CO

Stunty to gapmn

to gapmn
It's a Broadcom 63168 (same applies to C2000A).
You can do :
ADSL 1/2/2+ & VDSL2 (8a, 8b, 8c, 8d, 12a, 12b, 17a)
VDSL2 bonding up to 17a on 2nd AFE
OOMJR
Fort Wayne, IN

OOMJR to gapmn

to gapmn
So do you think forcing Snr would be possible? Through telnet or software? Seems like a good modem to slap some 3rd party firmware on
Stunty
Littleton, CO

Stunty to gapmn

to gapmn
I don't think you can do any modification to the software itself, most of the things you can play with are on the GUI. The CLI is very limited.
What kind of 3rd party software are you talking about ?
OOMJR
Fort Wayne, IN

OOMJR to gapmn

to gapmn
Maybe openwrt. I saw that chips was supported but nothing on the modem itself.
OOMJR

OOMJR to gapmn

to gapmn
Question for you c2000t peeps... by default my nat is enabled and nothing else. I'm getting things like for example:

Intrusion -> IN=atm8 OUT= SRC=173.194.46.122 DST=67.236.***.*** PROTO=TCP SPT=443 DPT=43589

In my system log.

Are these ips actually accessing anything? Are they just echo pings?

Should I enable any other features in the ipv4 firewall from the default.
Ipv4 settings:
Currently stealth is off.
All private IP Adresses
Low
All boxes checked.

Nat Enabled

Any help would be great.

Thanks
OOMJR

OOMJR to gapmn

to gapmn
Click for full size
Here's my overall settings
Stunty
Littleton, CO

1 recommendation

Stunty to gapmn

to gapmn
Unless you have solicited the connection, the firewall will drop this attempt. No worries.
Nat should stay enabled.
You probably see a lot of port scanning attempt so don't worry too much about those.
brad152
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

brad152 to OOMJR

to OOMJR
said by OOMJR:

Question for you c2000t peeps... by default my nat is enabled and nothing else. I'm getting things like for example:

Intrusion -> IN=atm8 OUT= SRC=173.194.46.122 DST=67.236.***.*** PROTO=TCP SPT=443 DPT=43589

In my system log.

Are these ips actually accessing anything? Are they just echo pings?

Should I enable any other features in the ipv4 firewall from the default.
Ipv4 settings:
Currently stealth is off.
All private IP Adresses
Low
All boxes checked.

Nat Enabled

Any help would be great.

Thanks

If i look at mine, those are in there by the hundreds (especially since i have a Static IP), the router just simply doesnt respond to those, so do not worry about it.
stingray71
join:2014-04-28

stingray71

Same here.