Search similar:

uniqs

bhan261
join:2001-02-12
New York, NY

bhan261 to Photoman15

to Photoman15

Re: New Me-TV affiliate in NYC is on the air

Didn't the CT signal always identify themselves on-air as ME-TV NY? I believe the channel 3 signal uses ME-TV NJ/NY as their on-air ID.

charliewatts
join:2013-04-10

charliewatts to ansky

to ansky
Tonight's ME TV channel 19 programming is different from what the guide is showing,

So are we watching channel 3, or did WZME change their feed? I can't see the on screen top-of-the-hour id.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

MeTV Wilmington/Philadelphia is showing "The Incredible Shrinking Man" tonight.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to charliewatts

to charliewatts
said by charliewatts:

Tonight's ME TV channel 19 programming is different from what the guide is showing,

So are we watching channel 3, or did WZME change their feed? I can't see the on screen top-of-the-hour id.

The guide info for channel 19 is correct. The Incredible Shrinking Man is on. It's airing on both WJLP and WZME (I just flipped between the two channels). You can tell the difference because WZME has the "Me TV New York" bug, and WJLP has the "Me TV New Jersey/New York" bug. I did notice they air different commercials.
lee7n
join:2012-11-05

lee7n to ansky

to ansky
Crickets

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to charliewatts

Premium Member

to charliewatts
said by charliewatts:

The top of the hour ID says WZME Bridgeport/New York

charliewatts

charliewatts to ansky

to ansky
Svengooli played at 10pm,. NOT the Incredible Shrinking Man on 19. and it was not in the guide.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by charliewatts:

Svengooli played at 10pm,. NOT the Incredible Shrinking Man on 19. and it was not in the guide.

I don't know what was on at 10pm but when I tuned in a little after 11pm the Shrinking Man was on and that's what the guide said. Regardless, it was WZME on channel 19 and not WJLP (you can always tell by what the "bug" says in the bottom right corner of the screen).

charliewatts

charliewatts to ansky

to ansky
i hear that 3/503 was added to VHO5 this morning. Just in time for the img update scheduled for tonight. I trust their engineers will fix the sound so it doesn't sound like an AM transistor radio from 1963? Also what's with the picture size on the 503 HD side. Will the picture format be correct with the regular ME TV programming?

Another side question, does the new CBS/Weigel channel 'Decades' which is going to air on channel 2.2 going to hurt ME? Hell, Weigel has fingers in both. Ans both carry vintage tv shows. Of course ME TV NY/NJ does now have a great channel locale, and Verizon may decide not to carry Decades.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

I saw nothing wrong with the picture size on the HD channel, they were showing SD programming, so it doesn't fill the screen if that's what you mean. There are already a slew of subchannels carrying old TV shows, Verizon may pick up Decades and put it in the Local Plus area with the rest of them when they sign on.
flatron
join:2014-02-27

flatron to ansky

to ansky
WJLP (i.e. the new Me-TV affiliate) is cropping the 4:3 image from Me-TV to 14:9 (half way between 4:3 and 16:9) to reduce the size of the black bars on the side. However, this means that the top and bottom of the image are lost. It's worse on channel 3 than 503, as that is a 4:3 crop of the HD feed, which means image is lost from left, right, top and bottom. WZME, on channel 19, however, is showing the whole 4:3 image without cropping.

MeatChicken
join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken to ansky

to ansky
Anyoe able to check if it's up in VHO 7?

PirateJim
Premium Member
join:2007-07-11
Toms River, NJ

PirateJim

Premium Member

.. Not in VHO7 yet .. Maybe tomorrow ? ..
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

FIOS4cable to ansky

to ansky
Any reason why in VHO5 NYC we need the same channel twice 503 and 19 ?

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

We don't, it's a total waste. I don't know what the big deal was over this new station in NJ. Doesn't NJ & NY already have enough TV stations? Now we get a new one with duplicate programming.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
said by FIOS4cable:

1) WZME and WJLP both have "must carry" status in NYC, so Verizon has to carry both channels.

2) WZME pre-empts much of the Me TV network programs with infomercials and religious programming. So people who are a fan of this network will see additional Me TV programming on WJLP (particularly late nights and weekends).

3) People in Philly have reported that the Me TV affiliate down there (same owners as WJLP) have added some local programming. So we may see that eventually on WJLP.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by ansky:

2) WZME pre-empts much of the Me TV network programs with infomercials and religious programming. So people who are a fan of this network will see additional Me TV programming on WJLP (particularly late nights and weekends).

WRONG! This morning WJLP had nothing but infommercials while WZME had ME TV programming on.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by matcarl:

said by ansky:

WRONG! This morning WJLP had nothing but infommercials while WZME had ME TV programming on.

Sunday morning WZME was airing a bible show. I switched to WJLP and they were showing Me TV programming. So it's good that we have 2 options

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

I guess so, unfortunately both options suck
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
We have it here in my area. Both Baltimore and DC stations carry it.
They do both have times where they pre-empt for other shows (Balt has Ravens shows during football season).

charliewatts

charliewatts to ansky

to ansky
What's with all the digital artifacts on 503? Looks like static all over the right black band. Very annoying.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by charliewatts:

What's with all the digital artifacts on 503? Looks like static all over the right black band. Very annoying.

I noticed that OTA too. Must be a problem at the source.

MeatChicken
Paramus, NJ

2 edits

MeatChicken to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
said by FIOS4cable:

There not the "same channel" .. just affiliated with the same network ... Similar to WLIW & WNET ect ...
each channel has, or will have slightly different scedhules and local studios for local based programs ...

** . & the 'rumor' has been that the HD feed of WJLP will eventuall become a sister network (ME HD ) that concentrates on showing old shows that have been remastered into HD from the original film ( Hogan's heroes , Old Hawaii 5-0, ect ) ... Hopefully that rumor comes true ...
The old "Lost in Space" has recentlty been remastered very well in HD, & looks good in 16:9 thanks to extra unseen image space on the scene frames although never shown yet..
Here's a collection of original HD test conversions, including tests of both aspect ratios full screen, as well as and various side-by-sides & split screens ect:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 1MAqktMc

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

I'm shocked that after two days ch 3 & 503 are both still not in the guide. Somebody goofed. These channels can't be recorded until they are there.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

Still not available in VHO7.
ansky

ansky to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

I'm shocked that after two days ch 3 & 503 are both still not in the guide. Somebody goofed. These channels can't be recorded until they are there.

I guess it's asking too much to have them add a new channel and do an IMG update in the same week
ansky

ansky

Apparently the FCC is requiring WJLP to move to virtual channel 33 due to objections from WFSB in Hartford and KYW in Philly that both operate on virtual channel 3. I wonder if Verizon added this station prematurely and that's why it's not showing in the guide yet.

»apps.fcc.gov/edocs_publi ··· 28A1.pdf

MeatChicken
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken

said by ansky:

Apparently the FCC is requiring WJLP to move to virtual channel 33 due to objections from WFSB in Hartford and KYW in Philly that both operate on virtual channel 3. I wonder if Verizon added this station prematurely and that's why it's not showing in the guide yet.

»apps.fcc.gov/edocs_publi ··· 28A1.pdf

The move is at least for the moment "temporary" while they formally decide on WJLP's petition for OTA virtual channel 3.10 ... since the CT area ch 3.1 station objected, the FCC has apparently given RF Ch 3 WJLP " Virtual ch33 without prejudice" until the PSIP OTA ID matter is decided ....
** This should have no effect on Cable carriers, as , for example on Cablvision, Ch 3 / 503 is ION WPXN ( Ch 31), which Fios carries on Ch 31/531, So Fios & other NYC area cable co's that aren't using CH3 should put the new RF 3 on Ch 3...

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to ansky

to ansky
This is good. My SD-OTA box picked up 3-10 but my LCD TV's tuner would not, and neither did my PC's tuner. Didn't like the dash 10.

charliewatts

charliewatts to ansky

to ansky
Channel 3/503 is still not in the guide as of this morning.