spc
Search similar:

uniqs
aibojk
join:2004-05-25
Richmond Hill, ON

aibojk

[Anveo] Anveo - The number you are calling cannot receive incoming call

Many callers are having trouble reaching my Anveo number. They all got the following message "The number you are calling cannot receive incoming call.". These calls were not even registered as incoming when I checked my call report. Majority of these callers are calling from a Bell Canada phone line but I don't know if it's limited to Bell phone line.

Does anyone have this problem before? I contacted Anveo support but they told me it's not their problem and I need to sort it out with Bell.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by aibojk:

Many callers are having trouble reaching my Anveo number.

Have you ported in this number or is it a new number?
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

If you use a non-Bell phone, such as a cell phone, do you have the same problem? In other words, is it EVERYONE that cannot reach you, or is the problem specific to some carriers?
aibojk
Richmond Hill, ON

aibojk to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
I ported this number 3 years ago. It has been fine until 2-3 months ago.
aibojk

aibojk to Mango

to Mango
The problem is I don't know how many callers are having this issue because they can't get hold of me to notify me. So far there are 4 known callers. All these are landline callers. I don't have any report on cell phone callers. I know there are much more than 4 callers can't reach my number. They don't get my voicemail so I don't know who called.
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

If you like, PM the number to me and I can test it via Telus. That way we'll know if multiple carriers are affected.
Mango

Mango

Premium Member

The OP PM'd his number to me and I tested it. When I routed the call via Telus, I reached his voicemail.

When I routed the call via ISP Telecom, I heard the message: "The number you are calling cannot receive incoming calls. This is a recording."

I verified that the audio was coming from an ISP Telecom IP, and tested five times with the same results.

aibojk, now that we know the problem affects multiple carriers (Bell and ISP Telecom) I recommend you provide this information to Anveo in his ticket and ask them to investigate further.

If they still say your callers should take it up with their carrier, then I will open a ticket with them as I use ISP Telecom via Anveo Direct.

m.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Do you think this might be related to the Canadian carrier issue affecting Voip.MS right now?

»Re: [Voip.ms] Incoming calls to voip.ms DIDs suddenly not passing audio?
zamarac
join:2008-11-29
Canada

zamarac to aibojk

to aibojk
said by aibojk:

Many callers are having trouble reaching my Anveo number.

Did you try changing Anveo SIP server? Are you on the US server right now? I wonder if it can be look at as a long distance or international call by some Canadian providers?
turk
join:2009-03-10
canada

turk to aibojk

to aibojk
said by aibojk:

Many callers are having trouble reaching my Anveo number. They all got the following message "The number you are calling cannot receive incoming call.". These calls were not even registered as incoming when I checked my call report. Majority of these callers are calling from a Bell Canada phone line but I don't know if it's limited to Bell phone line.

I had a similar problem using Anveo. The problem wasn't Anveo's ,
it was a routing problem with Bell Canada. It took two weeks to resolve it and it required opening a support ticket with Anveo who then put pressure through their carrier to get Bell to correct the problem. In the meantime many people couldn't reach me and I didn't even know it! My belief is that Bell are doing this to get even for my porting the number away from them.
zamarac
join:2008-11-29
Canada

3 edits

zamarac

said by turk:

Bell are doing this to get even for my porting the number away from them

They just want to protect their market share in general from low cost or behemot contenders. Making harder to access their client DIDs might be a part of this strategy. Making life more difficult for a small provider won't promise a major headache for Bell. And their tech resources aren't there either. Quite a few US based 800 numbers aren't accessible from major Canadian provider DIDs.
aibojk
Richmond Hill, ON

aibojk

Thanks everyone's help. I followed up with Anveo again and they requested 3 failed call samples.

Mango, can you please call my number and share the following information via PM? Thanks!!

Date: In GMT
Time: In GMT
DID Called: The DID you called
Originating Number: The originator's phone number
Calling Network: The originator's calling network

zamarac, I am using the Montreal server.

turk, I am experiencing the same issue you had.

Besides this issue, Bell often would insert an extra 1 in front of forwarded number. When a call is forwarded to my cell, the number shows as 1-1-416-123-4567 not 1-416-123-4567. Anveo said is a Bell issue. The problem is I can't call the number on the call display because the double makes the phone number invalid.
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

PM sent!
vientito1
join:2009-01-09

vientito1 to turk

to turk
The problem is it is hard to prove that Bell is doing this sort of thing intentionally. However, it would not surprise me a bit that in fact they know this and perhaps even systematically target those who are not their clients. Once we moved away from Bell, we started rec'ving a certain 866 call every evening and I found out that these folks in fact have contracts with Bell trying to get us back to them.

Talking about a company who spends their efforts not in improving their service and constantly engaging in dirty tricks and untrustworthy billing practice, Bell Canada tops it all in that regard.

Setitright
@62.210.206.x

Setitright to PX Eliezer1

Anon

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

Do you think this might be related to the Canadian carrier issue affecting Voip.MS right now?

No problems here with voip.ms.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

1 edit

1 recommendation

PX Eliezer1 to vientito1

Premium Member

to vientito1
said by vientito1:

The problem is it is hard to prove that Bell is doing this sort of thing intentionally. However, it would not surprise me a bit that in fact they know this and perhaps even systematically target those who are not their clients.

I don't know. That would need to be a large undertaking, involving many possible squealers (whistleblowers), and for a relatively small payoff.

It's more likely simple incompetence and apathy, as well as the complexities of number routing and the LRN/porting system.

Remember Heinlein et al: "Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence".
said by vientito1:

Once we moved away from Bell, we started rec'ving a certain 866 call every evening and I found out that these folks in fact have contracts with Bell trying to get us back to them.

That's not unusual. I have that from Verizon. Numbers that I ported away years ago they still call about to try to get me back. They send it by snail mail as well. Less these days though, as Verzion no longer really cares about POTS.
said by vientito1:

Talking about a company who spends their efforts not in improving their service and constantly engaging in dirty tricks and untrustworthy billing practice, Bell Canada tops it all in that regard.

Oh, definitely, and it is quite unfortunate that Bell Canada, one of the final two phone companies in North America to bear Alexander Graham Bell's name (the other is Cincinnati Bell) are such bums.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to Setitright

Premium Member

to Setitright
said by Setitright :

No problems here with voip.ms.

I've got the voip.ms issue for sure. And it is definitely Bell related. I've had the no audio on incoming calls from a Bell land line customer over the last 2-3 days, and just now had it with a Bell cell customer.

The Bell cell customer is saying that he's gotten "The number you are calling cannot receive incoming call." type messages as well, while calling me.
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

That is very curious - particularly since the OP claims he's been having this issue for 2-3 months, yet the VoIP.ms issue was only posted on their issue tracker yesterday. Whether coincidence or a related issue, hopefully the resolution to one issue will solve everyone's problems.

Out of curiosity, anyone know what carrier is at fault? Presumably ISP Telecom should be able to route calls to itself. The FPL forum is relatively quiet. My CallWithUs account expired, so I can't check.

m.
aibojk
Richmond Hill, ON

aibojk

I just tried Fongo and Skype. Both were able to reach my number.