TSI Support
ISP Employee
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

TSI Outages

ISP Employee

TekSavvy based email addresses.

Hello all,

We are currently experiencing an issue with TekSavvy based email addresses producing errors. Unfortunately we do not currently have an ETA on this, but we are aware of the issue and are working towards a resolution.

We appreciate your patience and understanding and apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Best regards,
The TekSavvy Team
TSI Outages

1 recommendation

TSI Outages

ISP Employee

Hello Everyone,

We are still experiencing an issue with our email service. This issue is still being investigated. Email access may be intermittent at the moment. We are working with our email vendor to have this resolved as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding and apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. We will provide additional updates later when we have more on this issue.

Best regards,
The TekSavvy Team

Bastich
Premium Member
join:2009-07-05

Bastich to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
Ha! Was just going to post about this but you all beat me to it.

Thanks for the update, Outages!
B)
mr_hexen
join:2007-08-02
Brampton, ON

mr_hexen to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
update? email still [fricking] down.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Just got an update that we are still parsing through logs to pin point the issue.
Expand your moderator at work

noemailagain
@24.140.234.x

noemailagain to TSI Outages

Anon

to TSI Outages

Re: TekSavvy based email addresses.

Ya thanks,but I"m still not getting my email.Fix it please.

Unable to send or receive messages for the account. A time-out occurred while communicating with the server.

Server: 'mail.teksavvy.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC19
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

We are still working on a fix.
mr_hexen
Brampton, ON

mr_hexen to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
..still down as of this morning. Can't send/receive a single thing.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

I don't use the teksavvy POP/IMAP servers, but I do have my email forwarded to gmail... It appears the forwarder isn't working either.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
POP server just barfed up a couple days backlog to my inbasket

davidl
join:2008-07-11
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

davidl to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Email still isn't healthy...I get the occasional message but I can't send at all...
mr_hexen
Brampton, ON

mr_hexen to HiVolt

to HiVolt
It's really bad. My blackberry isn't even retrieving messages that webmail is showing as received... frustrating for sure.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

We're still working with our vendor.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

1 recommendation

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

I use my TSI e-mail address only to get billing notices from TSI.
So do I get to pay my bill late if you can't get the invoice to me?

If you were using FOSS you probably wouldn't have many issues. Dovecot works fine for hundreds of thousands of accounts.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

We're still working with our vendor.

who's the vendor?
mr_hexen
Brampton, ON

mr_hexen to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

I use my TSI e-mail address only to get billing notices from TSI.
So do I get to pay my bill late if you can't get the invoice to me?

THIS!

backtobasic
@bell.ca

backtobasic to TSI Andre

Anon

to TSI Andre
Perhaps it's time to ditch this fancy pants webmail platform that clearly doesnt work, and hasn't worked for months.

And why are you outsourcing this to some vendor? can't you run a simple email server in-house? You're jsut adding to complexity and you're helpless when it breaks like with your voip, or bell/rogers stuff.

Go back to providing a regular POP3 email and be done with it.

@teksavvy.com

Anon

When you get to the webmail login page, you would see the IceWarp logo. I assume that TekSavvy bought an IceWarp mail server.

If you go to the IceWarp forum (»forum.icewarp.com), click on the tab "Forum" at the top then choose to view, say, "IceWarp WebClient", you would see other users having similar issues.

davidl
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

davidl to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
RoundCube works pretty good for a web interface to POP accounts...just sayin'

Jay33
@teksavvy.com

Jay33 to backtobasic

Anon

to backtobasic
You've made a very good point. I use to have an isp that was much smaller than Teksavvy and in house Email never failed. Why? They knew what they were doing. Setting up a reliable Email server is not a difficult thing to do. I will be going back to that small isp because it has become obvious that Teksavvy either is unwilling to provide decent service or doesn't have organizational ability to get someone on the job to handle what needs to be done. Emails problems since last August 2014!! not acceptable. "We're different in a good way? I don't think so.

davidl
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

davidl to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
I think it's a bit different when you have something like 40,000 customers...hard to scale that opensource stuff correctly...need all kinds of 'failover clustering' and things like that, so it's understandable why Teksavvy would want to farm it out.

I wouldn't abandon Teksavvy over this but it would sure be nice to have it fixed once and for all...I kinda depend on my Teksavvy email.

digiwth
join:2012-09-21
SmartRG SR808ac
Asus RT-AC86
SmartRG SR505N

digiwth

You should never use an ISP email address if you DEPEND on email. It's a complementary service that is almost universally terrible, and is lost if you ever switch providers.

Spend a bit of time and money and either setup your own, or a paid service.

davidl
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

davidl to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Never had serious trouble with Teksavvy email till the recent glitches started. I can live without webmail myself...seems to be when the trouble started, when they got the fancier webmail.
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

Webslinger to TSI Andre

Premium Member

to TSI Andre
smtp server out.teksavvy.com is timing out again

"Sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server out.teksavvy.com timed out. Try again or contact your network administrator."
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
Maybe CSIS / CSEC will bid on hosting e-mail for you.
LOL

Jay33
@teksavvy.com

Jay33 to digiwth

Anon

to digiwth
It's not a complementary service. It was part of the contractual agreement to provide this service.

digiwth
join:2012-09-21
SmartRG SR808ac
Asus RT-AC86
SmartRG SR505N

digiwth

Show me this contract you've agreed to that says they're required to offer you email service. The actual sales page doesn't mention email access at all, the terms of service simply says as a customer you HAVE the ability to create email accounts, nothing that says they're required to as part of your service.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

said by digiwth:

Show me this contract you've agreed to that says they're required to offer you email service. The actual sales page doesn't mention email access at all, the terms of service simply says as a customer you HAVE the ability to create email accounts, nothing that says they're required to as part of your service.

why even argue about the specifics? i think everyone else here see's that TSI should be providing email service regardless of it being in a contract.
Bugblndr
join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON

Bugblndr

said by jmck:

i think everyone else here see's that TSI should be providing email service regardless of it being in a contract.

I would argue that they should NOT provide email service. Obviously they are great at providing internet connectivity but are incapable of providing reliable email service.

I wonder how much money they have spent or wasted on trying to create a reliable email system? I know I've never used their email in all the years I've been with them, and I certainly wouldn't even consider using their email in the future.