dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RHWV
join:2015-03-10

RHWV

[BW Meter] Hate Suddenlink's Data Caps? File a FCC Report.

»consumercomplaints.fcc.g ··· id=38824

Please contact the FCC with your legit complaint. I'm not a prolific writer by any means but this may help get the ball rolling:

As per rule 153 of FCC 15-24, it is stated concerns will be addressed on a case-by-case basis on the subject of data caps. As a[n] [description-of-your-household], I feel as though my household is an excellent case that should be reviewed.

Ideas to touch on:

• Growing size of software (photos, videos, software, video games)
• Streaming (music, television, audio, educational requirements and interests)
• Security (operating system and other software updates, personal/cloud backups, app updates)
• Streaming (Resolutions and bitrates are becoming increasingly better 1080p / 1080p60 / 4k)
• Other projects (Folding@home, Linux Distros)

Thanks everyone!

SOURCE
BliND123
join:2007-05-01
Tyler, TX

BliND123

Gonna message them but what does this fit under? Basically gonna say what I said on Change.org about the bandwidth caps.
RHWV

RHWV

I would put it under billing or availability.
Thanks for taking the time to help out!
Nyron
join:2007-10-09
Charleston, WV

Nyron to RHWV

to RHWV
I would even argue it violates net neutrality because movies you purchase from them (on demand) do not go against the cap, whereas, movies you purchase from another content provider do.
RHWV

2 edits

RHWV

Good point, didn't think about that.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle to Nyron

Premium Member

to Nyron
Except on demand doesn't traverse the data end of the network, don't it would count. On the data side, everything counts against you including sl own phone service.

TexasTacoBee
@suddenlink.net

TexasTacoBee

Anon

said by moldypickle:

Except on demand doesn't traverse the data end of the network, don't it would count. On the data side, everything counts against you including sl own phone service.

how much bandwidth does Suddenlink's telephone service use?

I only use IP phone service(not Suddenlink) and it takes
just 32kb/s, which is almost nothing, unless I talk 24/7.

as for complaining to the FCC... better do it before the
next president(presumably a Replubican) takes office!
I hear the Republicans don't care much for what the
FCC is doing now.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

No clue the specifics of how much data SL phone uses, but I was just pointing out that on the data side of their network they don't play favorites. Everything, even docsis overhead, counts just the same towards the cap.
RHWV

RHWV

Thanks for clarifying.
Nyron
join:2007-10-09
Charleston, WV

Nyron to moldypickle

to moldypickle
Thanks. I stand corrected! I was under the impression it was under the data end.
RHWV

RHWV

Here's an email I received today from the FCC.

Hi ______

Your Ticket No. _______ was served on Suddenlink Communications on Mar 16 for its review and response.

A response is due no later than 30 days from today. Suddenlink Communications will respond to you directly. You may check the status of your complaint online at any time.

Thank you for your complaint and help in furthering the FCC’s mission on behalf of consumers.

Abyss1992
Premium Member
join:2012-08-18
Spencer, WV

Abyss1992 to RHWV

Premium Member

to RHWV
Just had a talk with a supervisor and she didn't even want to talk to me about the whole FCC thing she acted like it wasn't even a issue
Abyss1992

Abyss1992 to RHWV

Premium Member

to RHWV
said by ]As per rule 153 of FCC 15-24, it is stated concerns will be addressed on a case-by-case basis on the subject of data caps. As a disabled person who's only for of entertainment is streaming videos from the internet and downloading and playing games online, I feel as though my household is an excellent case that should be reviewed.

I am a disables person who's only entertainment is streaming video and online games. My household consists of 2 PC's a PS4 and Xbox One a tablet and a cellphone. My data cap is 500GB a month which is nothing compared to how big video games are today some of which reach 100+ GB. I also need to keep my PCs security software up to date so as to not get my information stolen. As for steaming the bitrates and quality of streams are just getting bigger and bigger with 4K streams coming in at 130GB a movie. I don't feel as if the data caps are beneficial and ar just put in place to make money off of those who go over when most of them don't have the money to pay the overages.

On another note I never signed up for this internet service to be capped in fact when I was on the phone they told me via verbal contract that there would never be a cap in my area. Fast forward to just last month and I get a notification on my tablet saying I went over the cap when no letter or warning was given prior.

Another thing is that Suddenlink's own movies on demand don't count against the cap even when they are streamed via their site which is in direct violation of Title II I feel as if they are monopolizing their customers as the competition in the area is subpar at best and very little as in only 1 to 2 other companies.

So in conclusion I feel like I can't live comfortably with this cap as me going over would dip into the very little remaining money I have left each month.[/bquote :

This was my complaint I hope it's good enough.

RHWV

RHWV

Thanks for taking the time to file a complaint.
Every complaint helps make our point.
semaj81
join:2002-08-12
Marietta, OH

semaj81 to RHWV

to RHWV
What will this actually accomplish?
RHWV

RHWV

I received a letter in the mail from Suddenlink saying that they will reply to my FCC complaint directly within 30 days.

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC to RHWV

Premium Member

to RHWV
said by RHWV:

»consumercomplaints.fcc.g ··· id=38824

Please contact the FCC with your legit complaint. I'm not a prolific writer by any means but this may help get the ball rolling:

As per rule 153 of FCC 15-24, it is stated concerns will be addressed on a case-by-case basis on the subject of data caps. As a[n] [description-of-your-household], I feel as though my household is an excellent case that should be reviewed.

Ideas to touch on:

• Growing size of software (photos, videos, software, video games)
• Streaming (music, television, audio, educational requirements and interests)
• Security (operating system and other software updates, personal/cloud backups, app updates)
• Streaming (Resolutions and bitrates are becoming increasingly better 1080p / 1080p60 / 4k)
• Other projects (Folding@home, Linux Distros)

Thanks everyone!

SOURCE

I don't think this practice is fair. Comcast is doing it in some headends
Expand your moderator at work