Modus
I hate smartassery on forums
Premium Member
join:2005-05-02
us

Modus

Premium Member

[Help] BOINC move

I currently have the BOINC manager installed on a windows machine, i would like to dump the windows machine and run the BOINC software on a ubuntu server. So far i have installed ubuntu server, downloaded the BOINC software and installed it.

I started looking at the wiki »boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/ ··· Examples but i'm not sure how to attach my account / projects to the BOINC installation, has anyone done this on ubuntu server here?

suprleg
Abracadabra
Premium Member
join:2004-05-06
Garden Grove, CA

suprleg

Premium Member

Sorry running several Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS: trusty desktops with BOINC, not the server version..
There isn't a module available through the "Dash" or "apt-get"?

Modus
I hate smartassery on forums
Premium Member
join:2005-05-02
us

1 recommendation

Modus

Premium Member

I was close to having it running but i kept trying to run

boinccmd --join_acct_mgr »bam.boincstats.com/ username password

then i get

poll status: operation in progress
poll status: operation in progress
poll status: unexpected XML tag or syn

I gave up on that because i couldn't find any helpful resolution to that error. I'm going to install the GUI 32bit ver. of ubuntu 14.04 and install the BOINC manager so i can be done with it
Modus

3 recommendations

Modus

Premium Member

Yeah i gave up the headless install...i just couldn't find a solution to that xml error. It could be that the ubuntu server was 64bit, i did see that some of those projects won't run on 64bit machines. Anyway i installed the desktop version of 14.04. BOINC & tide it to BAM. All good now