Search similar:

uniqs
sabretooth
join:2012-02-14
Marietta, GA

1 recommendation

sabretooth

[Price] Standby for a price jump...

Just got a letter from Comcast. Prices increases all around July 1, 2015.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I recently locked in my price and feature set for two years, so I won't see any of that here.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall to sabretooth

Premium Member

to sabretooth
said by sabretooth:

What did the price increases include? Such as what went up and to what price?

I found this online, is this it?
»imgur.com/8TMJ6P4
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

3 recommendations

clocks11 to graysonf

to graysonf
said by graysonf:

I recently locked in my price and feature set for two years, so I won't see any of that here.

That doesn't matter. Half the time they just increase the "fees" to get around any price locks.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Has never happened to me as long as I have been a customer - many years.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to clocks11

Premium Member

to clocks11
said by clocks11:

That doesn't matter. Half the time they just increase the "fees" to get around any price locks.

not many fees on the HSI side (you can buy a modem)
From Darknessfall See Profile pic it looks like HSI will go up $3, more than the $2 in some of the last 11-12 years, while speeds up by order of magnitude.

Comcast's HSI is still America's best entertainment/educational/shopping/et'c bargain

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

1 recommendation

train_wreck to graysonf

to graysonf
said by graysonf:

Has never happened to me as long as I have been a customer - many years.

Then you are very lucky. Has happened to me several times in the past 2 years of service, plus numerous other times when I lived with parents/others.

Jim721
join:2014-07-31
Belleville, MI

Jim721 to tshirt

to tshirt
Wow they really pic on the Atlanta market Data caps and now a increase in fees. I have stand alone Blast 50/10=(60/12) promo for the next 10 month so they better not raise shit here. No promo Blast is 78.95 if they put it over 80.00 i bet some would consider going back to Performance.
clocks11

clocks11 to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
Comcast can't blame HD DVR service going from $8 to $10 on increased programming costs. The costs of DVRs should be getting cheaper.

rolfp
no-shill zone
Premium Member
join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA

rolfp to Jim721

Premium Member

to Jim721
said by Jim721:

I have stand alone Blast 50/10=(60/12) promo

What's the price on that?

Jim721
Belleville, MI

1 edit

Jim721

$54.95 per month for a year, i have about 10 months left. Also with just internet there are no taxes or fees of any kind. And yes i own my modem i refuse to pay them for that.

rolfp
no-shill zone
Premium Member
join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA

rolfp

Premium Member

Thanks. The reason I asked is I was just at the store complaining about my HSI price after my 1-year promo ended. I'm getting about 50/6 on what started out as Performance and paid about $55.94/mo., including $10 modem rental. (I think I read this has gone to $15 in some places).

Post-promo, the monthly became about $76.49 (w/modem) but there is some pro-rating going on, so I don't know exactly where that price would settle out. The CSR told me I would get another year at the same promo rate and I just dropped $70 at Amazon for a Zoom 5341j, trying to keep this expense under some sort of control.
sabretooth
join:2012-02-14
Marietta, GA

1 edit

sabretooth to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
said by Darknessfall:

said by sabretooth:

What did the price increases include? Such as what went up and to what price?

I found this online, is this it?
»imgur.com/8TMJ6P4

That's it. They can't spell worth a crap either.

Jim721
Belleville, MI

Jim721 to rolfp

to rolfp
The thing is comcasts prices and deals vary with different areas and markets. So what one person gets may be totally different then someone else in a different location.

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to Jim721

Premium Member

to Jim721
said by Jim721:

I have stand alone Blast 50/10=(60/12) promo for the next 10 month so they better not raise shit here. No promo Blast is 78.95 if they put it over 80.00 i bet some would consider going back to Performance.

and (after the speed upgrades in most areas) it will be less then you paid for the same speed as last year. in fact I noticed that the slowest speed they still offer (3/1) is cheaper then the $42.95 I paid for 3/768 almost 12 years ago. and used 30-40 gig
I now pay $70 for 105/10 use 300-590gigs and get far more use out of it on a inflation adjusted dollar.
It's not suprising that they continue to shift some increases to HSI that the video side used to pay.
PLUS
all bills are paid on line I haven't used STAMPS for several years, we REALLY get or moneys worth out of amazon Prime on the delivery part alone, and again from the video side too.
And saved trips to stores and libraries and college and job interviews and telecommuting (even my wife is now able to do part of her retail sales job from home) has saved MANY gallons of gas.
We get back everything we pay for cable many times over.

Doobee
@comcast.net

Doobee to Jim721

Anon

to Jim721
Just had a rise in Jan, certain fees and Blast! went up then $2. Not happy about another price increase 6 months later. If it is across all areas?
sparks
join:2001-07-08
Little Rock, AR

sparks to sabretooth

to sabretooth
broadcast price doubled?
From what I read the fee is set and can not go up. there is one exception EACH provider can negotiate a new price at the end of their contract.

what is regional sports fee?

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

2 recommendations

FureverFurry to sabretooth

Premium Member

to sabretooth
said by sabretooth:

Nope. Obviously one of those "programming and business costs" is NOT for a spell check program. Beware of the "in creases" ....

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

1 recommendation

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by FureverFurry:

said by sabretooth:

Nope. Obviously one of those "programming and business costs" is NOT for a spell check program. Beware of the "in creases" ....

Comcast: Who "nteeds" a spellcheck? It's not worth it!
suggy2004
join:2004-01-07
Conshohocken, PA

suggy2004 to sabretooth

to sabretooth

Regional Sports Fee

My Google-fu tells me - The RSN (Regional Sports Network) Fee is a charge on your bill associated with the rising cost of regional sports network programming, such as Big Ten Network, Fox Southeast, etc. The $1.00 fee will be applied with any Comcast TV subscription that has regional sports network programming

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by suggy2004:

The RSN (Regional Sports Network) Fee is a charge on your bill associated with the rising cost of regional sports network programming ...

Yes, see: »[Bill] Regional Sports Fee.
said by clocks11:

said by graysonf:

Yeah: »Extra Sports Fees The Latest Cable Industry Rate Hike Trick

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics to suggy2004

Premium Member

to suggy2004
I have this fee, and I have nothing to do with sports on my channel line up. It is so they can raise you monthly fee with out it raising the actual package price.
It is a total rip off. Everyone should be seeing this on their bill soon. Sports package or not.
suggy2004
join:2004-01-07
Conshohocken, PA

suggy2004 to sabretooth

to sabretooth

Re: [Price] Standby for a price jump...

I think its on everybody's bill except for those with Basic Service. (Local Only)

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to sabretooth

MVM

to sabretooth
Karl, has a DSLR news item up about this now: »Comcast Users Notified of Another Round of Rate Hikes [58] comments
cheeseman
join:2014-06-19
Palo Alto, CA

cheeseman to sabretooth

to sabretooth
Aren't these just the January rate hikes, which were pro-rated for 6 months for existing customers?

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to FureverFurry

Premium Member

to FureverFurry
said by FureverFurry:

Beware of the "in creases" ...

That's the money that falls from your pockets in(to) the creases in the couch.
If you have deep pockets, then a smaller amount (%) falls out.

OldNews
@comcast.net

OldNews to cheeseman

Anon

to cheeseman
These increases only apply to a few areas in the south who didn't see the increases in January. The vast majority of customers already went through this in January and won't see any increase.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to clocks11

Premium Member

to clocks11
said by clocks11:

Comcast can't blame HD DVR service going from $8 to $10 on increased programming costs. The costs of DVRs should be getting cheaper.

The reality is that (sports)programming is probably rising at such a rate, that they raise other fees (such as the DVR fee) to "redistribute the income" as it were. I would make a guess and say that 75% of subscribers has at least 1 DVR, and by raising those fees, they may be able to apply some of that in their internal books to raising programming costs.
wchillman
join:2011-11-20
Gig Harbor, WA

wchillman to sabretooth

to sabretooth
My June bill does not indicate any increase in Performance Stater which is sufficient to stream video in HD. I reviewed it here...

»Review of Comcast XFINITY by wchillman
clocks11

1 recommendation

clocks11 to maartena

to maartena
said by maartena:

The reality is that (sports)programming is probably rising at such a rate, that they raise other fees (such as the DVR fee) to "redistribute the income" as it were.

I agree. I think this forcing everyone to subsidize sports will come to an end at some point. It can't keep going like this much longer.