uniqs

Jackorama
I Am Woman
Premium Member
join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

Jackorama

Premium Member

[Serious] $5. off any energy star LED bulb, coupon at Home Depot cash register.

Bought on Sunday, at Home Depot, Philips Slim Style 10.5w LED (soft white) to replace a 60w incandescent bulb for $9.97 and the guy told me that to mention to the cashier to apply the Energy coupons at the cash. So, I grabbed two LED bulbs. She applied two $5 coupons from her drawer and it basically was like receiving one bulb free. From the coupon site you can use up to 5 coupons per transaction. »saveonenergy.ca/Consumer ··· FAQ.aspx

Didn't know it at that time, or I would have bought 5.

Just throwing this out there for those who don't know about it. Check out the coupon site for all the stores that are doing this.

Now looking at replacing 9 - 50w GU10 halogens with LEDs.

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk

Thanks for the tip. They had a similar coupon promotion back in the early fall, and I got most of the house switched to LED. I guess it's time to finish the job.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to Jackorama

to Jackorama
Always worth stopping by that web site before buying energy-efficient bulbs, electronic thermostats etc.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to Jackorama

Premium Member

to Jackorama
Those coupons have existed for years. You can use up to five coupons per SKU per visit.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to Jackorama

Premium Member

to Jackorama
Thanks, I have been using a couple of them and could stock up. I find that style brighter than a 13 watt CFL, but the shape of their bulb may not work in all fixtures (such as lamps that use clip on shades, or have part of the bulb exposed).

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to Jackorama

to Jackorama
It isn't a new thing. They just moved the coupons off the shelf because people had the false idea that hoarding them was somehow a good idea.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

There's no difference between the 'coupon event' and the coupons you print off the website year round for LEDs either. I think they might give a buck or two more for CFLs when the coupons are in the store on the displays.

The coupon even is nice if only because you can use coupons at Costco. Otherwise to the best of my knowledge they won't accept the coupons you print out.

And the limit is per SKU, not per transaction. You can buy five of one type of bulb, five of a second type and five a third for 15 total and you can use coupons for them all. But you can only use five if you buy 15 of the same.

Jackorama
I Am Woman
Premium Member
join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

Jackorama to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

Those coupons have existed for years. You can use up to five coupons per SKU per visit.

Thanks for clearing that up for me about the SKUs. I knew a little about the coupons, but thought it was a once a year thing. It's good to know that it is more of a year round thing.
Jackorama

Jackorama to Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

to Thane_Bitter
I like the bulb. We put it in a floor lamp that has a shade that covers the bottom of the fixture and open at the top. Compared to the 60w incandescent, there is very little difference in the color of the light (soft white) and the led is a little brighter. Overall, the light distribution is actually the same as a incandescent.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

I have several of those same bulbs. They work very well.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

1 recommendation

Anav to Jackorama

Premium Member

to Jackorama
Useless for me, the girl at the cash looked at the coupons and noted, OH, these are only good in Ontario. &$^#%#% She was right.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX

Premium Member

said by Anav:

Useless for me, the girl at the cash looked at the coupons and noted, OH, these are only good in Ontario. &$^#%#% She was right.

wait, seriously ?, that's stupid, and add it to the list of "center of the universe" things that exist in Ontario.

lugnut
@dyn.xx.ca

lugnut to Jackorama

Anon

to Jackorama
I bought three packs of these last winter and converted the whole house.

»www.amazon.ca/AmazingLED ··· P09TKPM/

One bulb failed after a few weeks but all the of the rest are still going strong.

Much brighter and better quality light than CF bulbs fer sure.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

That's not a bad price if you live outside of Ontario but with the SaveOnEnergy coupons here LED bulbs can be had for much cheaper, especially if you wait until a particular brand is on sale and combine that sale with the coupon. The 800lm LEDs I have in my basement cost me $3.25 each on sale with the coupon.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Concur, refund programs are very much provincial apparently Nova Scotia had theirs in May.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
Canada

BonezX

Premium Member

Would have been nice to know about it, but just like everything here, nobody knows about things that save money until after it's over.

Now things that make money for the city on the other hand, if you don't know about it damn near a year in advance they are slacking off.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

Red Flag Deals for the win.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to BonezX

to BonezX
said by BonezX:

said by Anav:

wait, seriously ?, that's stupid, and add it to the list of "center of the universe" things that exist in Ontario.

It's an Ontario web site (not sure which one of the power-related agencies runs it), so of course the coupons are only good in Ontario. Try using Hydro-Quebec coupons outside of Quebec... I'm sure NS Power must have something like that.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
Canada

BonezX

Premium Member

said by MichelR:

It's an Ontario web site (not sure which one of the power-related agencies runs it), so of course the coupons are only good in Ontario. Try using Hydro-Quebec coupons outside of Quebec... I'm sure NS Power must have something like that.

Your whacked in the head if you think NS power does anything like that willingly, the company that keeps trying to increase power rates while people are conserving more and more.