spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Ovevs
@dslextreme.com

Ovevs

Anon

[DSL] New Email Login Annoyance

Despite checking the Stay Logged In box, I've had to login in to DSL Extreme's new email setup many dozens of times at least, way too many, since it replaced Gmail. Sometimes a login lasts a few days; other times a fraction of day; still other times it logs me out mid-word, IN MY FACE, as I'm typing. With Gmail, not to mention Amazon, Google, Netflix, GreenCine, IMDB, Library Thing, etc., I remain logged in until I log out or clear my browser's saved passwords. Logging back in takes at least 20 seconds, assuming the annoyance doesn't cause me to mistype. DSL Extreme/Zimbra doesn't even save my username, as some sites do. That's on a desktop. Imagine on smaller devices. I not a politician or businessman. DSL Extreme isn't my work account. I couldn't care less who reads my email. I never include sensitive numbers in email anyway. Bizarrely I do remain logged into the annoying separate Graymail server; the "View" buttons beside each spam send me to a page with side-by-side Release and Logout buttons.

Most importantly, I always have the option to logout when and if I decide to do so. I don't need DSL Extreme or Zimbra to do it for me, do PLEASE don't.

An approximation of this same complaint to both DSL E. Sales and Support received case numbers but otherwise went unanswered.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Usually 'keep me logged in' options do so via cookies saved on your computer; such cookies are usually either given a finite valid life, or are valid until something else invalidates them (eg. detecting a logout request; depending on platform, other criteria such as a password change or IP change etc. may trigger it).

Speaking of smaller devices - are you checking your account from multiple computers or devices (such as smartphones), and if so do you have the same difficulty with each or is it only one computer which is encountering this?

If you sign up for an account here (it's free) and send me a PM with the email address where you're seeing this, I could look into this for you.

Ovevs
@dslextreme.com

Ovevs

Anon

A DSL info page on Zimbra - sorry I'm too tired to find and cite it just tonight - says it's deliberate, part of their new more secure email server. It actually says something like "daily" or once a day so I feel blessed when I get through three or four days. Unless you guys have changed things in last 48 hours?

When a browser sheds passwords it sheds them all, not just Zimbra, and it's only happening with Zimbra. Anyway, doesn't matter which browser. Zimbra sheds logins in any of the three I have here, IE, Chrome, Firefox.

fg