pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb

Premium Member

Why is BHN Secure being forced down my throat????

Click for full size
Click for full size
im sitting in a parking lot browsing on my phone and the login prompt pops up OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. I don't use either of the brighthouse hotspots because they never work for me. It took me far too long to even type this because of the constant popup.

How do I make this stop? I can't "forget" the network because I never saved anything.

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup

That "t-mobile" underneath probably has something to do with it. Sounds like T-Mo is forcing connections to it? I think I remember hearing something about them partnering with cable companies.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to pcdebb

Premium Member

to pcdebb
said by pcdebb:

im sitting in a parking lot browsing on my phone and the login prompt pops up OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. I don't use either of the brighthouse hotspots because they never work for me. It took me far too long to even type this because of the constant popup.

How do I make this stop? I can't "forget" the network because I never saved anything.

Looking into it...

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
join:2010-06-17
Inglis, FL

DCELL to pcdebb

to pcdebb
Well, I can't EVER get BHN Secure to work...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to pcdebb

Premium Member

to pcdebb
said by pcdebb:

Deb check your IM

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb

Premium Member

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by pcdebb:

Deb check your IM

ive tried to respond to it three times and it takes me to that screen before sending and I keep entering your screen name and it takes it out. Geesus....
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by pcdebb:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by pcdebb:

Deb check your IM

ive tried to respond to it three times and it takes me to that screen before sending and I keep entering your screen name and it takes it out. Geesus....

You didnt answer my IM question Deb...I need that info.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to mixdup

Premium Member

to mixdup
said by mixdup:

That "t-mobile" underneath probably has something to do with it. Sounds like T-Mo is forcing connections to it? I think I remember hearing something about them partnering with cable companies.

Well I certainly never agreed. I've never entered any of my myservices info, so I dont know what's incorrect about it. i keep cancelling the popup. It did this in two different locations in Pinellas Park and N. St Pete.
pcdebb

pcdebb to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

You didnt answer my IM question Deb...I need that info.

What I was trying to say was, it wouldnt let me respond to the IM
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

I got it finally thank you...

Beachie
Where is Shelly Miscavige?
join:2001-07-12
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

Beachie to mixdup

to mixdup
said by mixdup:

Most likely not, it's an opt-in trial.
T-Mobile running Preferred Wi-Fi Network Trial in select markets

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb

Premium Member

Never got that text. Gonna touch base with them and see what their deal is. Looks like they are forcing it on Tmobile users without consent.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by pcdebb:

Never got that text. Gonna touch base with them and see what their deal is. Looks like they are forcing it on Tmobile users without consent.

Just hold your horses there Deb. I'm on it...I'll get back to you tomorrow.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to pcdebb

Premium Member

to pcdebb
Did you happen to install the latest update to BHTV on your phone?

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb

Premium Member

said by gigahurtz:

I didnt, maybe iOS pushed an update. The app was not running.

mixdup
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
That little 'tmobile' under the network name has to have something to do with it. Even if deb didn't opt-in, or doesn't remember opting in, I bet somehow a profile has gotten pushed to her phone.
snowpp22
join:2001-10-23
Lake Mary, FL

snowpp22 to pcdebb

to pcdebb
I'm getting "enter the password for "BHN Secure"", and I've installed the profile as instructed. I did upgrade to iOS 8.4.1 yesterday though.

kdwycha
join:2003-01-30
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha to pcdebb

to pcdebb
Sounds to me like TMO is trying to offload voice and data by using telco and cable wifi partnerships rather then upgrade their network. In a way though it seems it would work like a microcell and if it works whats the big deal. You may actually get coverage vs no signal.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

1 edit

gigahurtz to pcdebb

Premium Member

to pcdebb
Here's some more information on the partnership: »www.fiercewireless.com/s ··· 15-08-07
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

BHNtechXpert to pcdebb

Premium Member

to pcdebb
said by pcdebb:

said by gigahurtz:

I didnt, maybe iOS pushed an update. The app was not running.

Deb just sit tight....we have identified an issue and working it....
Gator5000e
join:2013-09-02
Altamonte Springs, FL

1 recommendation

Gator5000e to pcdebb

to pcdebb
I am having this exact same issue. The login screen keeps popping up on every web site. Plus, I tried to sign in to see if I could make my iPhone forget the network and I can't log in. Never can log in to the secure network. Please tell me there is a way to make this all stop. It's happening every time I navigate to a new page.

Tyler
join:2010-06-04
North East, PA

Tyler

Can you click the "i" off to the right and just click Forget this Network?

If something was pushed to your phone by t-mobile, you would go to Settings > General > Profiles...find it and just remove it.
Gator5000e
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e

That doesn't work if you can't join the network, which I can't. When you can't join, the choice is to Join Network, not Forget Network. So the pop up continues to pop up.

And on my iPhone I don't have a Profiles section under Settings, General. I'm on iOS 8.4.1.

Tyler
North East, PA

Tyler

Looks like there is a way to opt out...

»support.t-mobile.com/doc ··· OC-23432

»t-mo.co/wifi-provision
Gator5000e
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e

Thanks, I have read about this program. But it's only open to those who have been invited. I don't know what the second link is for where you enter you mobile number. I don't think you can join this program without an invite.

It does appear to stop when you are connected to another WiFi network.

But that still doesn't solve the problem where I have never been able to join BHN Secure anyway.

Tyler
North East, PA

Tyler

The link prior to that on the very bottom says you can temporarily opt out by disabling your wifi (dumb excuse) or use the link to permanently opt-out. I'm not a t-mobile subscriber, so I'm not sure what happens after you enter your number.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to pcdebb

Premium Member

to pcdebb
Gator sit tight please....Deb too....I'm on it....
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to pcdebb

Premium Member

to pcdebb
Okay I think we have this...please check again.

mixdup
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup to Tyler

to Tyler
said by Tyler:

Can you click the "i" off to the right and just click Forget this Network?

If something was pushed to your phone by t-mobile, you would go to Settings > General > Profiles...find it and just remove it.

If it was pushed down as a carrier profile you probably can't remove it
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Gator5000e

Premium Member

to Gator5000e
Gator.... Deb please confirm when you can....