spc
Search similar:

uniqs

arjun90
join:2012-05-16
New York, NY

2 recommendations

arjun90

Verizon Connections - FiOS Discount Program (Monthly Discount)

Don't forget to sign up for the Verizon Connections - FiOS Discount Program (which provides a furthe Discount on your monthly bill).
Did you remember to sign up?

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

2 edits

rebus9

What's the catch? There has to be a gotcha in there somewhere. Connections web page is very thin on details.

That they want your $DAYJOB email address in order to offer discounts on your Residential service doesn't pass the sniff test.....

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy

Premium Member

Absolutely 100% legit.

Same for vzw.

If you're a tinfoil hat guy, you can authenticate with your ID badge and pay stub via FAX.

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

2 recommendations

Branch

Premium Member

Is it like VZW where your work has to have an agreement with them?

dennismurphy
Premium Member
Parsippany, NJ

2 recommendations

dennismurphy

Premium Member

said by Branch:

Is it like VZW where your work has to have an agreement with them?

Yes.

Lex Luthor
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Hicksville, NY

2 recommendations

Lex Luthor to arjun90

Mod

to arjun90
You need to be employed by a specific set of companies to get this discount, right?

Didn't work for my company. I know we probably have a pretty large VZW account too.

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Actiontec WCB6200Q

2 recommendations

Branch

Premium Member

said by Lex Luthor:

You need to be employed by a specific set of companies to get this discount, right?

Your company needs to have a deal with VZ.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

2 recommendations

PJL to arjun90

to arjun90
The confirmation notice to implement the discount is sent only to the company email address of the participating companies. That is one of the checks confirming employment with a participating company.
marctronixx
join:2003-09-08
Los Angeles, CA

marctronixx to arjun90

to arjun90
Is there a list of companies on board?
PJL
Long Beach, CA

2 recommendations

PJL to rebus9

to rebus9
said by rebus9:

What's the catch? There has to be a gotcha in there somewhere. Connections web page is very thin on details.

That they want your $DAYJOB email address in order to offer discounts on your Residential service doesn't pass the sniff test.....

I believe it does. It's one way to confirm company participation.

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Actiontec WCB6200Q

2 recommendations

Branch to marctronixx

Premium Member

to marctronixx
said by marctronixx:

Is there a list of companies on board?

No, but if you enter your company's email, it should tell you.

rebus9
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to PJL

to PJL
said by PJL:

said by rebus9:

It made sense once someone mentioned it required a tie-in with the employer.

Umm, no thanks.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by rebus9:

said by PJL:

said by rebus9:

It made sense once someone mentioned it required a tie-in with the employer.

Umm, no thanks.

Well giving my spouse's company email address to save $120 per year is worth it. And Verizon has never used the address except to provide the sign-up information. I'm confident the agreement between Verizon and the company preclude any other use.

rebus9
Tampa Bay

2 recommendations

rebus9

said by PJL:

Well giving my spouse's company email address to save $120 per year is worth it. And Verizon has never used the address except to provide the sign-up information. I'm confident the agreement between Verizon and the company preclude any other use.

That's cool. For those who don't mind, it's found money and better in your pocket than Verizon's.

I like to keep my personal accounts and employer relationships completely separate, so I'm willing to forego the discount to maintain that separation.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to arjun90

Premium Member

to arjun90
Rebus9, et all,

There really isn't any catch to this. Many companies negotiate deals like this.
* Company A gets to offers its employees discounts on Company X's services or products.
* Company A would normally advertise these perks internally.
* Company X would get new business at a lower opportunity cost.
* The spend from the individual users may contribute to the contract between Company A and Company X.

(Usually MRC or count of widgets, not actual costs. Line numbers and call records, etc, are not shared to my knowledge).

The reason for the email verification is:

a) Its automated to send an email where-as it takes people to review a paystub.
b) Company A may periodically review the emails to see if anyone has left so Company X can remove the discounts.
c) Prevent abuse of the program from non-company employees signing up.

There was a similar program w/ Sprint years ago where they offered some really super cheap all included plans to employees of certain companies but there were no checks in place so everyone abused it by saying they were with a certain company and signing up for the program when they really were not.

There really isn't a reason NOT to take advantage of the discounts if available except if you really really don't want even the smallest association w/ work.
marctronixx
join:2003-09-08
Los Angeles, CA

marctronixx to Branch

to Branch
thank you.

ok, can you post a link? i typed in "Fios discount program" and nothing seemed like it was legit...
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

2 recommendations

UofMiamiGrad

Premium Member

said by marctronixx:

thank you.

ok, can you post a link? i typed in "Fios discount program" and nothing seemed like it was legit...

»verizonconnections.vzcom ··· tal.com/

arjun90
New York, NY

arjun90

You save an additional $5 / month if on Double Play, whereas on Triple Play, an additional $10 off.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to arjun90

to arjun90
I'm retired.

Does Verizon offer a senior discount?

Bill

dennismurphy
Premium Member
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy

Premium Member

said by billhere:

I'm retired.

Does Verizon offer a senior discount?

Bill

Military? I believe retired military qualify for VZ Connections.

Edit: yes indeed.
»www.veteransadvantage.co ··· zon-fios

arjun90
New York, NY

arjun90

Not sure about senior discounts, but you could perhaps inquire AARP discounts, and if the folks at Verizon are human (pun intended), they should be able to understand and give you the appropriate discount.
arjun90

4 edits

arjun90 to Branch

to Branch
Connections Discount is a Joke, really, it is. I'm sure everybody knows why.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by arjun90:

Connections Discount is a Joke, really, it is. I'm sure everybody knows why.

Why?

arjun90
New York, NY

arjun90

Because Verizon factors the $5 Connections Discount in the rate plan. Opt for the $114.99 rate plan and Verizon increases your rate to $119.99 (without you explicitly knowing); from there, they take $5 off to make you believe you're on the $114.99 rate which I find outrageous. Also, the rates available to you at Verizon's Upgrades and Renewals Page, shows the rates with the $5 Valued Customer Discount applied. Thus, a $124.99 rate plan is really $129.99 upon checkout, when you realize the valued customer discount is removed.

I hope you can follow what I mean. I'm trying to stress that no company shall take you for a ride. If you keep your records, receipts, and just about any log, and see the pattern of what you've been paying to any company, the rates go up, and the discounts are made to make you believe that you're being compensated---you're not.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

So your complaining that the rate they show on the site is what your paying and you are complaining about this? Customers have demanded the "final walk out the door price" for years

arjun90
New York, NY

2 edits

arjun90

When I attempt to upgrade to 150/150, it should be $15 more than what I am currently paying, $109.99. Thus, the rate should be $124.99. When I check out, my rate changes to $129.99 ($20 dollars more) telling me that I lose the $5 valued customer discount. Customer Service claims my rate drops to $119.99 after adding back my $5 valued customer discount and $5 Connections Discount. New Customers pay $124.99 for the same plans for Month's 1-24 without any special Discounts. Thus, that makes me believe only one of the two discounts is really being applied. Whatever happened to the other $5 dollars?

Why can't my plan be the $124.99, with the final rate plan price being set at $114.99 (After valued customer discount and connections discount applied); and this is for Extreme HD and 150/150 Internet.

Hope this clarifies what I mean, thanks for your understanding.
VilachanGiu
join:2013-10-21
Germantown, MD

VilachanGiu to arjun90

to arjun90
I know this is for company related-wise but is there one for "University/College" students? lol just curious
This can help a lot in the future, thanks!

arjun90
New York, NY

1 recommendation

arjun90

There should be educational discounts. Perhaps Customer Service can make a manual adjustment to your monthly bill. I'd contact Customer Service and inquire regarding this.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to PhoenixDown

Premium Member

to PhoenixDown
Sprint still does company discounts. It's 20% with the company I work for.

arjun90
New York, NY

arjun90

AT&T and T-Mobile does offer company discounts as well; if you're a federal employee, you get 5%-10% off depending on your employment. However, I don't think most customers are aware of the discounts available through their employers.

With FiOS if you have double play, your max connections discount is $5, whereas if you're on triple play, your connections discount is $10.

The only aspect which concerns me about this program is how the discount is applied. It's a little obscure to tell if the discount is coming off the Rate Plan, or off the total bill itself. If you're on a $129.99 package for Extreme HD and 150/150, customer service will tell you (depending on the number of discounts), that the rate plan drops to $119.99 if you have a $5 connections discount as well as $5 valued customer discount. However, the rate plan doesn't say $119.99 on the monthly bill. It will show $124.99 (with Valued Customer Discount Applied) with the Connections Discount applied toward the end of the bill.

It would have been a true discount if these types of discounts were applied to the rate plan; that way, including taxes and fees would be much cheaper than it is now.