4 edits

tester2

How to install FreeSwitch on win 7 PC successfully

Click for full size
Click for full size
hi guys I need your help, I already download this software
1)-Freeswitch.msi
2)-Git-2.6.3-32-bit

WHEN I RUN Git Bash : then I type this command "git clone »stash.freeswitch.org/scm ··· itch.git C:/FS_GIT/" in "Git Bash" window. After this like this window as Photo-1 shows.

WHEN I RUN Freeswitch : then I saw Photo-2 shows. And after showing this Photo-2 what exactly I have to type or how to setup all of my FPL lines on it.

So can any body help me out to install FreeSwitch or Asterick successfully on windows 7 PC.

And I like to know which software is more good either "FreeSwitch" or "Asterick", please let me know.

I have 3 FPL lines and I want to put all the FPL Lines on IP PBX system, to increase the functionality of this FPL lines.

Hopefully waiting for your replies.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
join:2014-08-20
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

I have never installed FreeSwitch on Windows but I have used it quite a bit under Debian Linux.

As far as I know, if you are installing from a '.msi' file, you should not need to use git. Git would be used for downloading source code to build FreeSwitch yourself.

An '.msi' file is a Windows install image containing the binary executable. From what I see in the second picture you posted, FreeSwtich is installed and running. Now I am sure it is not configured for your FPL lines.
tester2
join:2013-03-29

tester2

yes you are right, I am not getting any ERROR in 2nd picture, that means FreeSwitch is Installed Properly, thanks.

Now I have to configure FreeSwitch, so I like to know how to Add my 2 FPL Lines on this FreeSwitch system,. Please let me know from where I have to start.

Thanks for your great Answer, atleast I installed .msi file properly.
tester2

tester2

hi guys any help appricated in this freeswish configuration.

I already installed this freeswitch.

Please let me know "How to Configure for VOIP for FPL Lines"

Thanks
tester2

1 edit

tester2

Click for full size
Click for full size
I tried many commands, it is just showing "unknow commands" all the time
as shown in photo
jobr
join:2004-10-21
Halifax, NS

jobr

You can find configuration instructions for freephoneline.ca at »wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki ··· eline.ca

That said, I think you may be better off with a PBX that can be configured through a GUI. For instance, Fusionpbx (which uses Freeswitch) or
Freepbx (which uses Asterisk).
tester2

3 edits

tester2

Click for full size
you I have to download Fusionpbx, Yes I already install this Software on my PC and it is properly install on my PC, file name "fusionpbx_svn_gui", size 50.6MB file I install .

Is there any proper steps to get success in this PBX System to setup for FPL.

Because now my FS CONSOLE is Responding to any Command I am typing, so if you help me little more about this, I hope I will get success to setup my PBX system.

Please let me know.

Thanks

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to tester2

Premium Member

to tester2
Can I ask why you're doing this? reading this thread it seems like you're trying to figure out how to go to the moon or something.
tester2

1 edit

tester2

hi there, I just doing this to increase the FUNCTIONALITY of my FPL lines. Like Recording Conversation, Sending & Receiving FAX, Creating EXTENSION#s to Phones and some more necessery Functions I want to use by this PBX system.

You peoples are Experience in this Technology, so I need your little help to proceed in this little project.

I spend 2 days to get proper install that software on windows pc , that is "FreeSWITCH",

I already installed Software, when I give a command, it is responding. So please let me know HOW TO PUT 2 FPL LINES ON IP PBX FREESWITCH SYSTEM.

Thanks

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM

XCOM

Premium Member

said by tester2:

hi there, I just doing this to increase the FUNCTIONALITY of my FPL lines. Like Recording Conversation, Sending & Receiving FAX, Creating EXTENSION#s to Phones and some more necessery Functions I want to use by this PBX system.

You peoples are Experience in this Technology, so I need your little help to proceed in this little project.

I spend 2 days to get proper install that software on windows pc , that is "FreeSWITCH",

I already installed Software, when I give a command, it is responding. So please let me know HOW TO PUT 2 FPL LINES ON IP PBX FREESWITCH SYSTEM.

Thanks

My only advice to you is... that from the start you already made a bad decision by putting freeswitch on windows.
tester2

tester2

please Advice, instead of FreeSwitch, what other good IP PBX Software is more convenient for me. I will do that.

I know you are peoples having good experience about this all things, hope,

Thanks

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

The better question might be: Was the bad decision Freeswitch, or was it running it on Windows?

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense

1 recommendation

XCOM

Premium Member

said by graysonf:

The better question might be: Was the bad decision Freeswitch, or was it running it on Windows?

Running it on Windows.

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

2 recommendations

rodjames to tester2

Premium Member

to tester2
ditto to running on Windows being a no-no. It's just not ready for that kind of responsibility.

the world you're diving into is deep, beware.
tester2

tester2

I have Windows 7 PC, I read some threads, they advice in that threads FreeSwitch is for Windows. so I install FreeSwitch.

Please advice me which one is working better on Windows 7, then I install that software.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense

XCOM

Premium Member

said by tester2:

I have Windows 7 PC, I read some threads, they advice in that threads FreeSwitch is for Windows. so I install FreeSwitch.

Please advice me which one is working better on Windows 7, then I install that software.

Is that right?
All your questions are answered here:

»wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki ··· urations