Search similar:

uniqs
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
join:2004-09-07
united state

b10010011

[WiFi] Xfinity WiFi Authentication

I have the Xfinity WiFi app installed but my username and password (the one I use to log in to xfinity.com) is not accepted on "Xfinity" (secure) hotspots, but I have no problem connecting to Xfinitywifi (unsecured) hotspots.

Is there a different username and password I am supposed to use on "Xfinity" versus the "xfnitywifi" hotspots?

Are the secure hotspots an extra charge I am supposed to sign up for?

Moto-X 2nd Gen, Android 6.0 "Marshmallow"
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

1 recommendation

ExoticFish

The "Xfinity" SSIDs may be the customers own SSID they use. As far as I know you may only connect to the unsecured hotspots using your login info.
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
united state

b10010011

said by ExoticFish:

The "Xfinity" SSIDs may be the customers own SSID they use. As far as I know you may only connect to the unsecured hotspots using your login info.

Interesting, then what is the purpose of the Xfinity WiFi app and why does it need, but reject my login information?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad to b10010011

MVM

to b10010011
The hotspots with the "XFINITY" SSIDs are "Enterprise Enabled" hotspots with added security features.

See this previous thread on how to connect to them: »Re: [WiFi] Why are Xfinitywifi hotspots so unreliable?
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
united state

b10010011

Yeah, that does not work. As I said my username and password are rejected.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

said by b10010011:

Go to »wifi.xfinity.com/ and click on Security at the top.
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
united state

2 edits

2 recommendations

b10010011

Click for full size
said by telcodad:

said by b10010011:

Been there done that, as you can see the Android app does not offer a separate security profile to be downloaded.

Clicking on the link takes you to the Google Play store to download and install the Xfinity WiFI app.
madbavarian
join:2013-03-05
Fremont, CA
Motorola MB8600
Netgear WNDR3700v4
(Software) lede

3 recommendations

madbavarian

You might want to try a laptop to get a second opinion. It might be that the android version you are running doesn't like that particular authentication method. On the other hand it could also just be someone spoofing a Comcast SSID hoping that someone would enter a valid username/password pair.

BTW. I had downloaded the same app to my Android phone (Nexus 6) running the latest android version at the time. I had to uninstall the app because it would latch onto one non-functional Comcast WIFI AP after another. Android doesn't appear to run "happy eyeballs" for that aspect of connectivity and never switched to using the cell towers for internet connectivity. My internet connectivity would be down till I switched WIFI off.
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
united state

b10010011

said by b10010011:

said by telcodad:

said by b10010011:

Been there done that, as you can see the Android app does not offer a separate security profile to be downloaded.

Clicking on the link takes you to the Google Play store to download and install the Xfinity WiFI app.

Maybe in the app there is a way to download the security profile but I will never know because I can not get past the login screen.

"You have entered an invalid Username or Password (Error Code:0108)"

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

2 recommendations

telcodad

MVM

said by b10010011:

Maybe in the app there is a way to download the security profile but I will never know because I can not get past the login screen.

Are you entering your Comcast account email/username [username@comcast.net] and password?
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
united state

2 recommendations

b10010011

said by telcodad:

said by b10010011:

Are you entering your Comcast account email/username [username@comcast.net] and password?

Yes I am, and I have tried this many many times with the same results.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

2 recommendations

telcodad

MVM

said by b10010011:

said by telcodad:

said by b10010011:

Yes I am, and I have tried this many many times with the same results.

OK, well it may be some issue with the app linking to your account, as it worked fine for me just before.