All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cmoullas
join:2009-04-26
Brossard, QC

cmoullas

[Anveo] Setting up Anveo Direct with FusionPBX/Freeswitch?

I'm trying to get outbound calls working using an Anveo Direct account on FusionPBX. Their trunks are a bit odd in that they authenticate based on IP address and not on user/pass.

I managed to get outbound calling working in FreePBX without too much hassle after doing some Googling but can't seem to get it working in Freeswitch. Anybody have experience with this or a sample configuration for the gatway/oubound routes?
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
join:2014-08-20
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

I have FreeSwitch working for outbound calls with Anveo Direct and it works very well.

I don't quite understand what you are asking though. Are you trying to configure outbound calling through FusionPBX or by editing the FreeSwitch XML files directly?
cmoullas
Brossard, QC

cmoullas

I'm using FusionPBX through the GUI but an not averse to editing the XML config files if it's easier. The FusionPBX GUI just exposes the XML options anyways so even a sample config would probably be enough to get me going.

In FusionPBX I had to set "register" to false so that it would allow me to not enter a username/password. Not sure if this is part of the issue or not. My outbound routes have the following data: sofia/gateway/9cbe20f1-3314-4e5b-a0cf-c48d8e6a3bc4/012345$1

Where 012345 would be the prefix.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

1 recommendation

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

Okay, here is my exact dial string when placing an outgoing call through Anveo Direct. I assume you are talking about calls in Canada and the USA, yes? I have placed calls to other countries using Anveo Direct, but it was a long time ago.

sofia/external/tttttt1nnnnnnnnnn@sbc.anveo.com

tttttt = Dialing Prefix

This is the 6 character Dialing Prefix you define in the outbound trunk on the Anveo Direct website. The website says it has to start with '0', but I don't believe that is true.

nnnnnnnnnn = 10 digit number being called

Do you have the "@sbc.anveo.com" in the dial string after the number you have calling.

You mentioned this in you initial post, but have you set the Authorized IP Addresses in your outbound trunk on Anveo?
cmoullas
Brossard, QC

cmoullas

Thanks for the reply. I was missing the @sbc.anveo.com in my dial string, but it still isn't working for some reason. The log shows the following:

63b49358-8be7-41a4-8903-99218107b69c 2016-08-09 15:03:22.091061 [INFO] mod_dptools.c:3401 Originate Failed. Cause: NORMAL_TEMPORARY_FAILURE
63b49358-8be7-41a4-8903-99218107b69c 2016-08-09 15:03:22.091061 [DEBUG] switch_ivr_originate.c:3750 Originate Resulted in Error Cause: 41 [NORMAL_TEMPORARY_FAILURE]
3e4849ed-f78d-428d-a245-1d884d70c8f2 2016-08-09 15:03:22.091061 [DEBUG] switch_core_session.c:1647 Session 111 (sofia/external/tttttt1nnnnnnnnnn@SBC.ANVEO.COM) Locked, Waiting on external entities

I'm thinking this is an issue with the gateway configuration. This is the status I have in FusionPBX for the gateway:

Gateway Context Status Action State Hostname Enabled Description
Anveo_Direct public Running Stop NOREG True Outbound Trunk
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

I don't know if this helps, because I have never used FusionPBX. I just use FreeSwitch directly. But I know that I don't have a gateway defined for Anveo Direct.

In your second post, you showed your dial string as follows:

sofia/gateway/9cbe20f1-3314-4e5b-a0cf-c48d8e6a3bc4/012345$1

What is the "9cbe20f1-3314-4e5b-a0cf-c48d8e6a3bc4"? Is that some sort of trunk ID assigned by FusionPBX?

Can you replace "sofia/gateway/9cbe20f1-3314-4e5b-a0cf-c48d8e6a3bc4" with "sofia/external" as it is in my dial string?
cmoullas
Brossard, QC

cmoullas

I tried the dial string the way yours is and it doesn't work either. That said...

I jumped back into Asterisk with which I am much more familiar and tried to place an oubound call with the Anveo Direct account and it failed as well this time. I checked the Asterisk logs and clear as day it said:

[2016-08-09 18:24:03] VERBOSE[1770][C-00000077] chan_sip.c: Got SIP response 503 "Low Balance" back from 50.22.101.14:5060

The balance is positive but it had just dropped below $0.50 and I think the outbound requires a "minimum balance" of $1. I guess maybe they round up when doing the calculation or something. Gaaaah, I've wasted all day on this!!!

So I've topped up the account to continue testing and I'll have to try again once the balance is updated.

In the meantime, it seems that FreeSwitch defaults to port 5080 on the external profile. Is Anveo Direct able to handle this or will I need to modify the default config to use port 5060 somehow? FreeSwitch does not seem interested in starting the external gateway on the same port as the internal one (5060).
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

Unfortunately I am not sure about that. As I said, I do not have any gateways defined for Anveo Direct, either for inbound or outbound calls.

Most of my FreeSwitch is based on Python scripts which I have developed to handle the routing of both incoming and outgoing calls.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to cmoullas

Premium Member

to cmoullas
said by cmoullas:

I managed to get outbound calling working in FreePBX without too much hassle after doing some Googling but can't seem to get it working in Freeswitch. Anybody have experience with this or a sample configuration for the gatway/oubound routes?

Without looking through your XML configuration files, your guess is as good as anyone's else.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to cmoullas

to cmoullas
said by cmoullas:

In the meantime, it seems that FreeSwitch defaults to port 5080 on the external profile. Is Anveo Direct able to handle this or will I need to modify the default config to use port 5060 somehow?

Unless your firewall is blocking outbound packets sourced from port 5080 or replies directed to your local port 5080, outgoing calls should work normally.

For incoming calls, on the Anveo portal, set up the SIP URI for your Destination SIP Trunk as e.g. $[E164]$@11.22.33.44:5080
Your firewall needs to allow the incoming INVITE to port 5080 from 5 Anveo addresses; see »anveodirect.com/about/faq .
cmoullas
Brossard, QC

cmoullas

Thanks for the replies everybody. I was finally able to get it to work thanks to the suggestion by CatsEyeX about how to set up the dial string.

This is what I have right now using FusionPBX and it is working for me (under Dialplan | Outbound Routes):

sofia/gateway/sbc.anveo.com/tttttt1$1@sbc.anveo.com

Where:
sbc.anveo.com = gateway name
tttttt = dialing prefix set in Anveo
1 = final number after prefix to append 1 to the number being dialed out
$1 = the callee number (set as a variable by FusionPBX)
@sbc.anveo.com is required

It also seems that Sofia will not start the external gateway without one being defined, so I had to add one to make it work. Not sure if it's used or not.

Hope this helps anybody looking for the answer to this in the future. If I can find the XML config file that corresponds to this config I'll try to add it to the FreeSwitch Wiki for future reference. Thanks for the help everyone