All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Anon47dd5
@teksavvy.com

Anon47dd5

Anon

[TekTalk] What is password for Grandstream HT812 supplied by TS?

From a Grandstream HT812 user guide, the admin password is supposed to be admin, and a user-level pw is supposed to be 123. Neither one work on the unit I'm playing with right now. Does TS change or set the PW to something different if you obtain this box from them?

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast
Premium Member
join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON

RizzleQ

Premium Member

said by Anon47dd5 :

Does TS change or set the PW to something different

Yes, after it connects to their servers and provisions.

TSI Joseph
Premium Member
join:2015-04-13
Chatham, ON

TSI Joseph to Anon47dd5

Premium Member

to Anon47dd5
said by Anon47dd5 :

From a Grandstream HT812 user guide, the admin password is supposed to be admin, and a user-level pw is supposed to be 123. Neither one work on the unit I'm playing with right now. Does TS change or set the PW to something different if you obtain this box from them?

The user level password for our HT-812 is h7y6GFv5hjk54D!!D9. Please note we will not provide the admin password to customers.

Regards,

Joseph
Dial_a_Tech
join:2013-01-22
Windsor, ON

2 recommendations

Dial_a_Tech

*whistles* That's quite the password! Can't even imagine trying to say that over the phone, lmao!

Though I'm wondering if that should be posted online? I have to assume something with 87 bits of entropy is designed to be secure from brute force attacks. Having it readily come up in a google search kind of defeats that purpose though, doesn't it?

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast
Premium Member
join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR

3 recommendations

RizzleQ

Premium Member

said by Dial_a_Tech:

I'm wondering if that should be posted online?

Yeah, having it be easily searchable online makes it only marginally more secure than 123.

Anon47dd5
@teksavvy.com

Anon47dd5 to RizzleQ

Anon

to RizzleQ
So you are not allowed to access the 812 setup via http? Is there a way to change or set the admin PW through a connected telco handset?
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario
Technicolor TC4350
Asus RT-AC56
Grandstream HandyTone 702/704

1 recommendation

bjlockie

Why do you want to change the setup?
If Teksavvy allowed that and a customer made their phone not work then it increases support costs for Teksavvy.
TekTalk is for customers who just want it to work.
There are other voip providers for technical customers.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds to TSI Joseph

Premium Member

to TSI Joseph
said by TSI Joseph:

Please note we will not provide the admin password to customers.

Can it be provided to ex-customers?

TSI Sean
Premium Member
join:2015-10-14
Chatham, ON

TSI Sean

Premium Member

No we cannot.

If it is a Grandstreams then when you factory reset it, everything should be wiped out and the password should revert back to Grandstream defaults. Only once it re-provisions again should it change back (Can test by resetting with no WAN connected). We can take steps to prevent it from re-provisioning with us.
thehammer86
join:2015-10-18
SmartRG SR505N
TP-Link TC-7650
(Software) pfSense

1 edit

thehammer86 to kevinds

to kevinds
said by kevinds:

said by TSI Joseph:

Please note we will not provide the admin password to customers.

Can it be provided to ex-customers?

When I wanted to take full control of my HT502 I allowed a Teksavvy rep to screen share with me. We had problems at first though. He would enter the admin password (hidden as dots of course) then I would enter my new admin password. But as soon as the device rebooted it would grab the config from Teksavvy and revert.

The key is to disable the provisioning directly on the HT502. Then any time the device powers up it won't look there anymore. You can then of course overwrite a new config if you have something like a TFTP server set up on a server or directly on your PBX if you use one.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

Interesting...

I was under the impression that TSI would unlock them and leave them that way..

This means, when it is reset, it will lock again... Interesting

TSI Sean
Premium Member
join:2015-10-14
Chatham, ON

TSI Sean

Premium Member

Yes indeed. Simply changing the password isn't going to work, since once it re-provisions again you will end up back with our password. We can just remove the ATA from the system on our end, so it will still attempt to provision but when it hits our server it won't end up getting anything back.