Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
Trenton, MI

2 recommendations

computerman2 to netnothing

Premium Member

to netnothing

Re: [Firmware] Comcast DPC3941T New Firmwire Loaded last night

Report in Offical Xfinity Forums on a second update for DPC 3941T models, version 2.3p15s2_PROD_sey, no changelog or anything on it, same for one noticed yesterday though
Soups
join:2015-10-15
USA

2 recommendations

Soups

Like the 3941 the 1682G has had several updates, the lights can behave differently each time. Recently using the 1682G when setting bridge mode, the wifi lights do go out initially. If doing a quick reset (not a factory reset) or a powercycle the lights start to flash at 1 sec intervals...., but the home gateway wireless remains off.
Don't forget even if the xfinitywifi hotspot is disabled, the hidden Xfinity Home securiy still broadcasts on 2.4
On the 1682G there are two other hidden SSID's on 2.4 and 5 could also be for Xfinity Home securty....But who knows?
netnothing
join:2003-01-03
Derry, NH

2 recommendations

netnothing to computerman2

to computerman2
I talked with a Comcast tech on the Direct forums and he said there was a bug in the latest firmware with the lights. He mentioned having an option to disable under Wifi. He went into my gateway and disabled the radios for me.

Guessing the new update you talk about might fix that issue, as it definitely isn't behaving as it used to.

-Kevin
VONF
join:2015-10-22
usa

3 recommendations

VONF to Soups

to Soups
I was originally able to log into my xfinity gateway and disable the public xfinity wfi but no anymore. Does anyone have updates to these ... thanks.
disabling xfinity hotspot:
10.0.0.1/wireless_network_configuration_edit_public.php?id=5
10.0.0.1/wireless_network_configuration_edit_public.php?id=6
disabling xfinity home:
10.0.0.1/wireless_network_configuration_edit.php?id=3
netnothing
join:2003-01-03
Derry, NH

1 recommendation

netnothing

I always turned the public hotspot off via the Xfinity app on iOS on via my account online: »customer.xfinity.com/#/s ··· internet

-Kevin

Samir
join:2010-02-06
Madison, AL

2 recommendations

Samir to VONF

to VONF
Lights bug my butt! Looks like they've locked out the ability to shut off their ssids.
Soups
join:2015-10-15
USA

2 edits

2 recommendations

Soups to VONF

to VONF
Nah, actually with the 1682G I was only able to disable the Xfinity Home 2.4 network. For this device, with subsequent firmware updates this (workaround) has been taken away. The hotspot had and still does AFAIK have to be disabled in the account.
I would think that if you want to be free of Comcast hotspots, buy your own device?

(not quite sure what the big deal is with DPC3941T firmware updates is, it's their gear, get used to it) lol.