spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Anon902ba
@suddenlink.net

1 recommendation

Anon902ba

Anon

Suddenlink sold my name/address to junk mail companies?

Why does Suddenlink need the extra income by selling my name/address to junk mail companies?

I know that it was Suddenlnk because my Suddenlink bill is the *only* mail that I get that has my name spelled incorrectly. (Kathrine -> Kathaerine, notice the extra *ae* in the middle). It was misspelled by the Suddenlink rep when I signed up for service over 5 years ago. At the time, I just moved to the town and didn't bother correcting them. Eventually, I just ignored it, since my bills are automatically paid each month. Then a couple of years ago, the junk mails started arriving, with that misspelled name.

I toss junk mail out as soon as I bring them inside the house.. It's just annoying...
StR
join:2009-11-10
College Station, TX

StR

That's only the tip of the iceberg.
You don't like that? It will be even worse.
Your elected representatives "sold" you, your privacy, and even security of your personal information:
»arstechnica.com/tech-pol ··· ng-data/
Suddenlink
join:2009-08-26

Suddenlink to Anon902ba

to Anon902ba
Hello - Dawn here, with Suddenlink. We explain our privacy practices, including how customers can make choices about their data and personally identifiable information (PII), in our privacy policy, available atĀ www.suddenlink.com/privacy-policy. Please feel free to email me directly if you have any questions or concerns. My email address is socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks, -Dawn

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC
Hitron CDA3
(Software) OpenBSD + pf

Chubbzie to Anon902ba

to Anon902ba
said by "https://www.suddenlink.com/privacy-policy" :
You also have the right to prohibit or limit disclosure of your personally identifiable information for "mailing list" or other purposes as described above in this notice. You may contact us online at customer.service@suddenlink.net, or at the mailing address located on your billing statement to restrict such disclosures. Please include your name, address and account number when contacting us for this purpose.
zroger73
join:2004-07-01
White Oak, TX

zroger73 to Anon902ba

to Anon902ba
I saved up all the junk mail I received from Suddenlink over a year - several pounds of it. It was mostly promotional advertisements for heavily-discounted service that only applied to new customers. I boxed it up and shipped it to Dexter Goei along with a nice, long letter explaining the contents. I've not received a single piece of junk mail from Suddenlink in months.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

3 recommendations

moldypickle

Premium Member

Or you could call in and ask to be removed. I did a year ago and haven't received a single advert.
zroger73
White Oak, TX

zroger73

I tried tried that - multiple times - through chat and phone. It didn't work for me.

whocares256
''Hardware Junkie''
Premium Member
join:2002-03-10
Motorola MB8600
Netgear SRX5308
EnGenius EAP1750H

whocares256 to Anon902ba

Premium Member

to Anon902ba
There are 2 things that you can do that will infulance them from sending junk mail.

1. Shred the junk mail and mail it back in the prepaid return envelope.
2. Shred the Junk mail and send a " Remove me from Your mailing List" in the prepaid return envelope.
zroger73
White Oak, TX

zroger73

said by zroger73:

I saved up all the junk mail I received from Suddenlink over a year - several pounds of it. It was mostly promotional advertisements for heavily-discounted service that only applied to new customers. I boxed it up and shipped it to Dexter Goei along with a nice, long letter explaining the contents. I've not received a single piece of junk mail from Suddenlink in months.

Well, that didn't last long. I recently started receiving junk mail from Suddenlink again. It's not just paper letters - it's thick, plastic-coated sheets. I'm saving it up again and will dump another box on Dexter Goei's desk just like I did last year.