Search similar:

uniqs
DwayneH
join:2015-07-03
Nepean, ON

DwayneH to TSI Paul

to TSI Paul

Re: [Cable] ipv6 on rCable coming soon?

Hi TSI Paul, have you deployed anywhere yet ? how's the rollout progressing ? Thx!
TSI Paul
Teksavvy
Premium Member
join:2015-09-16
Peterborough, ON

3 recommendations

TSI Paul

Premium Member

said by DwayneH:

Hi TSI Paul, have you deployed anywhere yet ? how's the rollout progressing ? Thx!

Yes the rollouts have started - I don't have a list handy but plan is still on track for end of August ...

Thanks,
Paul
shchvova
join:2018-05-09
Etobicoke, ON

shchvova

Hello! Monthly check in. Any updates?
kanatar
join:2008-07-05

3 recommendations

kanatar to DwayneH

to DwayneH
Just got my V6 IP assigned to me yesterday. DHCPv6 with PD. I'm in Kanata.
Seems to be working fine!
dtsang
join:2003-08-16
Toronto, ON

2 recommendations

dtsang to TSI Paul

to TSI Paul
I have an IPv6 address too! located in Toronto on rCable

Nagilum
Premium Member
join:2012-08-15
Kitchener, ON

2 recommendations

Nagilum to TSI Paul

Premium Member

to TSI Paul
IPv6 address confirmed as well. Kitchener area on rCable.
DwayneH
join:2015-07-03
Nepean, ON

1 edit

DwayneH to kanatar

to kanatar
Yay! Me too! And thanks for the update!

I do have an issue though.
I have DPC3848 and it works in bridged mode only. When in router mode I expected the IPv6 LAN setup (namely the system delegated prefix) to populate but it doesn't.
Does this mean the router mode on DPC3848 is not supported? Or will support come later?

AltHostGreg
join:2010-07-23
Kanata, ON

AltHostGreg to kanatar

to kanatar
I'm seeing the same here in Kanata as well!
AltHostGreg

1 recommendation

AltHostGreg to TSI Paul

to TSI Paul
Now we have IPv6, could we get a little info on the address assignments? I see the external IPv6 is a different subnet on my router than the internal subnet (expected), but I don't see a relation between the IP assigned to my router and the subnet assigned to my devices behind the router (on HE Tunnel Broker the external subnet was one lower than the internal subnet).

I do have some cloud services that are IP limited for security, when configuring IP ranges for them, should I be using 2607:f2c0:e4bc:xxxx::/64, or could we be assigned a different fourth octet if our connection is offline for a while or Rogers makes yet another change, like they do from time to time that causes DHCPv4 to lose our leases? If so, I assume I would want 2607:f2c0:e4bc::/48?
ankost
join:2018-08-15

1 recommendation

ankost

Cable interface address and Prefix-Delegation for LAN are assigned from different address pools, so different IPv6 prefixes. Technically, they are not related to each other. Leases are not permanent, so I'd expect the same behavior as for IPv4. It has quite long lease time and hold period, but if a router stays offline longer than hold period the new address will be assigned.
NebRanger
lol, internet
join:2015-07-15
Toronto, ON

NebRanger to TSI Paul

to TSI Paul
Turned on IPv6 on the router and BAM! We're live in Toronto.
jmurugan
join:2010-10-07
canada

jmurugan

I can also confirm that after I enabled IPv6 "native" on my router (Asus RT-AC86U) - IPv6 is now enabled on my Teksavvy rCable (Richmond Hill; 150/15 package; TP-Link TC7650 modem).

Question though. When I tested using the site »ipv6-test.com/ I can only get a score of 19/20.
The missing item is "Hostname". Anyone know if there's a user-side fix to get a full 20/20 score?
NebRanger
lol, internet
Toronto, ON

NebRanger

Hostnames (PTRs) are on TSI's end.

This is weird since running nslookup on the IPv6 address produces a node-[host].ipv6.teksavvy.com hostname, but it's not visible to anything else.
jmurugan
canada

jmurugan

How does this issue (if it is truly an issue?) affect our IPv6 functionality?
NebRanger
lol, internet
Toronto, ON

NebRanger

Simply put, it doesn't. You can still connect to the IPv6 Internet, but your address doesn't have a friendly name associated with it.
shchvova
join:2018-05-09
Etobicoke, ON

2 edits

shchvova to jmurugan

to jmurugan
I have Technicolor DPC3848V DOCSIS 3.0 GatewayDPC3848V
Tried rebooting it, still ipv6-test.com says that ipv6 is not supported & »ipv6.google.com/ cannot be reached.

I live in Toronto/Etobicoke
I'm just looking for advice how (if) I can configure my router. Only thing I find with ipv6 is Setup -> IPv6 LAN Setup, and it is set to defaults: »i.imgur.com/lOdJPZs.png
And Status -> Gateway has only ipv4 section: »i.imgur.com/0NKOSqL.png
Pinging »[2607:f8b0:4004:810::200e]/ from router doesn't work either »i.imgur.com/WjWjlxJ.png
shchvova

1 recommendation

shchvova to TSI Paul

to TSI Paul
Can someone give definitive answer if "Technicolor DPC3848V DOCSIS 3.0 GatewayDPC3848V" supports IPv6?

TSI Stephen
Premium Member
join:2017-09-13
Chatham, ON

2 recommendations

TSI Stephen

Premium Member

rCable areas do show the 3848V as a supported modem for IPv6. I think that it's possible your area is not ready for IPv6 yet.

Anon51111
@teksavvy.com

Anon51111 to shchvova

Anon

to shchvova
I have a Cisco DPC3848 and it works just fine with IPv6.
Datalink
Premium Member
join:2014-08-11
Ottawa ON

Datalink to TSI Stephen

Premium Member

to TSI Stephen
Fwiw, IPV6 deployment across rcable's network was completed several months ago. If you're not seeing an IPV6 address at the modem, then that's probably a CMTS configuration issue, or, there is some issue with Rogers/TSI integration at the CMTS. That would have to be brought to the attention of the TSI and Rogers engineering staff. By now, there shouldn't be any issue with obtaining an IPV6 address on the Rogers network.

TSI Stephen
Premium Member
join:2017-09-13
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Stephen

Premium Member

We were advised that the IPV6 rollout has begun but it not yet complete across all areas yet.
Datalink
Premium Member
join:2014-08-11
Ottawa ON

Datalink

Premium Member

That doesn't make much sense at this point in time. Not trying to argue the point, but, its hard to believe that Etobicoke isn't ready for IPV6. Maybe the question to ask is whether or not the advisement that the "IPV6 rollout" means IPV6 services in total, across the rcable network for rcable customers, or, does it mean "IPV6 services for TPIAs and their customers at this point in time"?

TSI Leanne
Premium Member
join:2013-10-25
Chatham, ON

TSI Leanne

Premium Member

As TSI Paul mentioned the rollout has started but it does take time for all areas to be activated and enabled. Their goal is still the end of August to have everywhere completed. Depending on the POI in question it could be taking longer than some other areas. I can tell you I keep seeing more and more every day. Most likely it will be active in the next week. The IPv6 rollout in question right now is strictly in Rcable areas.
TSI Paul
Teksavvy
Premium Member
join:2015-09-16
Peterborough, ON

TSI Paul to Datalink

Premium Member

to Datalink
said by Datalink:

Fwiw, IPV6 deployment across rcable's network was completed several months ago. If you're not seeing an IPV6 address at the modem, then that's probably a CMTS configuration issue, or, there is some issue with Rogers/TSI integration at the CMTS. That would have to be brought to the attention of the TSI and Rogers engineering staff. By now, there shouldn't be any issue with obtaining an IPV6 address on the Rogers network.

The rollout was not completed several months ago - a small number of areas were rolled out for testing. It's only recently that the full rollout has been happening and is still on track for end of August - most areas are done and would suggest for folks who don't see an IPv6 address by September to contact us so we can confirm.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

So my Grandmother had a weird issue. She has had her laptop for 8 years and is setup on windows mail. It's worked flawlessly beyond the odd need to reboot her modem. She told me her email hasn't worked for over 2 weeks. I check it out, windows mail says Gmail is rejecting her password despite retyping it. So I log into the website, they want a phone number to text to reactivate the account (she doesn't have a cell so good thing I was helping). Her email has a bunch of critical security alerts and shows an ipv6 address. I determine that it is her. I wonder if TSI flipping the ipv6 switch caused the security flag to wave over at Google? From their end they would see an 8 year old account using POP3 flip from a fairly static ipv4 address to ipv6. (Which seems to switch up the last couple sets of numbers a bit between security alerts).
jmurugan
canada

jmurugan

Question for all IPv6 users on rCable:

Do you have your router set to "stateless" or "stateful"?

I have had my Asus router set to "stateless" so far.
However the other day when I did one of those "ipv6 tests" from my Pixel phone (whilst connected to wifi - therefore RCable), it reported that my phone was using SLAAC without privacy extensions, and recommended I try "stateful" instead.

Thoughts?

Anon51111
@66.48.12.x

Anon51111

Anon

I use stateless because I couldn't get stateful to work at all on my ASUS router (RT-AC68U with Merlin firmware). I only have one device on my network that hasn't implemented IPv6 privacy extensions - all the other devices have IPv6 addresses without the MAC address octets in them.
jmurugan
canada

1 recommendation

jmurugan

curious, which of your devices doesn't have the Privacy Extensions? is it an android device, if so which version?

Anon51111
@teksavvy.com

Anon51111

Anon

said by jmurugan:

curious, which of your devices doesn't have the Privacy Extensions? is it an android device, if so which version?

It's a QNAP NAS.
cyc66
join:2007-09-16
Kitchener, ON

cyc66 to DwayneH

to DwayneH
Just enabled ipv6 here and it's working but ICMP is being filtered (Which is bad for ipv6). Anyone else seeing "FILTERED" next to icmp here? -> »ipv6-test.com/