spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

1 edit

Chuck_IV

[CATV] Spectrum no longer working with Watch ESPN???

I went to authorize my iPhone with WatchESPN and Charter/Spectrum isn't even an OPTION to choose anymore. Did Charter actually drop support for this?

**EDIT**
I still seem to be able to use it on my NVidia shield(for now), however it was authorized previously, so I don;t know if I'll eventually lose it.

terabitz
join:2016-10-16
Thonotosassa, FL
·Frontier Communi..
ARRIS NVG468MQ
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Cisco 7941/7961

terabitz

Click for full size
It’s appearing for me.

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

4 recommendations

Suit Up to Chuck_IV

to Chuck_IV
I figured it out. When you first launch WatchESPN (with the current version, it didn't used to do this) it asks if it can access your TV Provider (aka Single Sign-On). If you hit yes, then it only uses the iPhone's TV providers list, of which Spectrum is not yet an option. If you click no, then it will use it's own internal providers list, for which Spectrum is an option. So if you've already hit yes, then you need to go to the Settings app, scroll down to WatchESPN, and turn off the the TV Provider option.

terabitz
Thonotosassa, FL
·Frontier Communi..
ARRIS NVG468MQ
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Cisco 7941/7961

terabitz

L-BHN here. Spectrum may not yet be an option in iOS’s settings, but “Charter Spectrum” is there, and both that and “Bright House Networks - Spectrum” work for me since some providers now have the single Spectrum login, while iOS may not recognize that.

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

2 edits

Suit Up

said by terabitz:

L-BHN here. Spectrum may not yet be an option in iOS’s settings, but “Charter Spectrum” is there, and both that and “Bright House Networks - Spectrum” work for me since some providers now have the single Spectrum login, while iOS may not recognize that.

Neither Spectrum, Charter, Charter Spectrum, TWC, nor BHN are on Apple's supported list: »support.apple.com/en-us/HT208084

terabitz
Thonotosassa, FL

terabitz

Right, but you can still select them in iOS 11 (not in iOS 10 or lower) and when prompted for TV credentials in any sappy, it’ll go straight to the login page instead of choosing your provider in-app.
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

1 recommendation

Chuck_IV to Suit Up

to Suit Up
said by Suit Up:

I figured it out. When you first launch WatchESPN (with the current version, it didn't used to do this) it asks if it can access your TV Provider (aka Single Sign-On). If you hit yes, then it only uses the iPhone's TV providers list, of which Spectrum is not yet an option. If you click no, then it will use it's own internal providers list, for which Spectrum is an option. So if you've already hit yes, then you need to go to the Settings app, scroll down to WatchESPN, and turn off the the TV Provider option.

Nice find. That was it. It would be nice if they set up a little better.