Search similar:

uniqs

incognito_2u
join:2005-03-15
Malverne, NY

incognito_2u to RichLux

to RichLux

Re: [Networking] G1100 5ghz not working

So much for the Chromecast causing the disconnecting. I unplugged my Chromecast and reset my router. 5ghz resumed for about 1 hour, then disconnected again......

UnloadedOne
join:2015-04-04
Astoria, NY

UnloadedOne to RichLux

to RichLux
I have 2 Chromecasts and 2 Google home minis and not once have I had an issue since putting my Asus router in AP mode. I don't think it's the Chromecast or Google home devices.

Anonf5f36
@2600:1002.x

1 recommendation

Anonf5f36 to webcobbler

Anon

to webcobbler
Question is, what the heck happened to the UI Version: v1.0.294
Firmware Version 02.00.01.05 firmware update that was reported last week? »Re: Latest G1100 Firmware?
Wouldn’t this one have “fixed” the issue? (I know someone said it didn’t.)

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

2 recommendations

Mike Wolf to PhoenixOne

to PhoenixOne
It seems Google is placing the blame on the Cast feature from Android phones, and it does mention a fix to Google Play in Android, but nothing about there being a firmware fix to Chromecast and Google Home devices directly. »support.google.com/chrom ··· /7634752
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to Anonf5f36

to Anonf5f36
I would not know, until I receive said Router Update myself.
vastofmd2
join:2007-06-26
Alexandria, VA

vastofmd2 to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf
Yeah, this has me concerned, too. I've been on Android Oreo since last September (including beta), AND had 2 Google Homes and 2 Chromecasts for months before that with zero issues. I added a Google Home Mini to the network in November, and bam, dropped/crashing wifi all day long. I'm convinced that there need to be firmware updates to all Home/Cast devices, but we're not hearing about that...again, I'm worried!

Anon491e1
@level3.com

Anon491e1 to RichLux

Anon

to RichLux
Well, my 5G went down again after a couple days of working. It was not my LG TV causing the issue after all. I have an Android TV, Windows PC, Android Phone and tablet, a roku, and a google home mini. All work fine on 2.4. Stumped.
blushrts
join:2001-01-06
New Cumberland, PA

blushrts

said by blushrts:

I'm glad I found this thread. Have been having issues with 5Ghz since December. Right about when I got a Chromecast. Unplugged 3 days ago and have had no issues with 5Ghz since.

spoke too soon, lost connection last night shortly after typing the above.
bob550
join:2001-02-13
Glenmont, NY

bob550

said by blushrts:

said by blushrts:

I'm glad I found this thread. Have been having issues with 5Ghz since December. Right about when I got a Chromecast. Unplugged 3 days ago and have had no issues with 5Ghz since.

spoke too soon, lost connection last night shortly after typing the above.

As others have, I've also lost connection to 5G. My solution was to change 5G to a static broadcast channel. For the better part of a week, all was good. Then, the 5G connection was dropped again. This problem seems so random as to completely deter any diagnosis.

Anoneb429
@verizon.net

Anoneb429

Anon

My 1200Mbps Wireless USB Wifi Adapter, FayTun USB Wifi Adapter,AC1200 Dual Band 2.4GHz/300Mbps+5GHz/867Mbps,802.11 ac/a/b/g/n High Gain Antenna Network Lan Card Support Windows XP/7/8/10,MAC,OSX/Linux was great....... till this week.

Anon26418
@bluecoat.com

Anon26418 to RichLux

Anon

to RichLux
I have had the same issue, and after replacing the router and 10 calls to Verizon to sit through a bunch of "troubleshooting" that I knew wouldn't work; one rep just told me that they have a known issue with the firmware. He said he had an advisory from 12/15 and that it was going to take a month to complete.

I didn't see any details on what they think the firmware issue root cause is, but hopefully it completely solves it and hopefully it's soon
lozzd
join:2018-01-01

lozzd to RichLux

to RichLux
I just installed the Google Play Services update (»www.androidpolice.com/20 ··· devices/) manually on our two Pixels, we'll see if that stops the issue. It's been happening 4-5 times a day (needing a reboot) so fingers crossed.

PhoenixOne
join:2009-12-16
Old Bethpage, NY

PhoenixOne

said by PhoenixOne:

Since last losing 5g, I've been leaving my wifi on 2.4.
I needed to update a boatload of apps on my phone so I switched it to 5g to take advantage of the extra speed bump even though I knew the connection was probably only going to be temporary.
For shits and giggles, I left it on 5g and since then, I haven't lost 5g connection.
Was it quietly fixed?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone. LOL!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Isn't this fun? (sarcasm)
Not trying anymore snake oil.
I'm just going to have to hurry up and wait for them to fix it.
TimCo
join:2005-01-14
Ronkonkoma, NY

3 recommendations

TimCo

The only thing VZ is in a hurry for, is for you to pay the Bill.
lozzd
join:2018-01-01

lozzd

said by lozzd:

I just installed the Google Play Services update (»www.androidpolice.com/20 ··· devices/) manually on our two Pixels, we'll see if that stops the issue. It's been happening 4-5 times a day (needing a reboot) so fingers crossed.

It's been 24 hours since upgrading to Google Play Services 11.9.74 (it didn't happen automatically like they said it would, so did it manually) and no 5Ghz drops. Don't want to jinx it...

incognito_2u
Malverne, NY
Wistron NeWeb CR1000A
Arcadyan FiOS-E3200

1 edit

incognito_2u to RichLux

to RichLux
So after 4 weeks of this problem with the 5 ghz not working, I called Verizon back and was told “Verizon engineers are aware of this problem and are aggressively looking for a solution to this issue.”

So, how does this help me....
3 weeks and still not fixed........someone is dragging their feet on this.........
Does the words”Class Action” mean anything to them?

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Actiontec WCB6200Q

3 recommendations

Branch

Premium Member

Class action? You’re joking right? You have working internet. Nowhere in any contract or any writing does it say legally Verizon has to provide 5GHZ WiFi. Sure, they of course should and they have no reason not to I’m just saying there’s no legal standing for this.

Also, “Verizon is aggressively looking for a resolution” is what you said they said. So how are they “dragging their feet”? I guess they’ve given up on waiting on greenwave and taking matters into their own hands

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612 to incognito_2u

MVM

to incognito_2u
If Wi-Fi were as easy a Wired Ethernet connection to troubleshoot, Verizon would have a recommendation or a fix out by now. Wi-Fi is a huge animal to get right, and it is a gigantic headache for IT Departments in the business world.

incognito_2u
Malverne, NY
Wistron NeWeb CR1000A
Arcadyan FiOS-E3200

incognito_2u to Branch

to Branch
They sold me a router that was “suppose” to provide me with 5ghz service, correct?..
The router that they sold me is NOT providing me with 5 ghz service,
Since when did you become their Lawyer.
Sounds like we found a Verizon Fanboy....
Let me get this straight. I have an issue, I should say WE have an issue and you take Verizon’s side..........are you a Moderator?...
I

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Actiontec WCB6200Q

3 recommendations

Branch

Premium Member

said by incognito_2u:

They sold me a router that was “suppose” to provide me with 5ghz service, correct?..
The router that they sold me is NOT providing me with 5 ghz service,
Since when did you become their Lawyer.
Sounds like we found a Verizon Fanboy....
Let me get this straight. I have an issue, I should say WE have an issue and you take Verizon’s side..........are you a Moderator?...
I

I am not a lawyer. I agree there’s an issue I’m not denying that— I’m in no way “taking Verizon’s side”. They have a problem they need to fix. I’m just saying there is no way you’d be successful with a class action lawsuit, first and foremost because you agreed in your TOS to binding arbitration. »www.verizon.com/support/ ··· ediation

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

1 recommendation

Mike Wolf to incognito_2u

to incognito_2u
Not everyone is having this problem. I certainly am not.

incognito_2u
Malverne, NY

incognito_2u to Branch

to Branch
The first issue with this problem appears in a thread which was started on December 3rd..........is this acceptable that it is now January 21st and the problem is still not fixed...........do you, Branch, consider this s acceptable......

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Actiontec WCB6200Q

Branch

Premium Member

said by incognito_2u:

The first issue with this problem appears in a thread which was started on December 3rd..........is this acceptable that it is now January 21st and the problem is still not fixed...........do you, Branch, consider this s acceptable......

I do not and I do not know why you think I do because I’ve said multiple times this isn’t okay and it’s a problem.

incognito_2u
Malverne, NY

incognito_2u

So then why did you reply to me the way you did?

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Actiontec WCB6200Q

1 recommendation

Branch

Premium Member

said by incognito_2u:

So then why did you reply to me the way you did?

Please show where I say this is okay or acceptable.

incognito_2u
Malverne, NY

incognito_2u

My question to you is why you replied to my post as you did?

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4

4 recommendations

Branch

Premium Member

You proposed a class action lawsuit. In the TOS you agreed to upon sign up, you agreed to resolve all disputes via arbitration. You can not resolve any disputes via class action.

incognito_2u
Malverne, NY

incognito_2u

Again, when did you become Verizon’s attorney.........please answer my question.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

8 recommendations

sashwa to incognito_2u

Mod

to incognito_2u
Back to topic, gentlemen.

Thread is about the G1100 5ghz not working not about a class action suit.
Expand your moderator at work