spc
Search similar:

uniqs
batsona
Maryland
join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD

batsona

[Troubleshooting] No more email after Feb 22nd...

My wife and I both have Samsung android phones.. same phone, same OS... BOTH of us noticed that Verizon email stopped downloading on Feb 22nd. Phone says, "cannot securely connect to server". The SAME settings are in use on my computer, on Outlook and it works just fine. Why did both our phones stop working at the same time, and Outlook keeps working..? Did AOL change something..? Nothing on our phones changed, and they both stopped working on the same day... We're still using the verizon.net mail that was migrated to AOL....

srtdodge05
Premium Member
join:2011-10-16
Ypsilanti, MI

srtdodge05

Premium Member

Sounds like the second layer of email security was enabled it.
batsona
Maryland
Ellicott City, MD

batsona

Hmmmm.. What does that mean..? Do you mean SSL? We have the phones set up just like Outlook (SSL on port 995) and the phones are both complaining, 'cannnot securely connect...'

srtdodge05
Premium Member
Ypsilanti, MI

1 recommendation

srtdodge05 to batsona

Premium Member

to batsona
»help.aol.com/articles/2- ··· rd-alone
batsona
Maryland
Ellicott City, MD

batsona

Holy crap... I don't NEEEEED that much security for my email - its simply not that important... Do you have your Verizon email working thru a POP client on your phone..? it doesn't even look like that's possible anymore.. Or, is there an AOL that can be used to access the email..? I was using one ever since Verizon sent their email business to AOL, but I got a message one day saying that that the app wasn't supported anymore, and it un-installed itself... How do I keep using my Verizon email, on my SmartPhone...? I was using Android's regular old POP email client, and that stopped working on the 19th....

srtdodge05
Premium Member
Ypsilanti, MI

srtdodge05 to batsona

Premium Member

to batsona
You can download outlook client for your phone and setup the email that way. I don't have Verizon email myself. I helped a coworker set it up.
batsona
Maryland
Ellicott City, MD

1 recommendation

batsona

OK -- I guess I solved it by downloading the AOL app on my phone, so I can see my email now.. but I bet this AOL is the the most chatty, most bloated piece of bloatware ever produced. I'm aiding the search for extraterrestrial life in the background....

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Actiontec WCB6200Q

1 recommendation

Branch

Premium Member

make sure all settings match here:

imap »help.aol.com/articles/ve ··· ice-imap

pop »help.aol.com/articles/ve ··· ion-pop3
Catemaco
join:2017-11-29

Catemaco to batsona

to batsona
There is a thread on the Verizon forums about this. It has affected many, many people. See the solution by gaupmw, posted on February 25th.
»forums.verizon.com/t5/Ve ··· 5/page/2