spc
uniqs
dj3k
join:2018-03-19

1 recommendation

dj3k to petem2227

to petem2227

Re: [Optimum Voice] port telephone AWAY from Optimum

THERE IS an optimum pin, if you don't remember it contact Live Chat support on optimum.net and create a new 4 digit pin. No need to call, just contact live chat support on optimum page.

Like other have said you only tell T-Mobile your first 13 digits of your account number. So if your account number is for an ex. (12345-678901-23-4) you only say (12345-678901-23), don't tell them the last digit.

Once again, THERE IS a pin, don't tell them there isn't one or say blank. Give them the 4 digit pin you created after contacting Optimum Live Chat support. »www.optimum.net/support/ ··· age/chat

They will say it will take 3-5 business days. I called in for the request on Thursday the port was completed on Tuesday Morning. So 3 Business days (5 days total).

This is as of March 2018.
TheLeak3r
join:2017-06-25
united state

2 recommendations

TheLeak3r

said by dj3k:

THERE IS an optimum pin, if you don't remember it contact Live Chat support on optimum.net and create a new 4 digit pin. No need to call, just contact live chat support on optimum page.

Like other have said you only tell T-Mobile your first 13 digits of your account number. So if your account number is for an ex. (12345-678901-23-4) you only say (12345-678901-23), don't tell them the last digit.

Once again, THERE IS a pin, don't tell them there isn't one or say blank. Give them the 4 digit pin you created after contacting Optimum Live Chat support. »www.optimum.net/support/ ··· age/chat

They will say it will take 3-5 business days. I called in for the request on Thursday the port was completed on Tuesday Morning. So 3 Business days (5 days total).

This is as of March 2018.

The Pin you are talking about is a Purchase Pin.. The Pin T-Mobile wants is a Port Pin.
So please there is NO PIN!
dj3k

1 recommendation

dj3k

There is a pin cause that's how I successfully ported my landline # to T-mobile before that the port kept failing. Port pin, purchase pin, whatever you call it, the pin you create on chat support is the pin T-Mobile WANTS. After I created the pin, the port was completed successfully.

Before, I followed the suggestions above from people who said "no pin" and it kept getting denied, only after contacting chat support and creating a 4 digit pin is when the port went through. Listen to me if you actually want the port to go through.
TheLeak3r
join:2017-06-25
united state

TheLeak3r

said by dj3k:

There is a pin cause that's how I successfully ported my landline # to T-mobile before that the port kept failing. Port pin, purchase pin, whatever you call it, the pin you create on chat support is the pin T-Mobile WANTS. After I created the pin, the port was completed successfully.

Before, I followed the suggestions above from people who said "no pin" and it kept getting denied, only after contacting chat support and creating a 4 digit pin is when the port went through. Listen to me if you actually want the port to go through.

Purchase Pin is 4 digit pin that you setup with Optimum to prevent unauthorized changes to your account.
So by you setting this up basically just gave them authorization to port but this is NOT necessary.
It probably got denied cause the T-Mobile rep was entering something in the PIN section of the port.
All they have to do is leave blank, don't enter 0000 or put 1111 or none just leave BLANK.

kmabru
@optonline.net

kmabru to dj3k

Anon

to dj3k
said by dj3k:

You are spreading misinformation. In YOUR situation a PIN number helped you port the number. In most situations, there is no PIN for Optimum Voice. There will only be one if you set it up with them. Perhaps to keep an ex-spouse from making changes to the account.

I ported one of my OV lines to Tracfone less than a year ago. Tracfone was looking for a PIN and it caused problems for a few days. Why was that? The automated port process at Tracfone was expecting a PIN to be entered. When they initiated the process MANUALLY they were able to submit it without the PIN and OV released the number without issue.

If you're having a problem porting, your new carrier may need to initiate it manually.
dj3k

2 recommendations

dj3k

How is it spreading misinformation when thats how my port was completed. Before that I kept getting phone calls every time from t-mobile saying the port can't be completed/it keeps getting denied.

"All they have to do is leave blank" well that didn't work for me, as I went through multiple reps specifically telling them that.

I'm just trying to help people who keep having to go back and forth with t-mobile. If this helped me this will definitely help others, and all they need to do is create a pin on chat support if they forgot it.

Even the person on live chat said there is a pin and if that pin works with porting over the # hell yeah I'm going to recommend it, instead of going back and forth. Why make things harder lol.

Go on optimum chat support, create a 4 digit pin, call t-mobile (877-789-3106) give them the pin you created and the first 13 digits of your optimum account number and it's done.

Or take chances "saying no pin " just leave blank" and keep getting phone calls of a failed port.

kmabru
@optonline.net

1 recommendation

kmabru

Anon

said by dj3k:

How is it spreading misinformation when thats how my port was completed. Before that I kept getting phone calls every time from t-mobile saying the port can't be completed/it keeps getting denied.

"All they have to do is leave blank" well that didn't work for me, as I went through multiple reps specifically telling them that.

I'm just trying to help people who keep having to go back and forth with t-mobile. If this helped me this will definitely help others, and all they need to do is create a pin on chat support if they forgot it.

Even the person on live chat said there is a pin and if that pin works with porting over the # hell yeah I'm going to recommend it, instead of going back and forth. Why make things harder lol.

Go on optimum chat support, create a 4 digit pin, call t-mobile (877-789-3106) give them the pin you created and the first 13 digits of your optimum account number and it's done.

Or take chances "saying no pin " just leave blank" and keep getting phone calls of a failed port.

How? By telling someone to take steps that don't need to be taken. All you need to do is have the new carrier initiate the process manually with no PIN.

No need to initiate a chat....... create a PIN...... etc. It worked for you that way. Good for you, but it's not needed. It can be completed in one call without contacting both companies.
dj3k

2 recommendations

dj3k

Except that didn't work for me and could happen to others as well. Now instead of going back and forth with the carrier a customer has an option that works first try. That's all I'm saying. GG.

tw4ever
@198.211.97.x

3 recommendations

tw4ever

Anon

I got the exact problem that I could not port the number from optimum to t-mobile because of the PIN issue (t-mobile tried so many times [from April 17 to April 20] and it did not work; you just cannot leave the PIN BLANK or 0000). Finally I called Optimum on April 20 last Friday and asked them to create a PIN number for me. They asked me why I needed and I told them I might want to port the number and she said fine. Also, she asked me for the CMAC address under the modem for verification purpose and I gave her. Then I got my 4 digit PIN from her. After I got the PIN I called t-mobile again and provided the PIN to initiate the port process. And today April 24 Tuesday my number was ported successfully; got the text message from t-mobile and paid them $10 to start the pre-paid plan and its working...
So you need PIN if you want to port from Optimum...no other way
lazycs
join:2014-04-09

5 recommendations

lazycs

dj3k and tw4ever were right that you need a PIN to port from Optimum to T-mobile. I went back and forth between T-mobile and Optimum so many times I lost count. I tried all of the following:

1. Blank PIN (asking T-mobile reps to ensure it was blank at least twice)
2. The Optimum billing zipcode (since an Optimum tech suggested this)
3. The Optimum voicemail PIN
4. 0000

None of the above worked. I finally followed dj3k's advice to contact support and set an account PIN (which required the modem's CMAC), and now the port is finally in progress.

Maybe some other mobile carriers are able to complete a port without a PIN by doing a manual request, but that doesn't seem to be an option at T-mo.

Thanks to dj3k for providing the only solution that worked!

THE GREEK
join:2000-12-23
East Setauket, NY

THE GREEK to dj3k

to dj3k
Just for the record, I just got off chat support and they were telling me that the pins are only for the modem service and had nothing to do with optimum voice porting. I insisted but he/she didn't want anything to do with it. Tmobile asked me for a pin. I didn't try any of the options but now I will try going to AT&T because I just saw that they have a price for their sim card at .99 and tmobile is 9.99. I will let you know how I make out.