Search similar:

uniqs
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere to RonR

to RonR

Re: CircleNet has returned.... queue the ominous music

My PBX isn't behind a router and I have firewall rules which open the required ports with Circlenet.
RonR
join:2003-10-10
Ash Flat, AR

RonR

said by iamhere:

My PBX isn't behind a router and I have firewall rules which open the required ports with Circlenet.

You might want to consider temporarily totally disabling (physically bypassing, if possible) your firewall for the duration of a test call to rule it out as the source of your problems.
starblazer
join:2017-05-27
Appleton, WI

starblazer to RonR

to RonR
That's an ongoing issue on his end. I have the same issue on one of my dedicated, no firewall, static IP, colocated boxes.
iamhere
canada

iamhere to RonR

to RonR
Yea, I might just have to do that.

I appreciate you looking at / trying things out on your side - thanks for that.
wally_walrus
join:2009-10-07
Orleans, ON

wally_walrus to mugurd

to mugurd
said by mugurd:

Is anyone here using Circlenet on an Obi but set up as a GW and not an SP?
It certainly worked before (when circlenet.us was still around) but not anymore. I even went and created another "SIP device" on the portal but no luck..."404 Not Found" - but I realize I will have to snoop the traffic to get something meaningful. Not enough time

It works for me

mugurd
join:2001-05-24
Ottawa, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet
·Fido
(Software) pfSense
Netgear RAX50
Netgear R7000

mugurd

said by wally_walrus:

It works for me

If you look at my subsequent reply, nothing works now...the 2 SIP accounts previously Ok on IOS and Android, plus the new one created for the Obi GW.
So this is now an account problem rather than an Obi GW one.
Hope Sam can tell from the account logs what is going on - I got busy at work last night and didn't have time or energy to troubleshoot.
mugurd

mugurd

said by mugurd:

Hope Sam can tell from the account logs what is going on - I got busy at work last night and didn't have time or energy to troubleshoot.

@Sam,
Sent you some IMs with details and a SIP trace...maybe you can figure out why none of the SIP devices created under my account works, but if I use a friend's test SIP device it's fine.
iamhere
canada

iamhere

You using your friend's SIP device behind the same router?

mugurd
join:2001-05-24
Ottawa, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet
·Fido
(Software) pfSense
Netgear RAX50
Netgear R7000

1 recommendation

mugurd

said by iamhere:

You using your friend's SIP device behind the same router?

"SIP device" in Circlenet parlance is just a SIP account (old name). So hardware-wise, yes, I am using same gear behind same router - just different credentials belonging to a different user account.
iamhere
canada

iamhere

Ahh, okay.

And if you create a new one of your own that fails too?
mannen
join:2016-02-08
sweden

mannen to sammoats

to sammoats
Same problem here with direct.circlenet.biz, also getting a lot of ACKs (every 4 seconds).
Can also provide a pcap
Then the call disconnects and direct.circlenet.biz sends BYE.
MANDATORY_IE_MISSING [96] (after 00:32)
Also, media seems not to be direct but goes to 23.25.121.xx.

sammoats
Premium Member
join:2014-02-16
Winchester, VA

1 edit

2 recommendations

sammoats

Premium Member

It is "direct" as in it's from one of our servers that's geographically close to the source. We do still proxy but the idea being that it'll be served from a proxy closer. Sorry about the Sweden proxy issue that was a routing error on our side. It should now be served from 172.104.244.156.

Also after learning that there was a metric ton of interest in this we're going to be creating an eu.circlenet.biz this weekend. You can login to that one and it will proxy all audio through the eu host. So you can keep your audio on continent w/o having to worry about the network weirdness that comes with direct audio .
sammoats

3 recommendations

sammoats to mugurd

Premium Member

to mugurd
mugurd's issue was our fault... Our script didn't like the callerID names being blank. It was nice enough to fail calls, but not nice enough to log that event.

Sam
mannen
sweden

1 recommendation

mannen to sammoats

to sammoats
Hi Sam, great that you are setting up a EU node, sure it will be popular and I have to say that Frankfurt is a pretty good location!

I looked into the issue with the direct.circlenet.biz server since it was also reported by @iamhere (and I have to say that I like direct media :) )

So after I send my INVITE, your server replies with:
<--- SIP read from UDP:23.25.121.89:5060 --->
SIP/2.0 200 OK
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 185.140.xx.x:5060;branch=z9hG4bK6a70eb3b
To: <sip:46812101236@direct.circlenet.biz>;tag=89cyZKtUv4KyF
Call-ID: 2d8f8e6a1020fe0a43107afa1811e7ed@185.140.xx.x:5060
CSeq: 103 INVITE

The interesting part here is that you send:

Enabling SIP debug, my asterisk tells me:
sip_route_dump: route/path hop: <sip:46812101236@23.25.121.89:5061;transport=udp>
set_destination: Parsing <sip:46812101236@23.25.121.89:5061;transport=udp> for address/port to send to
set_destination: set destination to 23.25.121.89:5061
Transmitting (no NAT) to 23.25.121.89:5061:
ACK sip:46812101236@23.25.121.89:5061;transport=udp SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 185.140.xx.x:5060;branch=z9hG4bK4da23a7a

So your server tells me to send my ACK to your port 5061 (udp).
Don't know what's happening your end but it seems that your server never gets the ACK (not listening on port 5061 or stateful firewall?) and therefore sends a BYE causing the call to drop.

Hopefully that helps ironing out the issue!

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

1 recommendation

sammoats

Premium Member

Thanks for the debug, it should actually be listening on both and 5061 was getting clobbered. Can you try now please.
Sam
iamhere
canada

1 recommendation

iamhere

I just did... works perfectly now.

Thank you Mannen!!

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

YES THANK YOU I missed that one .
mannen
sweden

1 recommendation

mannen

Happy to help, glad it works!

Placed three more calls to direct.circlenet.biz, seeing media from 23.25 again, I thought that the direct server would provide media directly from your provider? So if you are using TATA, I would get media from them. Or Level3/Bandwidth/Windstream and so on.

Anyway, I'll probably use the new EU server when it's online. Keep up the good work!

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

1 recommendation

sammoats

Premium Member

Mannen,
We actually brought that media back to the 23.25 again as we prep for adding the new eu server this weekend. The media would come from us but from something close to the geographic source of the call traffic. I think the closest approximation for would be Voxbone's approach with their various pops.

Sam
mannen
sweden

mannen

Happy with that approach as well! Makes more sense anyways with the customer segment you are targeting which is often behind NAT.
rant_at_home
join:2008-06-22
Winnipeg, MB

rant_at_home to sammoats

to sammoats
said by sammoats:

Hello DSLReports team...

...and FINALLY we have voice mail.

Are there any special instructions or setting changes that need to be made to use that Voicemail option? I turned it on, but it didn't answer. (so turned back off)

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

1 recommendation

sammoats

Premium Member

We're going to make some changes and add some offerings and remove one this week and I wanted to get ahead of anyone getting worried about our new offerings.

What's going away?
We're not going to allow any customers that don't already have naked DIDs from purchasing them in quantities lower than 10. If you've got em your grandfathered and you can add more in increments of 1 if you'd like. If you don't have any your first order needs to be 10 or more. Also we're pulling the reference from our page while we work on it. I'd hinted at this before.

What's new?
We're offering 2 new unlimited type services in the state of Virginia.

1. Unlimited residential / home office VOIP service with an AUP to prevent abuse $8 monthly and we'll mail you an ATA.
2. Unlimited business VOIP service $14 with an AUP to prevent abuse/telemarketing and again we'll mail you an ATA .

You'll see things move around on our page but there isn't a need to panic, your origination and termination will stay the same. We're just targeting our local area's needs. It's a pain when people in my own neighborhood are paying obscene sums to VOIP provider XYZ...

Sam
Prof_Tech
join:2007-06-30
Quincy, IL

1 recommendation

Prof_Tech to rant_at_home

to rant_at_home
I've been experimenting with Voice Mail for a little while myself. I think it may still be under construction. Chatting with Sam the other day he indicated he will be looking into it but I haven't heard more. I think he's been pretty busy trying to get the network up and add some other new stuff. But I'm not in a big hurry as I get very few incoming calls.
rant_at_home
join:2008-06-22
Winnipeg, MB

rant_at_home

Alright...

I can use the cordless' built in answering machine until then!
Cinti
join:2016-08-04
Boston, MA

1 recommendation

Cinti to sammoats

to sammoats
Good day, Sam.

On the account portal under "DIDs" there is a "Status" column.

If a DID is set to "Inactive" in that column, is it deleted from the account or just can't receive calls until it is set back to "Active"?

If it isn't deleted from the account, what would a caller hear who calls an inactive DID?

Thank you.

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

2 edits

3 recommendations

sammoats

Premium Member

We're offering a new more managed service for those who aren't in the BYOD crowd.
We're offering an unlimited residential service for $8 monthly and a business version for $15.
The service comes with an HT801 or similar that we ship.

There are a few caveats.

1. The service ONLY works on our device, if you need BYOD we have per-minute BYOD rates. This is a hard and fast rule, the SIP password WILL rotate and we will suspend accounts for breaking it. (Sorry about this but it's needed to prevent 0.0001% of customers from using us to run Bobs-call-o-matic on the back of 1 CircleNet account).
2. Our typical no call center/telemarketing policy
3. We charge 3 months upfront.

Thanks guys!
Sam
Cinti
join:2016-08-04
Boston, MA

1 recommendation

Cinti

said by sammoats:

We're offering a new more managed service for those who aren't in the BYOD crowd.
We're offering an unlimited residential service for $8 monthly and a business version for $15.
The service comes with an HT801 or similar that we ship.

. . .

Good day, Sam.

Are 911/E911, USF, state and local taxes included?

Is there an annual pre-pay discount?

Is there a SLA?

Thank you.

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

1 edit

1 recommendation

sammoats

Premium Member

Hi Cinti,
This service is most definitely an interconnected VOIP service so yes it would be taxed as such.

911 service is included with the but taxes/fees are extra and vary by state.
I can give you an example based on your dslreports location info.

In Massachusetts we would charge $1 per month for the state E-911 charge
»www.mass.gov/service-det ··· urcharge

And 6.25% for the state
»www.mass.gov/technical-i ··· erce-and

As far as a yearly discount if you pay upfront for 1 year we could give a small discount. For residential 1 year server we could do $90 + tax. Businesses that weren't involved in outbound telemarketing or call center type activity we would could do 1 year for $168 + tax.

We don't have an official SLA at the moment promising a certain uptime, we intend to run this service at the same quality and availability standards as the rest of our CirlcleNet services. We would also be willing to refund any unused funds at anytime.

The service will be governed by an AUP to prevent abuse. We're trying to have the lightest touch possible here so the TLDR of the AUP would be "As long as you aren't telemarketing, robo-dialing, or non-answer calling you'll be fine".

On extra note here, this service in not available in California.
Sam
sammoats

1 recommendation

sammoats

Premium Member

One other note, we suck at marketing. It just isn't our thing and there is a sufficient margin on the $8 and $15 products to squeeze in a commission on re-sales if anyone's interested please let me know.

Sam
sammoats

1 recommendation

sammoats

Premium Member

On more note. You'll notice G722 starting to appear as an accepted Codec on our network. We're working with upstreams now to integrate it into our termination path.

Sam