Search similar:

uniqs
Texas
join:2015-04-17
Houston

5 recommendations

Texas

BGW210-700 Firmware 1.6.9 Officially out

RG rebooted @3am, and port forwarding now works!

dandeman
MVM
join:2001-12-05
Chapel Hill, NC

3 recommendations

dandeman

MVM

Click for full size
ATT pushed 1.6.9 down to my BGW210 and all port forwarding is now working again...
AccountHolde
join:2015-11-09
New York, NY

1 recommendation

AccountHolde

Any idea on what has changed?

jsolo1
Premium Member
join:2001-07-01
PRIL

6 recommendations

jsolo1

Premium Member

Appears for one, port forwarding now works

What I'm curious about is what's broken in this one?

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium Member
join:2002-06-08
Greenville, SC

2 recommendations

DaMaGeINC to Texas

Premium Member

to Texas
Oh great. The replacement PACE GW came today too.... UGH. I did notice my speedtest and bufferbloat are perfect with the new GW... Might keep it and still send in the BGW..
FlatWorld
join:2016-07-11
US
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-Enterprise
Alcatel-Lucent G-240G-A

1 recommendation

FlatWorld to Texas

to Texas
Click for full size
I tried force resetting it so it would take the update, and then it came back up like this. I know the actual ONT is up because I have a dial tone..

Is there anyway to bypass when it’s in this condition or am I at the mercy of ATT?

Jim721
join:2014-07-31
Belleville, MI

2 recommendations

Jim721

Probably grabbing the update. Thats why the modem is not responding. Just a guess.
Texas
join:2015-04-17
Houston

2 recommendations

Texas to FlatWorld

to FlatWorld
According to an ATT support forum thread, a simple reboot might fix it, last resort is to try a factory reset of the Gateway (unplug from power, hold the button on the back in while plugging it back into power).

Tel
join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC

2 recommendations

Tel to Texas

to Texas
I just manually pushed the update to my Gateway, mainly for the connection problems that started with the 1.6.7 update.
planetcoop
join:2014-12-26
Roseville, CA

1 recommendation

planetcoop

how did you manually push the update?

Kett2000
Premium Member
join:2002-04-23
Lilburn, GA

1 recommendation

Kett2000 to Tel

Premium Member

to Tel
said by Tel:

I just manually pushed the update to my Gateway, mainly for the connection problems that started with the 1.6.7 update.

Can you provide a link to the 1.6.9 firmware?

Jim721
Belleville, MI

3 recommendations

Jim721

»gateway.c01.sbcglobal.ne ··· 0_1.6.9/ Credit goes to mattfrayage for posting it.

Kett2000
Premium Member
join:2002-04-23
Lilburn, GA

1 recommendation

Kett2000

Premium Member

said by Jim721:

»gateway.c01.sbcglobal.ne ··· 0_1.6.9/ Credit goes to mattfrayage for posting it.

Thanks!
mattfrayage
join:2015-04-19
Sturtevant, WI

2 recommendations

mattfrayage to Texas

to Texas
just noticed an 11.1 build for the pace 5268 in the directory here »gateway.c01.sbcglobal.ne ··· 25-PROD/
what version is current now for the 5268 last i saw it was 10.6 or so...
jm101
join:2011-07-17
Oakland, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

1 recommendation

jm101 to DaMaGeINC

to DaMaGeINC
said by DaMaGeINC:

Oh great. The replacement PACE GW came today too.... UGH. I did notice my speedtest and bufferbloat are perfect with the new GW... Might keep it and still send in the BGW..

I don't know what I should do. Call AT&T and ask to try the 210 again or just live with the 5268AC (at least until we ditch U-verse TV).

Jim721
Belleville, MI

3 recommendations

Jim721

said by jm101:

I don't know what I should do

All you have to ask yourself is.. Does the 5268 do what you want it to do? Does the 210 have a feature you need or want or does it just work better for you. Then decide..
jm101
Oakland, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

1 recommendation

jm101

said by Jim721:

said by jm101:

I don't know what I should do

All you have to ask yourself is.. Does the 5268 do what you want it to do? Does the 210 have a feature you need or want or does it just work better for you. Then decide..

The WiFi cut out on our Nexus Player a couple nights ago when watching Hulu. Also noticed the Internet momentarily going out on my iPhone. Thinking it has to do with a band steering issue.

The strange part is that U-verse TV cut out this morning just like before. Part of me just wants to switch back to the 210, ditch U-verse TV, and sign up for DTV Now. Unfortunately, the Apple TV deal is no longer being offered.

Tel
join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC

2 recommendations

Tel to planetcoop

to planetcoop
said by planetcoop:

»192.168.1.254/cgi-bin/update.ha

Then choose the bin file downloaded from the links posted.
theteamaster
join:2006-06-05
Irvine, CA

2 recommendations

theteamaster to jm101

to jm101
RIP..sorry to hear that bud.

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium Member
join:2002-06-08
Greenville, SC

2 recommendations

DaMaGeINC to jm101

Premium Member

to jm101
said by jm101:

said by DaMaGeINC:

I don't know what I should do. Call AT&T and ask to try the 210 again or just live with the 5268AC (at least until we ditch U-verse TV).

Well I dont use the GW for anything other than to handle the auth. So it works fine for me.

You may use it for your entire network, so thats where I would focus the pros and cons.
planetcoop
join:2014-12-26
Roseville, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
MikroTik RB4011

1 recommendation

planetcoop to Tel

to Tel
said by Tel:

said by planetcoop:

»192.168.1.254/cgi-bin/update.ha

Then choose the bin file downloaded from the links posted.

thank you, the link was the part i needed. i have not had any known issues on the new firmwre, but i do use a static block of addresses still 8192 nat translation limit.
jm101
Oakland, CA

1 recommendation

jm101 to DaMaGeINC

to DaMaGeINC
Thanks. Yeah, maybe I’ll just wait for a little while. U-verse TV is really temperamental for some reason.
jm101

1 recommendation

jm101 to theteamaster

to theteamaster
said by theteamaster:

RIP..sorry to hear that bud.

Didn’t happen again which is strange. IDK, maybe we really should just go with DTV Now if the Apple TV deal comes back. Worst case scenario is we get an Apple TV out of it which wouldn’t be a bad thing considering our Nexus Player is basically obsolete by now.
theteamaster
join:2006-06-05
Irvine, CA

1 recommendation

theteamaster

My parents were complaining about UverseTV and I would get complaints about it dropping out back when the 5268 came out. They don't want to go back to uversetv so they're just sticking to BHN/Charter now. So I believe while the channel changing is fast as heck, the problems with it dropping randomly for no reason not a new problem. I think it's just the nature of the platform.

Now DTV is stable as heck, even on the wireless clients connected to the genie. I had a roommate that worked for DTV before the deathstar took it over.

I would just try DTV Now just to get the AppleTV. Haha.
jm101
Oakland, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

3 recommendations

jm101

Interesting. I never remember it dropping out when we had it the last time (about 8 years ago). I guess it’s gone downhill.

DTV seems very stable as long as the dish is mounted properly. I could be wrong but I thought that you could get a two year price lock with it last year (at least when combining with Internet and/or Home Phone). Now they are back to the old 2 year agreement with a dramatic price increase the second year. Had that two year price lock deal been around when our area went green for fiber, we’d probably be on DTV right now.

Yeah, I really should have signed up for that deal. Lol. I believe my friend did that but ended up ditching DTV Now because it didn’t get watched much.

Anon4ed79
@sbcglobal.net

2 recommendations

Anon4ed79 to Jim721

Anon

to Jim721
Thanks for sharing link, and to the guy who uploaded the bin. Just got my AT&T modem yesterday, had old 1.5.7 or something firmware, and I wasn't having any luck getting it to update. At least now I can use Cloudflare DNS again!