spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Anon9136f
@192.0.169.x

Anon9136f

Anon

[DSL] Very slow SSH session over both IPv4 and IPv6

Hi I am trying to work on remote systems over SSH but that latency is very bad over DSL.

Text entered takes around 10 to 30 seconds to show up in the terminal.

I have not changed any network settings and also tried using the SSH client in the router connected directly to PPPoE and the problem is still there.

Does anyone notice this issue on DSL?
TSI Paul
Teksavvy
Premium Member
join:2015-09-16
Peterborough, ON

TSI Paul

Premium Member

said by Anon9136f :

Hi I am trying to work on remote systems over SSH but that latency is very bad over DSL.

Text entered takes around 10 to 30 seconds to show up in the terminal.

I have not changed any network settings and also tried using the SSH client in the router connected directly to PPPoE and the problem is still there.

Does anyone notice this issue on DSL?

I've been working over SSH for past couple of hours with no delays (DSL) - maybe something between you and remote systems?

Anon1900e
@104.195.216.x

Anon1900e

Anon

Yeah, I have had this issues for a few days too. The remote system is AWS cloud in my case. Connecting over a cellular connection "fixes" it...
daleharrison
join:2018-12-06

daleharrison to Anon9136f

to Anon9136f
I’m experiencing the same issue. My company runs Amazon Web Services and I need to SSH into our servers so I can work. I can connect but the latency is so bad I can barely do anything.

Additionally, Instagram doesn’t work on my DSL connection on any device in my house. I’ve seen other people reporting that issue on here and Twitter. I don’t know what the connection is but the two issues may be related.

Unfortunately, I spoke to a TekSavvy support representative last night who barely listened to what I was saying and told me the issue was on my end after the usual “turn it off and back on again” routine. I think he thought I was an idiot for complaining that Instagram wasn’t working and maybe didn’t even understand what I was saying about the SSH issue.
notfred
join:2012-09-15

notfred

Hmm and I'm seeing issues with voip.teksavvy.com for TekTalk.

TekSavvy, do you perhaps have a core network issue?
bimmerm3m5
join:2001-07-14
united state

bimmerm3m5 to Anon9136f

to Anon9136f
Several of us have posted complaints regarding the Facebook universe of sites to TekSavvy Direct. The problem appears to have gone away.....for now...

Anonb46fe
@192.0.169.x

Anonb46fe to Anon9136f

Anon

to Anon9136f
I am not seeing that anymore wondering what could have caused that.
BrettD
Premium Member
join:2009-12-26
Ottawa, ON

BrettD

Premium Member

I had an serious ssh slowdown previously too. Rebooting both of my machines cleared it up. I felt it may have been update-related (kernel, ssh, lib) and something not in sync.

Anonac0f2
@192.0.169.x

Anonac0f2

Anon

I have the same issue as you but I didn't updated my system or reboot and left the SSH connection overnight and in the morning it went back to normal.

Must be some routing issue in TSI.

Wish someone from NOC can say what happened.

Ian D Allen
If this were easy, everyone would do it.
Premium Member
join:2008-10-26
Ottawa, ON

Ian D Allen to Anon9136f

Premium Member

to Anon9136f
Some of us are wondering if it's something systemic in this thread: »[DSL] Speed issue