spc
Search similar:

uniqs
fcfc2
join:2014-05-17

1 recommendation

fcfc2

[FIOS] Arris NVG468MQ LOGIN???

My nephew recently signed up for internet only and was given an Arris NVG468MQ. There is wireless info on the router plus the wifi pw, but there was no login info for the router itself. The wireless did not have the 5GHz band separate, both were set to the same SSID contrary to the info on the label. He said he had changed nothing as he didn't even know how to login. There was supposed to be info for the router login but there was nothing but wifi info which was not even correct regarding the SSID. Hitting the reset button did not do anything.
I could get to the router interface at 192.168.254.254 but you can do nothing without being able to login and the internet suggested 'admin" and "password" or "password1" did not work.
Question is are all of their routers locked down now? How can you get in? I want to modify a couple of the settings and enable MoCA so he could use a MoCA based "network extender". Help!!

OldNavyGuy
join:2018-07-24
Newberg, OR

1 recommendation

OldNavyGuy

Look on the bottom of the device.

Failing that, try "admin" "admin"...no quotes of course.
fcfc2

1 recommendation

fcfc2

Tried that too. The only information on the side and bottom of the router is the wireless info....tried to wireless pw too. No joy.

OldNavyGuy
Newberg, OR

1 recommendation

OldNavyGuy

See this list of possibilites...

»setuprouter.com/router/a ··· ords.htm

Sometimes there is no password, and you are then prompted to set it up.

If all else fails, call Support.
fcfc2

1 recommendation

fcfc2

Thanks for trying, but the only pw I did not try was "Motorola", I did try "frontier" and "Arris", I think calling support is the only answer. It appears that the firmware has been changed to block access to the settings. This thing looked new in the box before setup.
I am wondering now if I replace the rented one with either a customer owned G1100 or another Arris will pick up this same firmware.

OldNavyGuy
Newberg, OR

1 recommendation

OldNavyGuy

Regardless, they need to give you the user id and password on ISP supplied devices.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

3 edits

1 recommendation

Darknessfall to fcfc2

Premium Member

to fcfc2
Are you sure you aren't missing the login info on the bottom?

The username field is already filled in which is "admin" . The bottom of the device has the "Device Access Code" which is the password. Is the device access code not also listed? It should be at the bottom of the label, by the URL. There's no universal login, as the code is unique per device.

fcfc2

1 recommendation

fcfc2

I did not see it myself but I will double check today when I go over and double check. I am getting up there and need a flashlight and my strongest glasses to read fine print. Thanks