spc
Search similar:

uniqs
freedoms7
join:2000-01-18
Uniontown, PA

freedoms7

CNN Freezes!

I know that a few months ago, people were complaining about having periodic freezes of CNN. Has anybody else had that happen lately? I've been getting those for a few weeks.
skohly
join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

3 recommendations

skohly

Yup, i just gave up and stopped complaining
Expand your moderator at work

Anonb7681
@96.230.56.x

1 recommendation

Anonb7681 to freedoms7

Anon

to freedoms7

Re: CNN Freezes!

For the past 3+ months i have had periodic freezing on multiple channels. Verizon has been to my house 4 times and has not been able to fix the issue. They have seen it occur on my tvs. They have replaced cabeling, routers, splitters, ONT and this weekend switched me to a new splitter on their hub. This has happened since upgrading to FiosOne. Do you have FiosOne?
freedoms7
Uniontown, PA

freedoms7

Yes. I have Fios One.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to freedoms7

Premium Member

to freedoms7
If you are having periodic freezing of video on CNN - then VZ needs to contact however they are getting the feed from Turner (it may be Turner themselves)

This is indicative of an issue in how the feed is being encoded and sent to them. It could be anything from source issues, issues along their network (do they have direct connect fiber, etc) or the way it is published to VZ from a CDN (if that's how they are getting it).

(I work for a company that does this as a business). If they cared, it's an easy request to have it researched.
bushleaguer
join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ

bushleaguer to skohly

to skohly
said by skohly:

Yup, i just gave up and stopped complaining

Ditto.
ENFiOS
join:2007-11-09
MontCo PA

ENFiOS to freedoms7

to freedoms7
Freezes, audio stuttering, and very colorful pixelation coming back from commercials.
freedoms7
Uniontown, PA

1 edit

freedoms7

Mine too! And a few month's ago, I had serious problems with FIOS' own promos. They would cause serious reception problems.

Anondc0c5
@96.45.193.x

1 recommendation

Anondc0c5 to SeattleMatt

Anon

to SeattleMatt
Jeepmatt, only ott and streaming providers use cdn to distribute linear channels.

Fios uses c band satellite feed that the other mso's use also.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

1 recommendation

mbernste to freedoms7

MVM

to freedoms7

I watch a lot of CNN and I've never seen this. I don't have a FiOS One box. On one set I have a VMS 1100 and the other I have a TiVo. It could be that the FiOS One box is more sensitive to slightly out of spec signal levels than other STBs. I remember this being an issue from my Comcast days with the Motorola/General Instrument boxes (now Arris, which Verizon uses) when digital cable first became available around 2000. I also vaguely recall something similar with Optimum between the old Sony and Scientific Atlanta boxes.
skohly

2 recommendations

skohly

NO!! I Don't have Fios one box either and it's been a long ongoing issue
skohly

skohly

It's still going on and it's bad. They really do need to fix this
awesomeo
join:2018-07-09
Imperial, PA

awesomeo

I think you should stop assuming it's on the Verizon end if it's been going on so long.
skohly

skohly

Well Verizon should figure out who's end it's on and fix it. That's what they are being paid to do
awesomeo
join:2018-07-09
Imperial, PA

1 recommendation

awesomeo

Lol. Call them and get a tech. Complaining on the internet isn't going to solve it.
skohly

skohly to awesomeo

to awesomeo

I went on Verizon TEch twitter. They told me to contact CNN. I asked them for a phone number. They could not provide. I just sent an email too CNN. I doubt this will go anywhere. As i have stated in earlier posts on this matter the problem is NOT in my premise

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

said by skohly:

As i have stated in earlier posts on this matter the problem is NOT in my premise

Just because people were having the issue doesn't mean it isn't a signal level issue at your home. The two are not mutually exclusive. Stop being obstinant and call Verizon and have a tech come out. Chatting on Twitter or on here will never resolve your issue. As others have said they are not having this issue.
skohly

skohly

Ok will do.
barje
join:2002-06-24
Red Bank, NJ

barje to freedoms7

to freedoms7
I just got back from Florida where I have Comcast (no choice) and not a problem for 6 months.
skohly

skohly to mbernste

to mbernste
Ok i did call Verizon and was told it is a known issue and has been a known issue in VHO7. No answer to the solution

Pepsiman
join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY

Pepsiman to freedoms7

to freedoms7
said by freedoms7:

I know that a few months ago, people were complaining about having periodic freezes of CNN. Has anybody else had that happen lately? I've been getting those for a few weeks.

I live in the Gravesend section of Brooklyn, NY my STB Model is 7232 (VH05) I have been watching CNN with no problems at all, the picture is Cristal clear, I checked this out on Thursday May 02, 2019 time 11:00am I was watching the Nancy Pelosi Speech.
Hope this helps.
skohly

skohly

I believe the problem is isolated to vho7 which is norhtern NJ. Brooklyn is in a different VHO

Pepsiman
join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY

Pepsiman

said by skohly:

I believe the problem is isolated to vho7 which is norhtern NJ. Brooklyn is in a different VHO

Yes, it looks to be a problem in NJ, I did note I am in VH05 area.

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to freedoms7

MVM

to freedoms7
I'm on VHO 7 and I have no problems with CNN macro-blocking.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11

icemannyr1

Click for full size
Click for full size
The last few days the problem has been real bad for me on VHO7 for CNN and ESPN Deportes. I'm also noticing it on ESPN.

The problem on CNN is different than just a random video break up. The video frame moves up as the video pixelates.
On ESPN Deportes the whole screen goes blurry.

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

Send those photos to »Verizon Direct
Or vz on Twitter or facebook

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11

icemannyr1

Just posted about the problem in the Verizon Direct forum.