Search similar:

uniqs
ncted
join:2010-10-25
Durham, NC

2 recommendations

ncted to Paralel

to Paralel

Re: New software version for Pace 5268AC?

Well, I rely on it as AT&T has essentially abandoned their 3G Microcells. It works pretty well if I use the RG as the wi-fi base station for our iPhones.

When I first tried DMZ+, it worked about as well with my personal router's wi-fi, but then they broke DMZ+ such that I only got half my download speeds. When they fixed DMZ+, it broke wi-fi calling, and I've been direct to the RG ever since. I'd really like to go back to DMZ+ and my own router, but I need wi-fi calling to be reliable.

If I haven't heard one way or another, I am going to try it tonight while my wife is at book club to see how it works.
Artakamoose
join:2015-08-25
Oakland, CA

2 recommendations

Artakamoose

I know this isn’t necessarily what you’re asking; but I’m bypassed, and Wi-Fi calling works well.
SDB
join:2018-02-17
San Diego, CA

1 recommendation

SDB to Folk

to Folk
in the suggested instructions for a manual firmware upgrade, any idea *why* it is recommended to do a factory reset after performing the upgrade?

when I first encountered my DMZ+ not working, I got it back working via a factory reset. It only continued working for about 12h after that before it broke again. It was only then that I started looking into more info why and found out that I'd probably been *upgraded* to the firmware version that causes the issue.

it seems like the factory reset had temporarily downgraded me back to some previous firmware version. isn't there a chance that would happen again?
ncted
Durham, NC

2 recommendations

ncted

So, I re-enabled DMZ+ last night, which seemed to go smoothly enough. However, wi-fi calling with my phone connected to the wireless network provided by my router (Airport Extreme AC) resulted in dropped calls, as did using the wi-fi network on my primary Access Point in the living room.

As I don't actually use the RG/Router wi-fi for anything other than the guest network for my Ring doorbell, I decided to turn off wi-fi on my router and re-enable it on the RG. When connected to the RG, wi-fi calling works as expected. I would expect I need a new router except this all used to work fine with the 5268AC and the AirPort Extreme and Wi-Fi calling.

The only current downside to this setup is I cannot use my pi-hole with my phones. I am considering getting a USB ethernet adapter for it, so it can be on both the RG network and the DMZ+ network at the same time. I would need to hard-code DNS for the RG wi-fi network, but it is only two devices, so not that big of a deal.
atbodamer
join:2019-07-18
Alpharetta, GA

1 recommendation

atbodamer to SDB

to SDB
After I manually upgraded to version 11.4, I performed a factory reset and I remained on version 11.4. Now, 5 days later, I'm still on 11.4 and DMZ+ continues to work.
sd70mac
Premium Member
join:2015-10-18
Woodstock, IL

2 recommendations

sd70mac to SDB

Premium Member

to SDB
The reasoning behind a factory reset is that some hidden settings may be retained after a firmware update that are non-optimal or problematic. This is true of some other devices as well, such as some open-source router firmware.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

1 recommendation

Paralel to Folk

to Folk
Considering this is likely just a patch to fix what they broke, a factor reset isn't likely, unless you are having trouble.

I didn't do a factor reset after upgrading and have had no trouble.
philaneous
join:2019-10-01
Miami, FL

1 edit

2 recommendations

philaneous to Folk

to Folk
Wi-Fi Bug with 11.4.1.532484-att:

1. The router keeps auto-changing channels on it's own with a static channel already set on the 5GHz Wi-Fi.
2. I leave a static channel set and a few hours later, I start to noticing high latency and a significant decrease of throughput
from my wireless devices connected to the 5GHz channel, the router changes the Wi-Fi channel to another channel like if it
was set to auto.

3. This issue did not occur until AT&T pushed SW version 11.4.1.532484-att. Until this SW revision was pushed to the router, this issue started to occur and cause serious latency amongst my wireless devices as it picks random channels.
4. I attempted a factory default reset and the issue is reproducible.
5. I know there's a DMZ fix in this FW; however, now a Wi-Fi channel bug has been introduced into the FW that did not exist before.
6. I'll probably roll back to 11.3.1.532191 as this issue did not occur on that build. (Hopefully, I don't get upgraded back 11.4.1.532484)
7. I don't know where to report bugs to AT&T; therefore, I hope someone from AT&T can forward this to the SW developers that compile the SW/FW revisions for the Pace series.

I hope someone from AT&T can address this to the appropriate team.
SDB
join:2018-02-17
San Diego, CA

2 recommendations

SDB to Folk

to Folk
I've been subsisting using the broken DMZ version of the firmware until tonight. I wish I could say I upgraded to the new version just to move everything back on to my ASUS router, but instead it was part of a larger troubleshooting effort

Beginning today, all devices I have connected to my 5268 via wired ethernet are no longer able to access the internet. At first I thought it was just one PC, then I thought it was an ethernet hub, but I couldn't identify any problem with either device. I rebooted the 5268 - didn't work. Then I thought why not update it to the newer firmware. That proceeded fine, did a factory reset - no issues here. Then I tried to connect a laptop via ethernet to it to set up a bunch of settings with the plan to re-enable router with DMZ+. My laptop connected to 192.168.1.254 initially and even had internet access, but that shut down in ~2 minutes. Many reboots of laptop and 5268 later and no connection (not even to 192.168.1.254) was possible. Entered in the default WiFi password and got connected with no issue.

Considering not much seems to work wired directly in to the 5268 (original devices that alerted me to this issue are all still offline), I can't imagine I'd be able to get a router running in DMZ+ mode from it. What the eff happened? Is this just a (partial?) hardware failure in my 5268? Only the LAN ports are not working? Except they work well enough to detect what is connected to them and provide correct MAC addresses ... so this is a software/firewall thing? I have a hard time imagining an ATT phone tech is gonna be much help other than getting them to schedule delivery of a new gateway
sd70mac
Premium Member
join:2015-10-18
Woodstock, IL

2 recommendations

sd70mac

Premium Member

Ouch! In your situation I'd either attempt a bypass or try to get a BGW210 from a truck roll.
Zero6823
join:2003-06-03
Bethany, OK
Pace 5268AC

2 recommendations

Zero6823 to philaneous

to philaneous
said by philaneous:

Wi-Fi Bug with 11.4.1.532484-att:

1. The router keeps auto-changing channels on it's own with a static channel already set on the 5GHz Wi-Fi.
2. I leave a static channel set and a few hours later, I start to noticing high latency and a significant decrease of throughput
from my wireless devices connected to the 5GHz channel, the router changes the Wi-Fi channel to another channel like if it
was set to auto.

Why not just use your own router?

mustang50
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI

3 recommendations

mustang50 to SDB

Premium Member

to SDB
Yeah phone techs really just have no clue, I called and he insisted I needed a "NEW MODEL" because mine is old.
I asked what model and he said 5268. I told him that's not new and that's what I already have.
His reply...... "IT HAS NEW FIRMWARE". I gave up.
mustang50

5 recommendations

mustang50

Premium Member

Just a side note:
Be careful., I received the "NEW MODEL" and hooked it up. It had to download the 11.3 firmware. All was the same. Sent old one back. Ok no harm...no foul...no changes.

BUT today I got my bill and it was $7.00 higher because they added a "internet equipment fee". Before I had a no fee discount because I have Uverse TV internet and phone.

Called in to see why and got India support. She explained that they no longer give free equipment and because I changed my service, nothing she could do. I told her I didn't change my services. She said still no way.

I asked her to transfer me to a USA rep. Finally got retentions in Texas. She was able to get my discount back after a while.

So be careful, it may cost you!

jsolo1
Premium Member
join:2001-07-01
PRIL

3 recommendations

jsolo1

Premium Member

Is this for dsl or fiber?

Edit, never mind.. I see your speed tests above

I guess att is finding more ways to nickel/dime new customers.
Zero6823
Bethany, OK
Pace 5268AC

Zero6823

said by jsolo1:

Is this for dsl or fiber?

Edit, never mind.. I see your speed tests above

I guess att is finding more ways to nickel/dime new customers.

DSL is considered legacy now. It will be phased out completely within 2020.
ncted
Durham, NC

2 recommendations

ncted to jsolo1

to jsolo1
AT&T is having a bad week when it comes to billing. This is just one of many examples I have read about, and my coworker got double charged for his new iPhone which AT&T can't seem to figure out how to fix.

mustang50
Premium Member
Roseville, MI

1 recommendation

mustang50

Premium Member

They must have stopped pushing 11.3.
I reverted back to 11.2 and it hasn't changed for about 2 weeks now.

skinnyJM
join:2002-08-25
Fort Worth, TX
·AT&T FTTP
Humax BGW320-500

1 recommendation

skinnyJM

said by mustang50:

That sounds like they paused/pulled version 11.4.1.532484-att, which was the most recent version being pushed to the 5268. (Mine received it last month).

mustang50
Premium Member
Roseville, MI

1 recommendation

mustang50

Premium Member

I never got that one.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

1 recommendation

Paralel to skinnyJM

to skinnyJM
said by skinnyJM:

said by mustang50:

That sounds like they paused/pulled version 11.4.1.532484-att, which was the most recent version being pushed to the 5268. (Mine received it last month).

Makes sense. That Wi-Fi calling/3rd party VoIP bug they re-introduced into DMZ mode, which was fixed in prior releases, can be a dealbreaker.
atbodamer
join:2019-07-18
Alpharetta, GA

5 recommendations

atbodamer

I finally remedied my issues with variable connection speeds via live TV on YouTube TV by switching to Comcast internet.
ncted
Durham, NC

1 recommendation

ncted to Folk

to Folk
FWIW: I have given up on running a separate router. I am still running a pihole, and I have that hard-coded as the DNS server for the devices on my home network. Too bad AT&T/Pace can't make this work reliably.

Anon62b3e
@107.217.9.x

Anon62b3e to Folk

Anon

to Folk
This is a problem with Pace 5268AC. The solution is to have a tech come out and install an older NVG589 modem. Problem solved for me today with this.
Zero6823
Bethany, OK

Zero6823 to Folk

to Folk
I dont' know how everyone else is having problems with the latest firmware. I have completely avoid all problems by using my own router for wifi... it's not that difficult.
man00
join:2003-07-25
united state

man00

said by Zero6823:

I dont' know how everyone else is having problems with the latest firmware. I have completely avoid all problems by using my own router for wifi... it's not that difficult.

You have problems accessing some settings in the Pace? You have problems with WAN dropping connection at times? I use external router for WiFi and I still have those two problems with the pace...The BGW210 I also tried and it taxes my connection, the pace is much faster for me but has issues...for me
Expand your moderator at work
gruuvinrob
join:2020-01-18
Suwanee, GA

2 recommendations

gruuvinrob to Folk

to Folk

Re: New software version for Pace 5268AC?

Just joined to add to the conversation.

There is a more recent firmware that is not mentioned in this thread: 11.5.1.532678-att

I am here because I have a maddening issue that just started happening to my network in the last few weeks--prior to that it has probably been six months to a year since the Pace had been rebooted (I think this is a clue about what firmware versions were on it before and after this issue cropped up).
Unfortunately, I think I am in the 1% of people that use their network like I do: all linux, home automation, heavily rely on ssh servers.

The setup: I run a Ubiquiti EdgeRouterX behind the AT&T Pace 5268AC (I was running a Netgear R700 when I first discovered this issue a few weeks ago). Like most here, I DMZ+ the connection down to my edgerouter, so that I can do all my firewall and port-forwarding setup on the edgerouter only--I do NOT want double NAT!

The issue: ssh connections STALL! SSH from the outside through both devices and to my lan devices (any of them; all linux) STALL as soon as any traffic is pushed up from my network to the outside ssh client. This also goes for an scp file transfer (scp is basically using ssh to do a file transfer). A simple test is to get on a machine on the outside of my home network (connecting from work or hotspotting with my phone), and scp copy a file from a home server up to the outside computer, and the connection stalls after only a few bytes. I can do the same with a simple ssh session, by sshing in from the outside, and just pressing and holding enter, so that a bunch of newline/prompts are sent from the inside to the outside, and the connection will stall out after about 20 or 30 lines. The stall may recover after about five minutes. A tcpdump on the ssh client interface shows invalid checksum calculations and requests for retransmits; the stall basically happens because one end is waiting for the retransmits while the other end never seems to acknowledge the need to send retransmits. What the hell is tampering with my tcp packets? and why does this ONLY seem to happen with ssh? ATT monkeying with traffic? dunno; maybe the Pace device is just really screwing up and needs replacing... so I did that.... (keep reading, sorry so long)

What I have done to isolate the source of this issue: I've tried configuring ssh on different ports-no difference. I've used a Raspberry Pi hosting openssh-server, so I have an easy way to move the server around my network. The problem occurs on ANY connection that goes through the DMZ+ port on the Pace, BUT the problem does NOT happen if I move the SHH server to a port on the Pace that is NOT DMZ+, or it does not occur on my network behind the Pace if I disable DMZ+ on the port that feeds my network (the second Ubiquiti router).

Before I was convinced this was a DMZ+/firmware issue, I had ATT send me a new Pace r/gw. Of course they told me it would be brand new with newest firmware. They sent the same hardware model which was first booted 2.5 years ago, but with an OLDER firmware version than my original Pace 5268AC. The firmware of the replacement is 11.4.1.532484-att and the firmware of my original is 11.5.1.532678-att.

This issue I am having happens the same way on BOTH of these firmwares (tested on both devices).

When did the 11.5.1 version get released? How do we see the supposed changes between these firmwares? Can we apply any firmware we want? (I only see firmware upgrade via my.att.gw.ip/upgrade, which seems to just force the Pace to get the latest, unattended). I have not tried any upgrade right now, because I don't want to change things yet while I have both of these Pace router/gateways.

Has anyone experienced these terrible issues?

I wish ATT would get it together with these DMZ+ problems in their latest firmwares. I am about to figure out how to bypass entirely the Pace, using my Ubiquiti edgerouter, and spoof the mac address after the pace authenticates with the OTN.
maczrool
join:2017-04-06
Memphis, TN

1 recommendation

maczrool

said by gruuvinrob:

Just joined to add to the conversation.

I am about to figure out how to bypass entirely the Pace, using my Ubiquiti edgerouter, and spoof the mac address after the pace authenticates with the OTN.

Welcome. I abandoned my 5268 about 10 months ago due to DMZ+ issues, but does sound like you should just go ahead and do the full bypass and let the 5268 collect dust somewhere. I’m not positive the ER-X will support full gig speeds if that is what your service is. Anyone know? Also, there is a user on here that goes by adam1991 that may chime in and tell you everything is fine and it’s all in your head or you’re doing something wrong. Just a warning!
gruuvinrob
join:2020-01-18
Suwanee, GA

gruuvinrob

Thanks for the reply!
Sorry for the double post; there seems to be a bug with these forums where I cannot view my post at the end of this thread (or any posts beyond eight pages of posts ?). I figured this out by changing the'start=' url arg ....weird

I did test the bypass trick: connect my OTN into a dumb switch, connect the 5268 WAN port into the switch, let it authenticate, then disconnect the 5268 and connect my Ubiquiti router's spoofed MAC WAN port..... works! With the traffic passing directly from the OTN to my Ubiquiti, the problem is GONE. ATT firmware seems to be the culprit here. Now I just need to configure this full bypass you mentioned: let the 5268 collect dust somewhere. I have read the only way to do this bypass, to survive loss of ethernet link (like during power outage), is to keep the 5268 connected to do the authentication step with the OTN, however, there is some other method where my Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X will also authenticate with the OTN? So that I don't even need to connect the Pace 5268? hunting for this solution.... looks like this might be it? »github.com/jaysoffian/eap_proxy
maczrool
join:2017-04-06
Memphis, TN

maczrool

I’ve not tried it, but I believe the method you linked to requires, as you suggested, that you leave the 5268 connected authentication. That would solve your problem though since the routing duties get passed on to the ER.

I was referring to using wpa_supplicant for 802.1x authentication on the ER itself. This lets the ER handle all the authentication duties so no need to leave the 5268 plugged in at all. It’s outlined at devicelocksmith.com, but you will have to have the dependencies compiled for MIPS for it to work. I didn’t want to fool with all that so I just purchased an ER-4 that the guide was made for.