spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ykw
join:2019-08-08
Kendall Park, NJ

ykw

Fox Sports streaming app excludes BTN on FIOS

Recently BTN streaming content was moved from the BTN2GO app to the Fox Sports app, however, FIOS has removed access to BTN in the Fox Sports app!

Error Code 403-PA1000
Your TV subscription allows you limited access to our content.
The content you have selected is unavailable.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

The BTN2Go App still works.

And yes, BTN on the Fox Sports App has never been part of it. For whatever reason. For me, it says that said channel is not available in your TV Package. Which it is, of course.

Are you saying that it is Vz FiOS' doing regarding not having the BTN channel in the Fox Sports App? And not Fox Sports, themselves?

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by webcobbler:

And yes, BTN on the Fox Sports App has never been part of it. For whatever reason. For me, it says that said channel is not available in your TV Package. Which it is, of course.

Yep but for some reason the Fox Sports APP for Roku includes the BTN channel so it's like hit or miss depending what platform you are using... lol
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Well I use an Apple TV 4K. So maybe said channel is not available on Apple TV?

And I agree. Sometimes when I sign out, then back in to the App, BTN shows up. But then after awhile, it reverts back.
ykw
Kendall Park, NJ

ykw to webcobbler

to webcobbler
The BTN2Go App has been removed from Amazon FireStick
dtv757
join:2008-09-20
Virginia Beach, VA

dtv757 to ykw

to ykw
Odd, slightly un related but I wonder if fox sports and fios have some kind of small disagreement. I read on another thread FCS was dropped and fios stopped airing fox 4k broadcasts ... I wonder what is going on...

»FOX College Sports dropped
ykw
Kendall Park, NJ

ykw to webcobbler

to webcobbler
said by webcobbler:

Are you saying that it is Vz FiOS' doing regarding not having the BTN channel in the Fox Sports App? And not Fox Sports, themselves?

The BTN2Go app no longer works

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to dtv757

to dtv757
said by dtv757:

Odd, slightly un related but I wonder if fox sports and fios have some kind of small disagreement. I read on another thread FCS was dropped and fios stopped airing fox 4k broadcasts ... I wonder what is going on...

»FOX College Sports dropped

Fox Sports sold their Regional Networks to Sinclair, will be interesting to see if FIOS makes a carriage deal with Sinclair once all the moves are completed...

»www.forbes.com/sites/bra ··· 9b172596

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to ykw

Premium Member

to ykw
I’m able to watch BTN live on my iPhone using the BTN2Go app and with my Amazon Fire TV stick running the Fox Sports app with my Verizon FiOS login. In other words, I’m not experiencing any problems.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Click for full size
Click for full size
said by webcobbler:

Well, the BTN2Go App no longer works on iOS. When I used it today, there was a mandatory update. No other way. It is now BTN+ Subscription only.

We now must use the Fox Sports App to watch the BTN channel. Eventhough, for most of the time, said App says that BTN is not part of ones TV Package.

Ahh... C'est la vie.

See the two pictures above:

webcobbler

webcobbler to ykw

to ykw
said by ykw:

Recently BTN streaming content was moved from the BTN2GO app to the Fox Sports app, however, FIOS has removed access to BTN in the Fox Sports app!

Error Code 403-PA1000
Your TV subscription allows you limited access to our content.
The content you have selected is unavailable.

In light of what I posted above, I downloaded the Fox Sports App for iOS, Apple TV, as well as for Amazon Fire TV.

Upon logging in on iOS, the BTN channel disappears.

On the Apple TV, it is greyed out, and it says "Channel Unavailable with your TV Package".

While on the Amazon Fire TV, it is also grayed out. When selecting the BTN channel on the Fire TV, I get that same Error Code. 403-PA1000
TonyD79
join:2010-04-08
Ellicott City, MD

1 recommendation

TonyD79

I’ve always hated the fox sports app. It’s confusing and now it is worse because BTN has folded its live stream into it. The subscribed portion is now BTN+ which is messy. Two different places to watch BTN stuff. Add the complication of non streaming of live BTN via the Fox app, which you could do using BTN2Go. It’s a mess.
jco23
join:2019-08-19
Baltimore, MD

jco23 to ykw

to ykw
so here's been my experience/frustration:
prior to 8/1, I was able to watch BTN just fine on my set top boxes/cablecard via Verizon FiOS. recently cut(shaved) the cord and went with only Roku devices. during a brief period of time, I was able to watch live BTN via the Fox Sports, BTN, and Fox Now apps. I could watch both during the "free preview" and after signing with my provider. However, after my plan got updated (custom TV and Sports, which includes BTN), I get the same error message. furthermore, if I signout of those apps, I can still stream BTN live via the "free preview" for 60 minutes. but when signing in, I get the error message.
I first contacted FiOS, and they told me to take it up with BTN. I then tried contacting BTN and they told me to take it up with Fox (also indicated that they were aware of the problems and are transitioning the live stream content to BTN+). I tried FOX, and one person claimed there is a dispute, while another told me to take it up with FiOS. I tried sending another e-mail to Fox Sports, and the only response I get is that my case is closed.
The only thing I have NOT tried is having a friend (which has a regular cable subscription with FiOS) sign in (activate my Roku device) from their account.

I didn't buy the dispute claim, as I could see ALL other channels aside from BTN (including FS1). All I care about is getting BTN - i don't want Fox central, Fox news, FS2, etc.

But given that i can live stream BTN without signing in, but then lose it after signing in indicates to me that the issue could be on FiOS. So I'll have to call and battle with them.
TonyD79
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79

Still a fios problem. I am able to stream BTN from Fox app for att tv but not fios.

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

So right now it's only possible to watch BTN live on your phone when you're connected to your home WiFi network and using the FiOS TV app? That sucks.
TonyD79
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79

Pretty much.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to TonyD79

to TonyD79
said by TonyD79:

Still a fios problem. I am able to stream BTN from Fox app for att tv but not fios.

Assuming that this is indeed a Vz FiOS issue.

I wonder if this is the kind of situation in that, if many people call in to complain about this issue, the more FiOS will look in to it.

If no one calls in about it, they will do nothing. Assuming they know of this issue, that is. Which IMO, is unlikely. Unlike the current ESPN issue with the ACCN channel and ACCN Extra channels, that is all on ESPN.

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to TonyD79

Premium Member

to TonyD79
said by TonyD79:

Yup. Just logged into the Fox Sports app with my mother’s Xfinity ID and was immediately able to stream live BTN programming.
jco23
Baltimore, MD

jco23

thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll call VZ (for the 3rd time) and inform them. agreed with webcobbler - if we do nothing, nothing happens.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

The Fox Now app does not allow access to BTN either.

The same problem happens with the Univision Now website and app.
TUDN is part of my TV package but when I try to view the channel I'm told,
"This channel is not included as part of your Cable TV subscription. Please contact your Cable TV Provider for access."

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

1 recommendation

Steely to jco23

Premium Member

to jco23
Here it is, the 2019 Rutgers football home opener...and no BTN live access with the Fox Sports app for Verizon FiOS subscribers. No problem using an Xfinity ID.
Steely

Steely

Premium Member

Click for full size
Xfinity
Click for full size
FiOS
Xfinity vs. FiOS:
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Yup. The Fox Sports App on iOS does not even show the BTN channel ( if "so called not subscribed" ) .

Compared to it showing said channel, and saying "not subscribed / not available in your TV Package.
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick to ykw

to ykw
I open a thread with Verizon Direct and got William. He said it was a known issue. They did not have time frame to be resolved.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

said by thetick:

I open a thread with Verizon Direct and got William. He said it was a known issue. They did not have time frame to be resolved.

That is good to know. Thanks.

However the question is, do you believe him? That Vz FiOS knows of this issue, and is indeed actively trying to resolve it?

I hope that it is true.
jco23
Baltimore, MD

jco23

agreed. and I've been telling them about this for weeks - only they don't take me serisouly until they get numerous complaints.

@thetick, is this thread on their message boards so that we can see any progress/follow up?
thetick
White Plains, NY

thetick

Yes I specifically stated in my Verizon Direct thread many other FIOS customers with 585 channel access were having the same issue trying to stream BTN. I listed this exact forum thread as evidence.
jco23
Baltimore, MD

jco23

great, thanks!
can you please provide a link to that thread (if allowed)?
thetick
White Plains, NY

thetick

said by jco23:

great, thanks!
can you please provide a link to that thread (if allowed)?

Sure I'm allowed to post the link as shown below but you will get the message "You cannot read topics created by other members in this forum".

»[FIOS] Unable to access BTN Streaming football games
thetick

thetick to ykw

to ykw
I can stream BTN games today on my PC at »www.foxsports.com/live/btn . Yea