uniqs
rat killer
join:2014-02-17
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

rat killer to videomatic3

to videomatic3

Re: [NEWS] Cheaper Unlimited Data now available in the West

I finally got it done. Turns out it only cost $2 more for me. I was already paying 13 for the modem and the xFi advantage plan is only 15 in Houston and includes the modem and unlimited data. Guess Comcast is finally backing away from its data cap profiteering. End result is Gigabit service with modem and unlimited data for 104 a month plus tax. Cool beans!
Expand your moderator at work
jhemze
join:2010-09-05
Osseo, MN

1 edit

1 recommendation

jhemze to gelid

to gelid

Re: [NEWS] Cheaper Unlimited Data now available in the West

Thanks for your reply. I stopped by the Xfinity store today. Picked up a XB6-T. We had 275 MB connection for $79.99 a month. We are a streaming only house. We upgraded to Gigabit Internet w/xFi Advantage and Unlimited Data for $115.71 a month.
Breakdown:
Performance Plus $39.99 a month
Gigabit Internet $50.00 a month
Xfinity Internet Unlimited Data $10.00 a month
xFi Advantage $15.00 a month

My previous setup:
Linksys - AC5400 Tri-Band Router
Netgear Nighthawk CM1100 (From Costco)

Never had any disconnect issues with my old setup. I'm hoping/fingers crossed with the XB6-T it's a solid performer.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

1 recommendation

chgo_man99

Question, since you are streaming only what benefit you are getting from going 275Mbps to 1GB? Do you have large household with lot of of streaminng devices? Or doing this to max upload speed to 40Mbps?
chgo_man99

1 recommendation

chgo_man99 to gelid

to gelid
Is that the same terrible Puma chipset seen in D3.0 32DS modem that causes latency spikes and it made to new D3.1 modems? Or is it just worse in performance than Broadcom like in terms of handling volume of tpc/udp connections or higher average ping but OK?

maxbrando
Premium Member
join:2014-06-01

3 recommendations

maxbrando

Premium Member

The 32 channel D3.0 modems used the PUMA6 chipset, DOCSIS 3.1 modems use the PUMA7 chipset that has exhibited to some degree the same flaw as the PUMA6.
jhemze
Osseo, MN

jhemze to chgo_man99

to chgo_man99
It was only $10 extra to get 1 GB speed instead of 275Mbps in my area. I got this offer by calling retentions.
The 275 speed was plenty for us before, but since it was only $10 more I went with this instead.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

2 recommendations

telcodad

MVM

said by jhemze:

It was only $10 extra to get 1 GB speed instead of 275Mbps in my area. I got this offer by calling retentions.

The 275 speed was plenty for us before, but since it was only $10 more I went with this instead.

Also, the one major advantage with the gigabit tier is the much higher upload speed you get with it - 35 Mbps (~42 Mbps as overprovisioned).
jhemze
Osseo, MN

1 recommendation

jhemze to Ultibeam

to Ultibeam
Click for full size
Yes the other good thing is the upload speed. This is a speed test I did on my Google Pixel 3XL.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

4 edits

3 recommendations

RR Conductor to Ultibeam

Premium Member

to Ultibeam
I just got off of chat, and was able to add Xfi Advantage and unlimited data for $25 a month, that includes the gateway rental, Xfi Advanced Security and unlimited data.

FYI- The 2 year contract we had was moved up to start today, instead of July, when we originally did the deal. So, we have the deal locked in until November 10th of 2021.

$130.00
TVINTERNET$130.00
HD Digital Preferred 220+ Channels

Blast!® Pro Internet Download speeds up to 250 Mbps

Contract discount expires November 10, 2021
Show Details
PREMIUM CHANNELS
Manage Channels
Digital Preferred

Included

Showtime

Included